MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - KT doesn't really have anything else to hang onto, other than casting doubt on the man's credentials. Fredericks to me appears very polished and assured in his profession. IMO he is very believable.

I'm sure Fredericks is very used to this type of attempted discrediting, as most expert witnesses would have to be.

I think it was the first witness today that worked at the dealership where SM bought the truck, that said there were with those lights, also.

I really don't understand why KT is spending all this time trying to make it look like the witness is not an expert. He's already been accepted as an expert.

Absolutely.

The jurors need to always remember they do not have to throw out their common sense or their own logic when listening to certain people like the DT attorney right now. :)

Common sense and your own knowledge of things does not get thrown out the window

WMBF News

Fredericks testified he couldn't do a headlight spread pattern test on the known vehicle because the headlights had been changed.

Fredericks clarifying a statement after KT twists his words... KT: "Right, that's what I meant. That's what I'm getting to. I honestly have no idea what I'm evening saying at this point."

Yes KT is really struggling with the cross. It is obvious. He ought to just sit down already. He is no match for the expert. Fredericks not one time flinches or hesitates. He's very self assured. He doesn't some off as arrogant. He comes off as a professional with integrity.

So now we are parsing the meaning of peer review. lol

Again with trying to pound the expert for not publishing any peer journals. I'm still waiting to see the one that KT has published? He must not be a good attorney if we go by his logic in this.

Good grief. He has not a SINGLE time attempted to refute any of the evidence from the testing. He's simply trying to confuse a jury and impeach the witness.

KT is one of the worst defense attorneys I've ever seen.

ETA: Which is a good thing in this case, LOL.

Because he has nothing at this point. It's also getting old listening to KT try to twist his questions around to the point that even he isn't understanding what he's trying to ask.

Right.

As much as I like the prosecuter in the Jodi Arias trial he did have a way for asking a question in such a complex way it would burn the person if they were not careful. I would much prefer a clear approach. You either have something to argue against or you don't.

There should be none of this "gotcha" type stuff just because of the question being so confusing it burns the person.
How many times have we seen an attorney get someone with a "gotcha" and as the person is trying to add more to clarify what they are answering the attorney quickly says "No More Questions" and doesn't give the witness a chance.

I don't like those tactics at all and I think most jurors would agree that it backfires on the attorney because they end up seeing what they are trying to do.

WMBF News

The witness said a peer review of his report was emailed prior to the April pretrial hearing at which it was deemed Fredericks could testify.

Fredericks said the peer agreed with the methodology and conclusions in his report.

I can't wait to see how the state cross-examines, surely it's going to be better than KT's.

You can say that again. KT has been very RUDE to a lot of witnesses. I hope the jurors are starting to get mad at him

witnesses and solicitor. It bothers me when he refers to Nancy Livesay as "her" or "she" instead of by name.

Seriously, if I was the defense attorney, I'd end this now. "No further questions." Thank goodness the EXPERT WITNESS is able to take control of the situation to reiterate what he did and what he found using his research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff