Misty C. #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whisperer - the ploygrapher can tell if the subject is drugged and even Xanax won't help. A base line can still be established - even if the person took Xanax or any other kind of drug. The polygraphers don't want to run the tests on drugged subjects because they want the subject to have the privilege of a clear head and no excuse later that they were drugged when they took the test.

Dots, this is also how I understand the poly to work. While Xanax might dampen some internal reactions to stress and fear, a lie and reaction to the lie won't be undetectable to the poly. Worst case scenario is a severly drugged subject would render the test results inconclusive but would not render the test results as a passed truthful answer.

Snipped by me from same article linked below.

Investigation Focusing on Misty Croslin Cummings Timeline

Created: 3/13/2009 5:44:59 PM Updated: 3/13/2009 9:19:49 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- After Ronald Cummings and his new wife, Misty Croslin Cummings, appeared on The Today Show Friday morning, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office commented on what was said.

For the first time, investigators mentioned their concerns about inconsistencies with Misty Cummings' story about what happened the night 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared.

Captain Dick Schauland confirmed Friday morning that investigators do have concerns about the timeline Misty has provided.

Schauland told First Coast News, "What happened during that eight-hour time period from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. when she found the child missing and what occurred during that time is what [investigators] are trying to straighten out."

On The Today Show interview, Misty agreed there were inconsistencies but could not explain why.

-----
[When asked if Misty Cummings was a suspect, Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out. Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&provider=top

Misty Croslin was the Last Person to See Haleigh Cummings

March 15, 2009 by Patricia Sheasley Sicilia

Haleigh Cummings disappeared on February 10th while her father Ronald Cummings was at work, and while being cared for by his live-in girlfriend, Misty Croslin. According to Croslin, she put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m., covered her up around 10 p.m., and discovered her missing shortly before Cummings returned from work around 3 a.m. Authorities are pursuing several theories for her abduction, including being kidnapped by a child predator, someone with a vendetta against the father, or abduction by a friend or a relative. They are also investigating whether Haleigh may have accidentally died of injuries suffered in the home and the kidnapping story is a cover up.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1566818/haleigh_cummings_father_weds_17year.html?cat=9

There is no one to say that they would be beyond taking xanax or something else like it before they tested either.

It is known that the poly is not accurate when drugs are involved, mainly tranquilizers.

LE knows this and that is the reason for not clearing them. If RC was at work 11 hours and passed a poly and they had no reason to think he took any prescribed drugs before the test, he would be cleared.

It is likely they suspect something stinks in Denmark and iit ain't the cheese!

Why are you so adament about Misty and Ron being guilty? You ask for reasons and when we give them to you, you will pull any excuse about the bag to explain it. And believe me, the cheese has already molded. IMO .

Mom, I can tell you "why" there is still an undercurrent of disbelief of Ron and Misty. I don't want them to be guilty. But, the facts just don't add up, they are not logical and some of the explanations although opinions only cannot be so. Its just a fact that there has to be MORE to their story. Put yourself in the same situation and consider how you would react, although none of us really can, we have an idea. I lost a dog once, and I went for a mile to each house in the neighborhood searching for that dog. yes, I found him but my point is that nothing would stop me from doing everything, talking to anyone I could to find him. I find Ron and Misty's answers and behaviors very suspect.
It just raises the hackles on your back, there is something you want to put your finger on but its hard to zero in on.The attitudes, the appearances, the wedding, the tattoos, the acceptance and resumption of their life.

First Coast News, April 2, 2009
Hardy also said 17-year-old Misty Croslin Cummings is still the key to the investigation because she was the last person who saw Haleigh on February 9.

Misty was Haleigh's father's girlfriend. They got married about a month after Haleigh disappeared.

Misty has told reporters she was at home the entire night and put Haleigh and Haleigh's little brother to bed in their Satsuma home. She said she went to bed as well in the same room, woke up around 3 a.m. and noticed Haleigh was gone.

Hardy said there are still inconsistencies in Misty's story about that night.

He said, "We've spent over 30 hours interviewing Misty and we've had some of the brightest law enforcement minds in the world interview her, and we can't seem to bridge that gap."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/faith/news-article.aspx?storyid=135174&catid=295

An older article, but just as relevant today, if not more. It is statements such as this that have formed my opinion toward Misty - not by gut feelings, not by assessing and judging televised displays of tears and self proclamations of motherly love and deeming them to appear genuine and sincere (or not) - If, after 30 hours of interviewing + the hours spent interviewing Misty since this statement was made - now almost 4 months ago without bridging the gap, it's evident that her account of that night (Mon, feb 9) into the early morning (Tues, feb 10) is untruthful. ONLY LIES = GAPS

MOO

Hey thanks, I was looking for that!

According to authorities, something does not add up when it comes to the timeline Misty Cummings is giving them regarding the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.
First Coast News reports that for the first time investigators are making it publicly known they are concerned about the inconsistencies in Misty’s story.

http://http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m3d15-Investigation-into-Haleighs-disappearance-focusing-on-Mistys-timeline

Did Misty say if the tv was on when she woke up ? Anyone remember ?

This is the interview with AS's (Ron's Gma, Haleigh's GGma) where she takes the reporter inside of the MH - she states that she could see how someone could have broken in without being heard because the tv was on and added that it's left on most of the time . . .

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=HALEIGHFAMILYHOME_030720090101&cat=Local&title=Inside Haleigh’s Home

MOO

This is the interview with AS's (Ron's Gma, Haleigh's GGma) where she takes the reporter inside of the MH - she states that she could see how someone could have broken in without being heard because the tv was on and added that it's left on most of the time . . .

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=HALEIGHFAMILYHOME_030720090101&cat=Local&title=Inside Haleigh’s Home

MOO

Thanks, nomoresorrow. I thought I remembered Misty's mother or SIL saying that Misty had to have dark in order to sleep, while Ron and TN said that Haleigh was afraid of the dark. Someone, and I can't remember who - maybe a poster - said, that the tv being on would be a compromise. I'm going to look tomorrow and see if Misty ever mentions whether the tv is on.

If it was on and the bedroom door was open, then the light from the tv would be seen from the kitchen, I think.. If that's the case and the moonlight was streaming through the sky lights, why would someone turn on the kitchen light ?

If it wasn't on, what was different about this one night ? Why wasn't it on. The sticky wicket is, ofcourse, "left on most of the time."

I always assumed that the kitchen light was on because whoever came into the home that night was looking for something in the kitchen.

Am I the only one who keeps a light on in the kitchen at night?

I always assumed that the kitchen light was on because whoever came into the home that night was looking for something in the kitchen.

LOL - nope, we keep one on too.

What do you think someone was looking for in the kitchen ?

LOL - nope, we keep one on too.

What do you think someone was looking for in the kitchen ?
---------------
Don't really know what someone was looking for in the kitchen but with all the cabinets doors being slammed in the background during the 911 call, Ron must have been looking for the same thing. :crazy:

It is just horrible that there haven't been any arrests made or progress in finding Haleigh in this case..

IDK Dot...ya think others knew that RC and Misty kept something in the kitchen?

BTW - we also left lights on when the children were younger. If DH is out of town..the under-cabinet lights stay on all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member