MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking the judge didn't specify for them to stay off social media. If memory serves me correct, he never did say directly NOT to be on. He did ask they not research the case?

I'd love to be wrong though. Not that it matters at this point, sadly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well this has been all over social media and I think that should be a restriction, there's no way to avoid seeing it.

How can you prosecute anyone with a judge that tells the closing argument lawyer to "wrap it up". We have been here enough to know some closing arguments last hours. He felt over one hour was too much. What a colossal jerk. He probably needed the break, not the jury or anyone else. I could not stand this a-hole the whole way through this trial. I think Nancy did a fantastic job. I was so shocked by all the evidence they had against him. What happens now?

The good thing about Social Media is the judge will get ripped up one side and down the other. He will think twice before he goes on live TV and shows himself for the incompetent jerk that he is, again. I am just so damn mad!!

I wrote this post/poem on the 5th thread, 1/8/2014
I'm sad to use it again here years later, but I just want to keep calling to Heather for a sign!

For Heather: by, me...kinda just came out...please feel to copy to your posts and add to it...

Moonchild, Moonchild
Shine your light
A crescent beam
and make it bright!!

Seeking a glimmer
on a dark, cold night
dear twinkling soul
please guide us right

we know you're out there
we try to see
hope, we have
we must believe!

I wrote this post/poem on the 5th thread, 1/8/2014
I'm sad to use it again here years later, but I just want to keep calling to Heather for a sign!

I missed that then, but it is beautiful!

The good thing about Social Media is the judge will get ripped up one side and down the other. He will think twice before he goes on live TV and shows himself for the incompetent jerk that he is, again. I am just so damn mad!!

Doubtful. He strikes me as someone who has no use or tolerance for paying attention to social media at all. He's probably already on a golf course somewhere in Charleston sipping cocktails with the other high society folks there.

I took it that Bri was saying she never saw tampons when she and Heather were in the appt from beginning of November.
I could be wrong here, but I didnt think she said 'yes, she got her period'. I heard 'she told me she bled a little' and I gathered that this was taken from one of the phone calls Heather and Bri had on the week Heather was kidnapped and Bri was out of State. I felt Bri was hesitant to answer THAT question as she hadn't witnessed it in person and wasn't 100% sure Heather had had her full period. I dunno. Hope to be corrected if wrong.

Heather officially moved in at the end of November and Bri talked about Heather spotting.I really didn't find it odd that there were no used tampons or pads found in the trash.Heather hadn't lived there a full month yet before she went missing.

I took it that Bri was saying she never saw tampons when she and Heather were in the appt from beginning of November.
I could be wrong here, but I didnt think she said 'yes, she got her period'. I heard 'she told me she bled a little' and I gathered that this was taken from one of the phone calls Heather and Bri had on the week Heather was kidnapped and Bri was out of State. I felt Bri was hesitant to answer THAT question as she hadn't witnessed it in person and wasn't 100% sure Heather had had her full period. I dunno. Hope to be corrected if wrong.

Bri testified that Heather had started spotting. Truslow then called her attention to the witness statement she/Bri gave. In that statement Bri said Heather had either started or got her period.

For several reasons, I do not believe Heather was pregnant on 12/18/2013. Bri's testimony is one of those reasons.

"If he's not guilty, he's sure done everything to make himself look that way."

This is a quote I just heard on an episode of The First 48 I'm currently watching....a circumstantial case where the guy did everything after the fact to cover his tracks.

Sounds familiar, right?

Bri testified that Heather had started spotting. Truslow then called her attention to the witness statement she/Bri gave. In that statement Bri said Heather had started her period.

For several reasons, I do not believe Heather was pregnant on 12/18/2013. Bri's testimony is one of those reasons.

I don't think she was either, but that doesn't mean SM knew that.

Juror spokesman stated too many unanswered questions. Too many what ifs. Also said the truck was the main concern. He knew SM phoned her at the pay phone but no records of what was said. But after that basically circumstantial.

Personally I think this juror voted guilty and he did state he would have kept on going if he thought possible but 10-2

What a troubling statement by that juror. Records of "what was said?" In this case, the victim called her roommate and BFF literally a few minutes after talking to SM and she told Bri exactly what SM said. How often do we get to see that kind of evidence? Did this jury just not pay any attention?

Thank You. I choose to believe this circumstantial evidence of the walkmart encounter (lol) and I agree if he was one of the holdouts then he was not going to budge. Which brings me to another conclusion. Once the judge saw the jury # then he also knew the guy was probably not going to budge and that is why he didn't make the jury keep going back to try more.

Grrrrrrrr (again)

This kind of crap of the judge's knowing the defendents family, shaking hands with defendant, and friends of the defendent's attorney being on the jury is just BS. It does affect the trial. In a big way I may add.

I think I need to get a drink and call it a night. Thanks everyone.

BBM: I needed that laugh.

I don't think she was either, but that doesn't mean SM knew that.
At one point Heather herself thought she was pregnant. It's unusual to suddenly go up 2 cup sizes in bras from gaining some weight. Cup size change in a matter of weeks is related to hormones. Weight gain usually affects the band size needed in a bra, but not immediately needing a larger cup size by 2 sizes. Maybe she was pregnant and maybe she wasn't.

The only thing that really matters is that SM & TM *thought* that Heather might be or was pregnant and their actions stem from that belief. Why else purchase a pregnancy test at 1:19am the very early morning the victim is about to go missing?

I believe in our justice system. I really do. Sometimes it's hard to accept when the jury's decision differs from mine but I respect their decision. Most of us here followed this from the beginning. It may be fairly easy for some of us to determine guilty bard bc we've been privy to more info than those jurors. I personally don't think the prosecution did the best job they could have and if I'm being completely honest I'd add not by a long shot.

