"Mistatements" and/or Lies by Cindy & George

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/George Anthony Deposition.pdf Page 34
(Morning Deposition of George)

George: You'll have to ask sheriff's department about that.
MR. MORGAN: No, your investigators, what reports did you
get back?
MR. CONWAY: That's privileged information. It's privileged information.
MR. MORGAN: Why is it privileged
MR. CONWAY: Because he hired them. They worked for him. Everything that was given to them
is work product.
MR. MORGAN: That isn't work.
MR. CONWAY: It had everything to do with the fact they were being investigated by the sheriff's office. They were obstructions of --
MR. MORGAN: You're taking the privilege based on no pending lawsuit.
MR. CONWAY: I'm talking about the lawsuit based on pending criminal charges at the time.
MR. MORGAN: Against the Anthonys?
MR. CONWAY: Yes, sir.
MR. MORGAN: George and Cindy?
MR. CONWAY: According to the sheriff's office, they're being investigated and could be charged with obstruction charges.
MR. MORGAN: Not now or still?
MR. CONWAY: At this point, no, absolutely not.

MR. MORGAN: Then you have no privilege.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Cindy Anthony Deposition April 9.pdf Page 113-114
(Afternoon Deposition of Cindy)

MR. CONWAY: I'm going to object to work product, privilege.
MR. DILL: I want to make sure for your objection, these private citizens have retained a private attorney to work for them and you're --
MR. MITNIK: Private investigator Mr. Dill
MR. DILL: private investigator and you're taking the position that there is a privilege that applies that makes it not discoverable in a civil lawsuit about the substance of any conversations or anything else?
MR. CONWAY: The conversations between them, correct.
MR. DILL: What is the basis for that.
MR. CONWAY: Product, work product.
MR. DILL: You understand -- I'm not trying to -- hold on. I'm not trying to argue here but I want to be clear. Work product means that there is something in pending litigation that's made in anticipation of -- in existing or pending litigation. Is there existing or pending litigation against these individuals, the answer that I'm not aware of O.K.
MR. CONWAY: There may be.
MR. DILL: I want to know or not.

In this morning session with George, Conway is attempting to excuse George from testifying about his relationship and communication with DC. He objects by using "work product". Eventually he admits that there is no current investigation or litigation, at least by the State. (Actually, he is rather adamant about it).
In the afternoon session with Cindy, once again Conway attempts to claim "work product" to keep Cindy from having to disclose her relationship with DC. This time he claims that there may be "existing or pending litigation".
This seems contradictory to me, but it may be that I am to naive to understand why it is not a contradiction by Conway. I hesitate to use the word "lie" here, but to me there is an apparent inconsistancy by Conway. This disturbs me. I realize that Conway is not under oath, but he is an officer of the court being recorded in a deposition. Either GA/CA have been served notice of possible court proceedings by the State or a private party, or they have not.
Maybe the differences in Conways statements can be explained?

Could there be charges pending for CA but no longer for GA?

I would also like to know who told CA and GA to chew gum during depos? It is so disrespectful and also annoying. I am sure they have been legally briefed into what 'to' and 'not' do. I can't wait for any Judge to tell them to spit it out.

Could there be charges pending for CA but no longer for GA?

I hope there is pending charges against both of them...obstruction of justice and obstruction of a criminal investigation and lying to LE...I could probably think of more in a second or two.

I would also like to know who told CA and GA to chew gum during depos? It is so disrespectful and also annoying. I am sure they have been legally briefed into what 'to' and 'not' do. I can't wait for any Judge to tell them to spit it out.

Because don't you know they live by their own rules, morals, ethics and manners and are above the law.

Valhall- I about wet mysel when I read your siggy! Thanks for the good laugh!:woohoo:

GA became very upset when the atty mentioned the word "remains" in the depo regarding finding his granddaughter who was found in an area that had previously been underwater. But has no problem going out on a boat named after his granddaughter that's supposed purpose is to locate missing children whose "remains" may be underwater. So was that reaction to the word "remains" at the depo just for show???

I'm sure at the trial they will mention way more than "remains", so Georgy better wear his big boy drawers and get ready for it.

