Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lol...

Fca's been selling stupid her entire life and getting away with it (in her mind). Unfortunately, her greatest sell was to the P12, and I think it really, really p'ses her off that the rest of us don't just fall in line with the jury... She's very indignant and appalled that she can't convince the rest of the world.... I have no doubt that she will keep coming at us with these ridiculous defenses for herself because I think she really believes she will finally get us to see it how she wants... The thing about fca, is she can't stand it when someone confronts her or doesn't believe her. She hates it... She hates when anyone takes her to task, or thinks negatively of her... She doesn't care one bit that Caylee is dead, but, she cares that we think she doesn't care, iykwim? It's always about fca, that's what she loses sleep over...
And I'm just sick of hearing from her, she needs to go sell stupid somewhere else...

All jmo.

She needs to go sell stupid in hell.

She needs to go sell stupid in hell.

Hell or prison......I wonder if she also forgot the next day when she backed her car into the garage and wrapped her up? Or when she was driving around with her in the trunk? Or going to Suburban Dr, opening that trunk, and throwing her body into the woods?... Are we supposed to be dumb enough to believe she blacked out then too?

All jmo.

My whole understanding of this case is based on the Wikipedia entry for it I read a few weeks ago so I might not be too qualified to chime in but based on that article, one juror stated they didn't find her guilty because they didn't know how the child was killed so how could they find her guilty. If they meant accidental drowning vs intentional murder - if the child had accidentally drowned then a parent or guardian would call 911 unless there was foul play involved. If they meant they couldn't determine for a fact if the murder was from suffocation or poison then I don't think that should impact their decision unless they were instructed that way.

Another juror said they didn't like Casey's father at all so it was for that reason they didn't convict her. Now like I said I don't know the case too much to comment on that. I thought I read her parents went into debt hiring lawyers for her so that means they want e to protect her so I don't see why not liking her father would get her off the hook.

Here's an article where juror #2, a father of two including a 4 year old, says the evidence wasn't there and they thought Casey was sexually abused by her father (the same BS the Menendez brothers used to judge story killing their parents except the jury here ate it all up and thought it was ok for her to kill after going through that). Unbelievable.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...ury-wanted-to-find-her-guilty-but-the/1179177

Just saw on CNN, Cheney Mason is now saying fca "blacked out" and just doesn't remember what happened...He said it is similar to a black out from alcohol, but, that she was able to carry on in all other matters of her life. Joey Jackson responds by saying "I think that's the most outrageous thing I've ever heard," and he and another legal correspondent point out that Cheney is speaking as a psychologist and that the "condition" he's describing fca as having doesn't exist, meaning not anything mental health providers even recognize....

Every single time fca or her legal team open their mouths the bigger the insult, and the injustice for this baby....

All jmo.

Must've taken the idea from Jodi Arias and her infamous fog :sick:Not to mention it's a day late and a dollar short. Mason might ought to think about crawling back under his rock with regard to his baby killer, IMO.

Must've taken the idea from Jodi Arias and her infamous fog :sick:Not to mention it's a day late and a dollar short. Mason might ought to think about crawling back under his rock with regard to his baby killer, IMO.

Yes.The fog. :doh: .... Of course...

Fca and Cheney are some duo, still cooking up excuses... Not a coincidence we hear from both of them within the same week when there hasn't been any news for several months...

Bottom line, the girl is a 100% absolute coward. She committed the most coward act against a defenseless child and now she doesn't want to have to answer any questions about it because the truth is she can't, and she knows it. There are too many holes. ChMason knows it too... But, the girl knows exactly what happened. This is typical fca, taking the easy way out. She just can't remember...

All jmo.

She was acquitted because her attorney planted a huge case of reasonable doubt into the jurors' minds during closing argument. After his closing they could not be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the child didn't accidentally drown and things just spiraled into insanity from there. It is a much better thought than a mother drug her child with chloroform and left her to bake to death in the car trunk so she could have sex with her boyfriend without interference.

You may not like him, but I knew he won the case when I heard his closing. I knew she would be acquitted.

It was a great closing, I've watched it again since and he did a good job. I underestimated Baez during the trial and never expected him to hold his own, let alone win!

It was a great closing, I've watched it again since and he did a good job. I underestimated Baez during the trial and never expected him to hold his own, let alone win!

@teatime what you say is ********. I saw the trial and prosecution proved first degree murder beyond any reasonable doubt. The problem in this world is that most minds are NOT reasonable.