Why was Sticky Fingers not brought up, especially considering it's close proximity to where HE & BW lived? Why weren't camera locations documented from the beginning? Why weren't SM's cell pings brought up, if they were even investigated at all, especially the navigation prior to HE's disappearance that maybe could show places scouted out? Since BW was allowed to be questioned about the 2 guys HE slept with in Dec, why weren't their full names provided and why weren't they brought into the court? I don't understand how someone's name can be given yet they're not in court. The whole business of DHjr & DH was so sketchy it's not even funny - and the judge allowed it even by not allowing it! Why? Bri specifically said HE spotted even though KT tried to get her to say HE had a full blown period, she didn't even come close to saying that but said she bled yet don't forget she also said HE didn't use tampons or whatever and she (BW) would have noticed bc she's the one that cleaned the bathroom - she actually corrected him by saying HE spotted. How could it be suggested anyone else got her pregnant? I'm thinking KT wasn't trying to show someone else could have impregnated HE but rather was trying to show she slept around. With that kind of thought in the jury's minds it could help to take away the motive from SM (and TM in the future). The jurors saw some of the text messages. They specifically saw text messages that were most likely between TM and HE that show HE didn't even care. It was blatantly obvious and I'll wager it didn't sit well with some of those jurors. One of the biggest mistakes I think the prosecution made was not showing HE to be a misguided headstrong young lady that may have had a few issues but was unequivocally in love with SM. By not "sticking up" for her, and at least showing a more human craving love type of side to her, imo they failed her.

Even though it's been suggested there's enough to go through with a civil trial, I'd be very surprised if either one of TM & SM were found guilty bc anything and everything could be used from either side. SM & TM past history, social media, phone pings calls texts browsing history etc can be used...but so can HE's against the case in return. The Defense would be able to present history on everyone HE had contact with, including her father, and that could be devastating imo. HE's social media alone will turn heads of most jurors. Even though she was young it won't be an excuse that they'd need to consider as facts are facts. That would indeed become evidence to them imvho.

FYI, my son heard part of the trial while I was watching it. He thinks it's ridiculous that I'd spend a day watching a trial about someone I didn't even know. Heck he's probably got a point lol! Well his reaction - and he's a very educated young man mind you - his reaction was to say well she shouldn't have been involved with a married man and sounds like she got around how are they so sure this guy is responsible... He's completely impartial, never heard anything about this case, doesn't follow this "junk" he calls it, says he doesn't have time for this crap and if he were on the jury they'd have to show alot more for him to vote guilty. Idk, makes me wonder if that jury had the same mentality.

I'm curious of the jury's background, relationship status, if cheating or affairs were ever in their lives, and even more curious about domestic violence. I'm also interested in how close of a friend the one juror is with SM's attorney.

This seems to be the reason for the raft of questions from the jury, including the meaning of reasonable doubt and circumstantial evidence - the foreman (aka friend of KT) wanted "concrete" beyond-a-doubt evidence and declared "reasonable" doubt without such. Yes, he is a true friend of the defense attorney alright, all he had to do was get one other person to see things his way so he didn't look like the only hold out based on his friendship rather than the evidence in the trial.
"What if...." you can what if anything and everything and get absolutely no where. They were told to look at the evidence presented.... not to try to apply "what if" scenarios.... jmo

At one point Heather herself thought she was pregnant. Maybe she was and maybe she wasn't. The only thing that really matters is that SM & TM *thought* that Heather might be or was pregnant and their actions stem from that belief. Why else purchase a pregnancy test at 1:19am the very early morning the victim is about to go missing?

I totally get what you are saying.But there is no proof that it was bought for Heather.Now had Sidney sent a text message to Heather stating that he had bought her a test...well that would be a whole other ballgame.

someone needs to turn in the picture of the Judge shaking the hand of SM, it needs to be reported to the State AG's office/State Bar, he needs to be removed. Did he shake either of the attorney (solicitor--what a misleading word anyway, like presser! ) I digress.
Judge's can be removed from the bench for misconduct/inappropriateness, he has at least four trial errors in this case that are MOO.
1. Allownig KT's friend to be on the jury
2. Being a friend of SM's father-- TY TTF14
3. Shaking the hand of the defendant
4. Not requesting and hearing Motions on the violation of the gag order in place for this matter.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/discCounsel/howtofile.cfm

In this particular case I can point to actions and statements by the judge AND the judge allowing a friend of the defense team attorney to be on the jury as a blatant problem. It's easy to point fingers at the state, but the state had to live with what the judge decided. Just like Judge blowhard Belvin Perry allowed jurors on the Anthony trial who "didn't think it was right to judge others," this judge made some questionable rulings that any other judge not in that jurisdiction would easily question. The judge is not to be biased. This one clearly was. It contributed to the mistrial. Thanks judge, you helped waste lots of $$$$ for Horry County.

someone needs to turn in the picture of the Judge shaking the hand of SM, it needs to be reported to the State AG's office/State Bar, he needs to be removed. Did he shake either of the attorney (solicitor--what a misleading word anyway, like presser! ) I digress.
Judge's can be removed from the bench for misconduct/inappropriateness, he has at least four trial errors in this case that are MOO.
1. Allownig KT's friend to be on the jury
2. Being a friend of KT's father?
3. Shaking the hand of the defendant
4. Not requesting and hearing Motions on the violation of the gag order in place for this matter.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/discCounsel/howtofile.cfm

#2, I think you mean a friend of SM's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot