Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PS - the article did mention Janet's family would attend, but still didn't give a start time. I can't even remember what time trial used to start - was it 9 or 9:30 their time?

I may sound a little scatterbrained - just go with me peeps. It's the computer driving me nuts.

Mornin peeps. Anyone here yet?? I'll assume 9AM to be on the safe side. It IS going to be live, right?

Mrshopkines, thanx for the link. We were on the same brainwave, but months apart! I would *swear* when I was looking at past testimony this AM, there was an article dated MAY FIRST, that mentioned a rumor of a possible plea deal. Of course, I can't find it now, and the article you linked today, mentions there was a possibility of one before the trial started, and again now.
The reason I asked if I missed it in an earlier post - it would have happened only days after the trial started, and I don't remember us talking about it.
(For some reason, my computer is doubling certain words and phrases that make me look *nuts*, and question my sanity. I *know* it sounds weird, but it just did it again, I swear!! Just pretend I am stuttering.)

I realize the state has a budget to consider, but gosh. Being *so* close, and not reaching for the justice ring would be disappointing. I wonder how Janet's family would feel about a plea deal, and if they have any input.
I'm with ya Trix. I think RA is way too arrogant and self assured to accept a plea.

Oh, one more thing. Your link showed short clips, Mrshopkins, of this AM's court procedure, and I'm wondering why they don't have the entire procedure available to view since it was obviously filmed.

Funny story. My husband is on a business trip out of the country, and it is already tomorrow there. My girlfriend's tween daughter asked this:
"Why can't your DH just watch the court thing nine hours ahead of you, and tell you what happened before it's even on here?" lol
If only.

It's still not a guarantee that there would be a guilty verdict the second time around. It would really depend on how strongly the Pros. feels their case is and if it's worth it (taxpayer wise) to go through another trial.

An interesting dynamic as far as public perception is what if there was a second trial and he was found innocent. My assumption is a lot of the ire would be more directed to the one holdout in the first trial instead of the 12 that found him innocent in the second.

I saw the news report on the plea deal before the trial and that information came straight from the defense and I laughed. After witnessing the entire trial, and listening to all their "facts" and listening to them say things DURING the trial that were completely wrong, wrong dates, wrong years, wrong information, things they should have known to be true, it is my opinion that the plea deal was just another red herring that the defense cooked up, I wouldn't have put it past them to ask for "time served" or some other ridiculous offer.

Raven would be STUPID to not take a plea deal, but we all know he is. There is no way he will take a plea deal. His mom enjoys the limelight as does he. It was mentioned how much money this costs this state, especially when they have to pay the defense, who paid for Karen's brand new outfit every day at trial, her hotel, her tanning, her new shoes each day at trial? Does that fit in the budget of the indigent services?

Janet's family has suffered for 8 years of their life now, and need closure but Raven isn't going to take any plea deal because he's a sociopath and he's stupid. I think the state, if they are offering one, it isn't because they think they have a weak case, because even when Raven is found guilty 12-1 , Janet's family aren't going to be winners and there won't be some huge celebration, the real winner is that Raven can't hurt another woman or destroy any other families.

I've taken a break as I've been in a lupus flare. I just read the Chapel Hill article about the jurors comments, also the News & Observer. What a shame for Janet's family.

I, too, doubt RA will take a plea deal. My only reason I would support one is to give Janet's family peace and closure. Their health issues and the mental/emotional strain of another trial also figures into this.

Thanks, Trix for the info. What time is the hearing today? I'm assuming this AM?

Tarheel, I'm so sorry to hear that you have Lupus, I do too and know how it's rough to deal with during a flare up.

WRAL is stating noon now. I doubt that it will be live and not sure how they are going to allow Raven to come in, dressed or should he be wearing his Orange Jumpsuit in chains.

I hope they get a little bit of it for us to see.

Does their live streaming go down when WRAL has their noon news?

Anyone know the weather there. Seems they have had a lot of issues with their live coverage during bad weather.

Does their live streaming go down when WRAL has their noon news?

Anyone know the weather there. Seems they have had a lot of issues with their live coverage during bad weather.
My feed is surprisingly uninterrupted today. Can't tell what the judge is waiting for.

He looks like any other faceless inmate. Amazing how one looks dramatically different once they don a prison jumpsuit.

Janet's brother Richard, Connie, Janet's sister-in-law, Mrs. Christiansen and a family friend are in court today.

Was Tyndall checking out that lady's booty? C'mon, Amos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back