Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen says in that article that JK and MH didn't come back to the house after their initial visit in the morning, until a few hours later. I'm pretty sure I read that they didn't actually go back to the house until 7:30pm, and if that's true, that's more than a few hours. This is what is screwed up about this case. So many different accounts from people, and news articles. Makes it hard to keep things straight and convolutes everything.

Everyone's definition of a 'few' hours sure can be different, I would think 2 to 4 hours.
Good point. I'll be reading some more (later) articles and maybe he'll be more specific (or not) on the Sunday time-line, which IMO is just as important as the Saturday night time-line.

Tid-bit: I haven't been able to find anything in the NL (News-Leader) til June 9th.

I don't consider Springfield a 'small town'....and no way did I know everyone in my class of @ 375 people.
There were, of course, different social groups that 'hung' together.
I agree. According to Google, in 2017 Springfield, MO. had 167,376 people. Not the biggest town, but not small compared to most cities in Missouri.

More paper 'clippings'......photo of Streeters bdrm included.

Attachments

• The_Springfield_News_Leader_Sun__Jun_14__1992_.pdf
    425.8 KB · Views: 27
  • The_Springfield_News_Leader_Sun__Jun_14__1992_ (1).pdf
    470.7 KB · Views: 19
  • The_Springfield_News_Leader_Sun__Jun_14__1992_ (2).pdf
    409.9 KB · Views: 20
1 year after the abduction....
No mention of Janis calling the Kirby house that morning and finding out Stacy had spent the night at Suzie's.
Strange...now it's "Janelle called Janis at 1 p.m."

Janelle and Mike went back to the house at 3:30.
and it mentions Janelle crying in the backseat of Mike's car and him reassuring her that her friends are 'okay'....

Janis was called at 7:30....

Attachments

• The_Springfield_News_Leader_Sun__Jun_6__1993_.pdf
    560.1 KB · Views: 12
1 year after the abduction....
No mention of Janis calling the Kirby house that morning and finding out Stacy had spent the night at Suzie's.
Strange...now it's "Janelle called Janis at 1 p.m."

Janelle and Mike went back to the house at 3:30.
and it mentions Janelle crying in the backseat of Mike's car and him reassuring her that her friends are 'okay'....

Janis was called at 7:30....
Thank you for posting all of these articles.

Exactly.
What concerns me is the not calling Janis, at all.
Also....SPD was 'suspicious' at least at the beginning, along with the public so it's not unreasonable people still question the incongruity of claim to be 'concerned' and actions taken (or not taken) that day by their friends.

Officer Glen, "I personally find it strange....."

I found it astounding when you read the quote of these people letting themselves in and deciding to relocate items
Now there was obviously a large number of objects moved around inside the home, displaced from the orignal position they were left in but in manner did they clean

Well that’s ok then :rolleyes:

The June 14, 1992 News-Leader article that @MooseMeMuch posted mentions cars to be on the lookout for that were stolen. One might be the van people have been looking for but the other has a licence plate number. I wonder what happened to that car. It's probably been looked into already.

"If you look into the records of missing persons every year, you would not come across many cases like this"...

"I think they (other people) were brought into this not knowing what was going to happen. It's quite possible that the primary person did not know what was going to happen"...

"There are people that have knowledge who don't feel good about the knowledge they have. They may not be the primary person"....

"The abduction leader probably was an acquaintance 'who may have known their comings and goings'"

*"Secondary players may fear going to police because they think the primary culprit would retaliate."

"But anyone withholding information probably is feeling strong anxiety..."

"If you think you don't feel good about it now, don't think it's going to get any better. Don't think it's going to go away."

James Wright of the FBI National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, who said his theory came from "the totality of information," but avoided specifics when speaking after a call-in-television show on KOZK-Ozarks Public television. Kansas City Star July 21, 1992.

See if we go with James Wright theory then we do have a lot of secondary players who could fit this...

IMO

See if we go with James Wright theory then we do have a lot of secondary players who could fit this...

IMO

asyousay , I believe it, that there were more than one perp and I also believe that there are multiple people
who know what happened and why ( not people who done it , but people who knew after the fact)
there is a mastermind behind the crime and criminals who were sent to commit the crime

Last edited:
Is there any possibility to find out who the only person who failed the polygraph test?
I know the police kept his name as a secret for 26 years but maybe some people in Springfield know who
is he? are they theories who was he?

Is there any possibility to find out who the only person who failed the polygraph test?
I know the police kept his name as a secret for 26 years but maybe some people in Springfield know who
is he? are they theories who was he?
Hard to speculate with so many players but I have a pretty good idea...

I find myself agreeing with you a lot. So who was “controlling the strings”.....I think I have some suspects in mind for pulling it off (GJ3/GR peripheral friends).

Was this someone in a gang like GGMC or beyond the gangs....?

asyousay , I believe it, that there were more than one perp and I also believe that there are multiple people
who know what happened and why ( not people who done it , but people who knew after the fact)
there is a mastermind behind the crime and criminals who were sent to commit the crime

Do you have any idea on who would want the Streeters gone?

Did these women know something they shouldn’t?

Yes. I always thought that was the motive. Given how clean the crime was, cash left behind, no trace or bodies turned up in nearly 27 years, it only makes sense that this was highly planned crime with the mastermind, as bluegirl said, keeping people quiet.

Yes. I always thought that was the motive. Given how clean the crime was, cash left behind, no trace or bodies turned up in nearly 27 years, it only makes sense that this was highly planned crime with the mastermind, as bluegirl said, keeping people quiet.

That would make sense as let’s say Sherill was the target for example and then it goes south because Suzie and Stacey turns up then to be able to change your plans so quickly and not slip up even you now have 3 victims and not 1.

Also I’m assuming just because somebody might sign up to kill 1 person doesn’t follow though that that they would then have the stomach to Kill 3 people.

But police noted that Sherrill's closet was in a state of disarray. Was someone looking for something in her closet, like may be money she kept at home. A large amount of money. It would explain why they didn't bother with the money in her purse, if it was a large amount of money that was in the closet. Or was someone hiding in the closet. If so, you wouldn't think that all her stuff would be in a state of disarray and falling out of the closet. You'd think the perp could have just opened the closet, dragged Sherrill into it and shut the door. Unless Sherrill was already dead and he left her laying in the bed like she was sleeping. A lot of speculation on my part, but possible scenarios nonetheless.

Do you have any idea on who would want the Streeters gone?

asyousay , I think the motive you mentioned is the motive who led to this horrible crime.

SpringfieldMan341 I agree that It was definitely to clean for amateurs, They knew exactly what to do and did it calmly and very calculated. They weren't interested in the money in their purses but maybe in something Specifically , Additionally to their mission to make the women disappear

But police noted that Sherrill's closet was in a state of disarray. Was someone looking for something in her closet, like may be money she kept at home. A large amount of money. It would explain why they didn't bother with the money in her purse, if it was a large amount of money that was in the closet. Or was someone hiding in the closet. If so, you wouldn't think that all her stuff would be in a state of disarray and falling out of the closet. You'd think the perp could have just opened the closet, dragged Sherrill into it and shut the door. Unless Sherrill was already dead and he left her laying in the bed like she was sleeping. A lot of speculation on my part, but possible scenarios nonetheless.

Great point Scooby Doo 4U , they were looking for something and maybe they found it , maybe their mission was not just to kidnapped the women but also find something specific they wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member