GA became very upset when the atty mentioned the word "remains" in the depo regarding finding his granddaughter who was found in an area that had previously been underwater. But has no problem going out on a boat named after his granddaughter that's supposed purpose is to locate missing children whose "remains" may be underwater. So was that reaction to the word "remains" at the depo just for show???

In a word: "Absolutely."

As was most of their performance, referred to as a tv show or something similar by none other than martyrmom herself.

---
And he says in his depo that 'he is on the ball'? yeh, right! I don't know about the rest of the people out there, but I hope GA and CA also get charged with something for trying to impede the investigation.

ditto-1.gif

As for 'on the ball' well, unfortunately, that is a quickly moving target with these folks, isn't it?

offwall.gif

And I hate to get personal with folks that aren't a ten, but...

fetitobm.jpg

Cindy said she's paid only one medical bill for Caylee (around $250 IIRC), and her implication was that Casey handled paying the rest. But Casey was broke.

So, who was paying Caylee's pediatrician? I assume she saw a pediatrian. Maybe Cindy's medical insurance covered all the rest? Do we know anything about this?

You are right, I never thought about this...who was paying for the well child visits? Did caylee have them? Who took her, and who paid? These are not cheap, AND some insurance companies won't pay for them in some cases. I wonder who held Caylee or went with her while she was receiving her vaccinations? When my girls were 'babies' I had my husband do it. I was too chicken to do it. :hen:(I cried, and didn't want the girls to see this) But I have grown out of that stage.

Of course the pediatrician visits could have been covered in another thread and I haven't read it.

Because don't you know they live by their own rules, morals, ethics and manners and are above the law.

To show such disrespect during the depo by CA unfortunately reflects back on her own attorney. First with the gum chewing and secondly with the remarks to ZG that sorry but you are not a 10. It makes BC look as if he has not prepared his clients very well. No wonder he did not want to ride down in the elevator with them.

You are right, I never thought about this...who was paying for the well child visits? Did caylee have them? Who took her, and who paid? These are not cheap, AND some insurance companies won't pay for them in some cases. I wonder who held Caylee or went with her while she was receiving her vaccinations? When my girls were 'babies' I had my husband do it. I was too chicken to do it. :hen:(I cried, and didn't want the girls to see this) But I have grown out of that stage.

Of course the pediatrician visits could have been covered in another thread and I haven't read it.

Yes, I hope that LE has subpoened CA's insurance info. It would show if there had been any claims made on Caylee in the past few years. Of course, CA would just say "That's right! You didn't ask about insurance! You asked about money I had paid out!" What a piece of work!

To show such disrespect during the depo by CA unfortunately reflects back on her own attorney. First with the gum chewing and secondly with the remarks to ZG that sorry but you are not a 10. It makes BC look as if he has not prepared his clients very well. No wonder he did not want to ride down in the elevator with them.

I'm betting that even BC has figured out at this point that you can't tell CA and GA what to do and how to act. They are going to do it their way or no way! I think the only reason BC is still hanging in there is because it is such a high profile case with tons of media exposure. If it weren't, I'm sure he would have been long gone!

There's lots of ways she could have gotten Jesse's number after KC was arrested, they had KC's cell phone, Lee had his number. Jesse said he got a text/or call from Geo after KC's seizure. But amazingly Zany was the only person who babysat Caylee that Cindy claims she ever had a phone number or address for! What a coincidence!! And yet amazingly Cindy never used any of the numbers or addresses to contact KC/Caylee/Zany for those 31 days!?!

Does Cindy really think people are that stupid??? That is possibly the biggest lie I've heard since Zany took Caylee....

I thought I'd fall over when I read this. KC was engagedto Jesse, and Jesse's father babysat Caylee frequently when she was an infant. For Pete's sake...you don't know where they live nor do you have any phone number? The whole depo thing was just off the charts!! Stunning that these people believe their behavior is gonna fly. I agree that KC should have just settled this rather than force the plaintiff's hand.

O/T

I am watching the original Willy Wanka and The Chocolate Factory w/ Gene Wilder. I totally cracked up when 'Violet' started chewing the forbidden gum.....the following is a portion of the song the Oompa Loompa's were singing as they rolled her away....

"Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have another puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-da-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile
But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long

The way that a cow does "

I just had to post this, with all the GUM CHEWING!:rolleyes:

imo

I believe that Dominic holds key information that not only shows KC's guilt, but also knowledge that could lead to obstruction charges for the Anthonys and maybe even sanctions for Baez and Conway. This is the reason the following exerpts from Thursday's depositions intrigue me.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/George Anthony Deposition.pdf (George's Deposition)
Page 24
Q The investigator, Dominic Casey, did he work for you or the family at any time?
14 MR. CONWAY: You can answer that.
15 A He's worked for us, I believe, since about November of 2008.
Q And "us" would be who?
18 A The Anthony family, Cindy and I.
Page 77
15 A Dominic has been our private investigator, I believe, since about November of last year, you know, give or take a week or so.
18 Q And that means -- by "our," you mean your and Cindy's investigator?
20 A Uh-huh, yeah.
Page79
5 Q Did you sign a retainer with him?
6 A I didn't sign a retainer with him, no.
7 Q So everything is verbal between you and him as far as payments go, not to get into specific payments, but just as far as payments go?
10 A Yes.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Cindy Anthony Deposition April 9.pdf (Cindy's Deposition) Page 111

6 A Dominic Casey's been working for us.
7 Q Who paid Dominic -- do you know who paid Dominic Casey?
9 A (Shakes head.) Paid Dominic Casey for what?
10 Q To work for you?
11 A Dominic Casey and I have a contract.
12 Q Okay. And who has that contract?
13 A I have a copy of it. Dominic Casey has a copy of it.
15 Q Are you the only two parties to the contract?
16 A George is on there too.
17 Q You and George and Dominic. And when was that signed?
19 AA It was signed probably in October but we had a verbal contract prior to that.
21 Q I understand. Anybody else -- did anybody else sign the contract?
23 A Yes.
Q Who?
25 A We have Sherry Milstead and did Dennis sign it too? I don't know. I can ask him.
Q This notarized contract, who has possession of it?
6 A I already stated Dominic has a copy and I have a copy.
8 Q He was being retained in your mind to do what?
9 A Dominic did whatever we asked him to do.
Page 115
17 Q When you said they signed the contract, they signed it as witnesses. It was just between George and Cindy and Mr. Casey?
20 A They are not parties to the contract.
25 A We had a verbal contract.
3 Q That was prior to the lawsuit?
4 A Yes.
5 Q How about the written contract. That's before the lawsuit. The conversations before the lawsuit's filed?
8 A We had two written contracts and I can't tell you the first conversation.

George says that there is no written contract, it is verbal and was initiated in November "give or take a week or so".
Cindy states that there are TWO signed contracts, at least one initiated in about October, with a verbal contract prior to that.

Either Cindy or George (Or Both) are not being truthful. So why lie about this?

I SPECULATE that Cindy understands the value that the contracts have concerning privilege, and knows that the earlier the contract was put in place, the more protection it will offer them. I would even guess that the reason that S Milstead is a witness to the contract was to validate a Pre-dated contract. S Milstead has a history of lack of morals, so this would be easy for Cindy to do.
George on the other hand, realizes the damage that a fraudulent contract could cause, and skirts the issue by stating the only contract was verbal.
Very interesting to me!

Perhaps someone has told them not to chew gum, and thats exactly why they now do it. Imo these people do not take well to being told to do anything and when they are, they will do the opposite.
Before, I thought maybe Cindy was always chewing to help with having dry mouth, but there are other things she could do rather than that constant chomping, just having a mint in your mouth could help and not be as noticible.

VB

If they make statements contradictory to this depo during the KC trial they can use this depo to refute the KC trial statements. I hope they can use the video of it! What a :cow: she is.

O/T

I am watching the original Willy Wanka and The Chocolate Factory w/ Gene Wilder. I totally cracked up when 'Violet' started chewing the forbidden gum.....the following is a portion of the song the Oompa Loompa's were singing as they rolled her away....

"Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have another puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-da-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

Gum chewing's fine when it's once in a while
It stops you from smoking and brightens your smile
But it's repulsive, revolting, and wrong
Chewing and chewing all day long

The way that a cow does "

I just had to post this, with all the GUM CHEWING!:rolleyes:

imo

LINK

I believe that Dominic holds key information that not only shows KC's guilt, but also knowledge that could lead to obstruction charges for the Anthonys and maybe even sanctions for Baez and Conway. This is the reason the following exerpts from Thursday's depositions intrigue me.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/George Anthony Deposition.pdf (George's Deposition)
Page 24
Q The investigator, Dominic Casey, did he work for you or the family at any time?
14 MR. CONWAY: You can answer that.
15 A He's worked for us, I believe, since about November of 2008.
Q And "us" would be who?
18 A The Anthony family, Cindy and I.
Page 77
15 A Dominic has been our private investigator, I believe, since about November of last year, you know, give or take a week or so.
18 Q And that means -- by "our," you mean your and Cindy's investigator?
20 A Uh-huh, yeah.
Page79
5 Q Did you sign a retainer with him?
6 A I didn't sign a retainer with him, no.
7 Q So everything is verbal between you and him as far as payments go, not to get into specific payments, but just as far as payments go?
10 A Yes.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Cindy Anthony Deposition April 9.pdf (Cindy's Deposition) Page 111

6 A Dominic Casey's been working for us.
7 Q Who paid Dominic -- do you know who paid Dominic Casey?
9 A (Shakes head.) Paid Dominic Casey for what?
10 Q To work for you?
11 A Dominic Casey and I have a contract.
12 Q Okay. And who has that contract?
13 A I have a copy of it. Dominic Casey has a copy of it.
15 Q Are you the only two parties to the contract?
16 A George is on there too.
17 Q You and George and Dominic. And when was that signed?
19 AA It was signed probably in October but we had a verbal contract prior to that.
21 Q I understand. Anybody else -- did anybody else sign the contract?
23 A Yes.
Q Who?
25 A We have Sherry Milstead and did Dennis sign it too? I don't know. I can ask him.
Q This notarized contract, who has possession of it?
6 A I already stated Dominic has a copy and I have a copy.
8 Q He was being retained in your mind to do what?
9 A Dominic did whatever we asked him to do.
Page 115
17 Q When you said they signed the contract, they signed it as witnesses. It was just between George and Cindy and Mr. Casey?
20 A They are not parties to the contract.
25 A We had a verbal contract.
3 Q That was prior to the lawsuit?
4 A Yes.
5 Q How about the written contract. That's before the lawsuit. The conversations before the lawsuit's filed?
8 A We had two written contracts and I can't tell you the first conversation.

George says that there is no written contract, it is verbal and was initiated in November "give or take a week or so".
Cindy states that there are TWO signed contracts, at least one initiated in about October, with a verbal contract prior to that.

Either Cindy or George (Or Both) are not being truthful. So why lie about this?

I SPECULATE that Cindy understands the value that the contracts have concerning privilege, and knows that the earlier the contract was put in place, the more protection it will offer them. I would even guess that the reason that S Milstead is a witness to the contract was to validate a Pre-dated contract. S Milstead has a history of lack of morals, so this would be easy for Cindy to do.
George on the other hand, realizes the damage that a fraudulent contract could cause, and skirts the issue by stating the only contract was verbal.
Very interesting to me!

IIRC, contracts for privilege don't cover illegal actions. If they knew where the body was and yet didn't tell LE then privilege is thrown out the window. If a psychiatrist knows an illegal act is going to be committed by a patient he can break the privilege. So I'm not sure that privilege would be covered here.

I hope they throw their butts in the pokey!!
zworhty.gif

Perhaps someone has told them not to chew gum, and thats exactly why they now do it. Imo these people do not take well to being told to do anything and when they are, they will do the opposite.
Before, I thought maybe Cindy was always chewing to help with having dry mouth, but there are other things she could do rather than that constant chomping, just having a mint in your mouth could help and not be as noticible.

VB

"George, Cindy whatever you do don't tell the truth on the stand!!" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members