In my opinion, one of the biggest factors (I don't know if it can be actually considered a mistake) that led to its acquittal was the fact that so many people were willing to lie and cheat and basically ruin any credibility they might have had.

In my opinion, one of the biggest factors (I don't know if it can be actually considered a mistake) that led to its acquittal was the fact that so many people were willing to lie and cheat and basically ruin any credibility they might have had.

The evidence still pointed towards Casey though. You have to ignore that and be willing to believe in unsubstantiated fantasy to buy her version of events.

The jurors did not do their jobs IMO.

Jeff Ashton should have prosecuted Cindy for perjury.

I've always felt something should've been done. Something's just not right when the world witnesses such blatant dishonesty demonstrated over and over again, and really seeing the worst of the worst in so many of the players involved in the case... and then to have to watch as they all escaped completely unscathed was REALLY tough... I think it has a lot to do with why there are still so many open wounds and even outrage, especially when we are faced with the real possibility that the murderer could be rewarded for her deed with a huge payday... It has always felt like all the guilty offenders, starting with fca - to her atty's - to ca - and on down, were afforded protection and consideration that the tiny victim (the only real & innocent victim) was never allowed... We watched the prosecution prove cindy was lying under oath, her behavior/choices on the witness stand contributed to fca's acquittal and I will always find it completely unfair that they allowed her to get away with perjury. Especially since she was full on busted on it in open court... Crime and poor behavior aren't supposed to pay, but one by one we watched as they all escaped consequences and even celebrated victory... It's hard to swallow...

All jmo.

I've always felt something should've been done. Something's just not right when the world witnesses such blatant dishonesty demonstrated over and over again, and really seeing the worst of the worst in so many of the players involved in the case... and then to have to watch as they all escaped completely unscathed was REALLY tough... I think it has a lot to do with why there are still so many open wounds and even outrage, especially when we are faced with the real possibility that the murderer could be rewarded for her deed with a huge payday... It has always felt like all the guilty offenders, starting with fca - to her atty's - to ca - and on down, were afforded protection and consideration that the tiny victim (the only real & innocent victim) was never allowed... We watched the prosecution prove cindy was lying under oath, her behavior/choices on the witness stand contributed to fca's acquittal and I will always find it completely unfair that they allowed her to get away with perjury. Especially since she was full on busted on it in open court... Crime and poor behavior aren't supposed to pay, but one by one we watched as they all escaped consequences and even celebrated victory... It's hard to swallow...

All jmo.

Just goes to show how bad Jeff Ashton is. After watching the BRILLIANT dissection of the OJ Trial by Vincent Bugliosi I've come to the conclusion that when so much evidence still results in an acquittal it is the fault of the prosecution. For instance they never called back Dr. G to refute all the defense's insane claims. Jeff Ashton effed up badly and the fact that he didn't have the guts to prosecute Cindy says a lot. But if you have seen her lated televised interview, her neck is as wide as a football and she is obese, so something tells me she is paying for it. She knows what she did.

Just goes to show how bad Jeff Ashton is. After watching the BRILLIANT dissection of the OJ Trial by Vincent Bugliosi I've come to the conclusion that when so much evidence still results in an acquittal it is the fault of the prosecution. For instance they never called back Dr. G to refute all the defense's insane claims. Jeff Ashton effed up badly and the fact that he didn't have the guts to prosecute Cindy says a lot. But if you have seen her lated televised interview, her neck is as wide as a football and she is obese, so something tells me she is paying for it. She knows what she did.

I definitely think Ashton underestimated the critical thinking skills of this jury, and assumed this jury would catch on like most juries do. I'm still stunned they were duped by that ridiculous defense and fca's theatrics... I think everyone was, especially while the trial was going on. Most thought the defense was a joke...

After the trial Ashton didn't make any decisions related to charges/ca's perjury. It was another branch of the SAO who made the decision not to charge her... Ashton had backed out by then and was preparing for a change in his career...

And I agree about ca's appearance. She really let Caylee down, but she made her bed, she chose fca, maybe the karma train has come a knockin' some...

All jmo.

I definitely think Ashton underestimated the critical thinking skills of this jury, and assumed this jury would catch on like most juries do. I'm still stunned they were duped by that ridiculous defense and fca's theatrics... I think everyone was, especially while the trial was going on... But, after the trial Ashton didn't make any decisions related to charges/ca's perjury. It was another branch of the SAO who made the decision not to charge her... Ashton had backed out by then and was preparing for a change in his career...

