MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH got interested in this case Monday evening, we started watching videos of the trial on the tv from youtube.
Not once did I see the Solicitor show a pic of HE. It is my opinion that a huge picture of HE should have been on display in
the courtroom during the states closing argument. Since she is unable to be there, she needs to be humanized and she wasn't.

At this moment while we are watching the closing arguments, I brought up a big pic of Heather on my laptop, enlarged it to fit the screen and
placed my laptop where she is seen while watching the closing arguments on tv.
This is the only way I know of to honor her right now, this beautiful young woman taken forever. I pray you are found love and brought home so your family
can have a place to visit you and possibly go on with their lives.
Heather, you are loved and will always be loved and never forgotten. :candle: :rose: :candle:

I cannot wait to forget SM/TM.

So is it reasonable that:

1. Sidney claimed his wife was in the truck at Walmart, yet he locks her in the truck with his remote and takes the keys and remote with him?
2. A wife sits in the truck when she has the chance to go into Walmart? (what wife who can easily walk does this?)
3. RIGHT after buying a pregnancy test, the husband immediately drives to a pay phone (a pay phone?) parks no where near the pay phone to avoid being spotted on camera, and calls his EX-mistress...the one he hasn't talked to in weeks, to tell her "he left his wife, misses her, and wants to be with her?" Meanwhile he hasn't left his wife and has no intent to do so.
4. A couple hours after that the husband drives his F150 truck to a dark, desolate boat landing where the victim's car is also found abandoned, right at the same time?
5. The husband erases data from the 'black box' on his truck covering just the time period the crime occured
6. The husband/wife (one or both of them) discards a working DVR security system and purchases a brand new one TWO days after the crime.

You have to take the events in totality. You really think Sidney was purchasing that pregnancy test for his WIFE? Then why immediately call the ex mistress? Common sense.

Madeliene,I know he's guilty.I am just throwing things out there that would be questionable.No one knows who he bought that test for.It's pure speculation.I don't need the third degree.Nothing wrong with someone asking legit questions.Gheeze.I love the way your brain works and how knowledgeable you are with law.Just take it down a notch and don't make some peon like me feel like what I say is irrelevant.It's just simple back and forth talk amongst us who are interested in criminal trials.:loveyou:

I knew this morning it wasnt going to go well. The jury didnt understand the instructions, didnt understand circumstantial evidence or beyond a reasonable doubt.

I agree. Put this family into financial ruin forever. Anybody know if they have to pay Truslow again to defend him in a 2nd trial? I would assume so, let those bills pile up!

Honestly, Truslow acted like he didn't even want to shake hands with SM when Sydney stuck his out - it was very brief and he paused before taking it. I think he either feels he is guilty or he does not want to be the appointed defense on this any longer as they are not paid as much as he could be making on private cases. What is left to try Tammy on now? It sounded like all the evidence was against Sydney?

I am really not in agreement, I think the Judge was a major problem - he clearly showed he is from the Good Ol' Boys Club. Does he have to be elected?

I wasn't a fan of the Solicitor who had the lead in this case - but based on her being able to get a 10-2 towards GUILTY - with the way the judge cut off her closing arguments and other things......I gotta giver her a little more credit then I did at the beginning of all of this.

Thank you for saying this - Yes, Yes, Yes

I've watched every video possible of the final in the court room today - and searched for a photo of this - even had someone send me a link (didn't find it there either - just someone referencing it)....
I think it was yesterday. IIRC the jurors had just been sent back to deliberate when the judge walked to the defendent table and shook hands

Post #62 from this thread has the pic of the judge shaking hands with SM.
Press Dr. Know?'s attachment to view pic.

I've watched every video possible of the final in the court room today - and searched for a photo of this - even had someone send me a link (didn't find it there either - just someone referencing it)....

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#MoorerTrial - I have NEVER seen a judge shake the hand of a defendant once the jury went back to deliberate. WTH?!!

View attachment 97152

Wow...thud. Just walked in the door from work and saw the news. I thought about it all day- but was really confident it would be a guilty and thought I would come home and watch all I had missed....so I didn't even check my phone all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DH got interested in this case Monday evening, we started watching videos of the trial on the tv from youtube.
Not once did I see the Solicitor show a pic of HE. It is my opinion that a huge picture of HE should have been on display in
the courtroom during the states closing argument. Since she is unable to be there, she needs to be humanized and she wasn't.

At this moment while we are watching the closing arguments, I brought up a big pic of Heather on my laptop, enlarged it to fit the screen and
placed my laptop where she is seen while watching the closing arguments on tv.
This is the only way I know of to honor her right now, this beautiful young woman taken forever. I pray you are found love and brought home so your family
can have a place to visit you and possibly go on with their lives.
Heather, you are loved and will always be loved and never forgotten. :candle: :rose: :candle:

I cannot wait to forget SM/TM.

Great point! I made my LW watch Bri's testimony. Probably the best that Nancy performed throughout the trial. She played well on emotion given the circumstance, talked with a soft voice and was to the point.

But, I totally agree. There should have been a 48"x72" portrait of Heather on that easel the whole time Nancy had the floor!

It was in yesterdays videos. If you look on youtube it is in the video labeled Sidney Moorer Trial - Jury Instructions 6/23/16. It is at approximately 27.12.

Great point! I made my LW watch Bri's testimony. Probably the best that Nancy performed throughout the trial. She played well on emotion given the circumstance, talked with a soft voice and was to the point.

But, I totally agree. There should have been a 48"x72" portrait of Heather on that easel the whole time Nancy had the floor!
I wonder if the final presentation she wanted to give included this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know this is hell for the Elvis family, may the Lord God bless them and give them strength.

BUT it also has to be torture for a narcissist like TM to have another 2 trials where she has to hear how her husband pursued a much younger and more beautiful woman - buying her gifts, etc. I know this is hell for her too and I find some small degree of justice in that. It's not going away, Heather is not going away. You murdered her but her spirit will haunt your miserable lives until you confess and disclose the location of her remains. That's the only way this will ever end for you.

UGH! It just irks me how the judge was so quick to shut down Nancy's closing statements and told her to "wrap it up!".

She was going to show a presentation to the jury for her final closing statement, but the judge voraciously said, "NO!"

I'm pretty sure she was going to show a graphical timeline, summarizing all the events the State presented in their case.

Could this have helped to persuade the jury? Guess we'll never know. Thanks judge!

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. What will happen if TM is convicted while SM is running loose?

Do we know if the 2 hold outs were the women? I don't know how he does it but SM seems to have a knack for getting sympathy from some women. Even around here, there are some that feel TM made him do it.

That was my fantasy in the beginning also - then I watched the trial....

Does anyone know, did the Elvis' family know about Longbeard's before trial? Do we know yet why searches were not made in that area or a follow up of the dumpsters? Because everyone assumed she was last alive at PTL and in MOO based on the testimony and evidence, that may not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member