All jmo.

SAO?? His prosecution was bad, as I said he didn't refute almost any of the defense's claims, which had to be done regardless of how outlandish they were.

SAO?? His prosecution was bad, as I said he didn't refute almost any of the defense's claims, which had to be done regardless of how outlandish they were.

SAO - State Attorney's Office... I was just saying they made the decision not to charge ca with perjury... And I agree with you, I do believe the prosecution made a huge mistake by not discrediting the defense claims. Especially, the drowning. They should've attacked that with the evidence that showed fca's activities on the 16th... Big mistake.

All jmo.

SAO - State Attorney's Office... I was just saying they made the decision not to charge ca with perjury... And I agree with you, I do believe the prosecution made a huge mistake by not discrediting the defense claims. Especially, the drowning. They should've attacked that with the evidence that showed fca's activities on the 16th... Big mistake.

All jmo.

exactly, they disputed none of that and expected tape evidence and Dr. G's testimony to hold without any hammering to a jury of mentally challenged imbeciles. He is completely guilty of effing this up.

Jeff Ashton should have prosecuted Cindy for perjury.

Jeff Ashton, nor Linda Drane Burdick, who was the Lead Prosecutor on this case, had the authority to charge Cindy Anthony with Perjury. Even if they wanted to, which, according to Jeff in an interview he was glad he didn't have to make that decision.

That authority and power rested solely with, then, State Attorney Lawson Lamar. At a news conference after the trial was over Lamar stated he would not be pursuing perjury charges against Cindy Anthony.

I would have liked to have seen perjury charges against Cindy the State Attorney's office certainly had the evidence to prove it.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/06/florida.casey.anthony.perjury/index.html

Asked by NBC's "Today Show" whether legal action will be taken against Cindy Anthony for allegedly perjuring herself on the witness stand, Jeff Ashton responded, "I think there could be. That will be a decision made by another branch of our office."
"This, of course, was a rather important, you know, deception, if you will, that obviously was proven to be so by the other evidence. What they do with it is going to be a difficult decision that I'm glad I don't have to make."

Statement from State Attorney's office
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/casey-anthony-mom-cindy-will-not-face-perjury-charges-says-report/

"Our office is not pursuing perjury charges," said Danielle Tavernier, a spokeswoman for the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, in an email, the Sentinel reports.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orla...ow-it-really-happened-20171009-story,amp.html

This Sunday HLN will be doing a show on the case at 9p... I'm glad to see Dr. G and Det. John Allen will be appearing, however I don't have a lot of faith in HLN's coverage considering how much we've seen them cater to the defense over the years, wanting that first interview (Jean Casares, Ashleigh Banfield, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc...)... Not to mention all their nauseating defense attorney-legal analysts...

All jmo.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orla...ow-it-really-happened-20171009-story,amp.html

This Sunday HLN will be doing a show on the case at 9p... I'm glad to see Dr. G and Det. John Allen will be appearing, however I don't have a lot of faith in HLN's coverage considering how much we've seen them cater to the defense over the years, wanting that first interview (Jean Casares, Ashleigh Banfield, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc...)... Not to mention all their nauseating defense attorney-legal analysts...

All jmo.

From the article, ... "A preview with promotion from HLN: “Why was Anthony lying? And where was Caylee? This extraordinary two-part episode follows the twists and turns of this bizarre case and unbelievable trial.”

Well, WE know where Caylee was, don't we. I just watched a rerun of the Dr. Phil episode that Ashton appeared on, and I just couldn't get over the woman in the audience who didn't believe Casey did it. It was filmed years ago, just after his book came out, but I had forgotten he was even on Dr. Phil so I watched again. Ugh. I hate her.

One thing that will always gnaw at me regarding this trial was how the judge pandered to the defense. He is a very knowledgeable judge, known to be fair. I believe his intentions were to help what he believed was an ill-equipped defense do the best job they could. However, it looked like he favored the defense on way too many occasions. I am not talking about motions or other legal stuff. Judge was right on the money in his rulings. But he took personal jabs at the prosecutor while allowing Baez to get away with all sorts of idiocy. I saw it that way and I do not think it was lost on the jury.

This entire post is just my opinion. But I can't help but wonder if it was also the opinion of some of the jurors. I think they liked the judge; he was a very affable person and his intelligence was obvious. I just think that they decided to like who they felt the judge favored. Now, I don't think the judge actually DID favor Baez. I just think that it appeared as though he did. Perhaps enough to sway the jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back