Misty C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it has nothing to do with Haleigh there seems to be no reason not to come clean and let them move on to look for the real perp. What could be more important than a missing child?

I don't know if she is hiding something re Haleigh or not...but the fact is, it is what it is and LE have to keep investigating and keep asking people to look for Haleigh. They can't expect one person to give them all the pieces to the puzzle...they have to investigate!

I, personally, don't see them as criticizing MC. I see investigators frustrated because she won't speak to them and when she does, she doesn't give a straight story. IMO, they are trying another avenue of putting pressure on her in order to get her to help in the investigation. LE asking for anyone with knowledge of her activities that evening, they obviously don't believe she was simply home sleeping and didn't know anything.

Saying LE isn't doing their job properly would be like saying OCSO didn't investigate properly in the beginning of kc Anthony's case. It's got to be pretty darn difficult to investigate a crime when all you get are lies, contradictions and refusal to cooperate.

I don't see how you can compare the 2 cases...I didn't see OCSO go on tv and blame the fact that Casey was lying for not being able to solve the case...quite the opposite. They gave regular pressers, got Caylee's pic out there frequently and asked for the public's help, conducted numerous searches, interviews, and Casey was charged with murder within months.

(This isn't directed at you but to the universe in general.) I quit school after the 7th grade and went to work (none of that was legal but we needed food and shelter). I got a GED later and have spent way too much time in grad school since.

My point is, you can have only a 7th grade education and not be an idiot. I could read, write, spell, think quite clearly and critically, make decisions, be trusted to manage money, and run a household that had no sane parent to run it.

Consequently, it is not a valid excuse for MC's behavior and I wish TN had not used it as such. She is not 13 years old anymore, she's a woman and should comport herself as such.

ITA. It's not like "Telling the truth to LE" is a subject taught in tenth grade anyway. You don't have to have a university education to give a witness statement. You don't have to use any big words to do so, you have to remember what you did or observed and relate your experience to the investigators as truthfully as possible (allowing for lapses of memory and bias due to attitudinal factors because we're all human).

Anyway, she was considered mature and competent enough to take care of children full time and to get married while under age, and TN approved of her doing those things based on her interview comments, so it would appear that Misty's lack of education does not make her too stupid or irresponsible for important things in TN's estimation either.

(This isn't directed at you but to the universe in general.) I quit school after the 7th grade and went to work (none of that was legal but we needed food and shelter). I got a GED later and have spent way too much time in grad school since.

My point is, you can have only a 7th grade education and not be an idiot. I could read, write, spell, think quite clearly and critically, make decisions, be trusted to manage money, and run a household that had no sane parent to run it.

Consequently, it is not a valid excuse for MC's behavior and I wish TN had not used it as such. She is not 13 years old anymore, she's a woman and should comport herself as such.

You and many other woman Gracenote. Agree a million and one times over. I hate it when TN refers to Misty and her lack of education. She seems like a very bright girl.......when she wants to be thought of as a very bright girl. JMO

Isn't it about time for the hearing for the restraining order MC took out on her brother?

I don't know if she is hiding something re Haleigh or not...but the fact is, it is what it is and LE have to keep investigating and keep asking people to look for Haleigh. They can't expect one person to give them all the pieces to the puzzle...they have to investigate!

ITA. If Misty is determined to hide something she isn't going to confess all simply because LE says she should. But hopefully that's what they're doing, investigating.

What do you think they should investigate and do you know if they're doing it?

ITA. If Misty is determined to hide something she isn't going to confess all simply because LE says she should. But hopefully that's what they're doing, investigating.

What do you think they should investigate and do you know if they're doing it?

I have no idea what they are doing! But I feel it's not enough!

I think if they aren't certain that Misty is responsible for what happened to Haleigh, they should be vigorously investigating all other possible suspects. I think IF they haven't eliminated Chad or anyone in his family, they ought be re-examining them. If they haven't eliminated all the people in Misty's family, they ought try to talk more to them, and I think if they only had quick short chats with the local RSOs, they should go back and talk to them again. See if anyone gets nervous etc. I also think they should be doing more pressers, getting her pic out there, asking people to search their properties (instead of leading people to believe Misty necessarily has all the answers). I think they should be using listening devices, surveillance, telephone intercepts etc to find out what is going on...if any of them (family members either side or Nay Nay or Amber) are involved, imo, they should have more on someone by now. It just seems to me they are shrugging their shoulders and using Misty as an excuse.

And BTW, it was great that we agreed on something!!

Isn't it about time for the hearing for the restraining order MC took out on her brother?

I just checked...it is listed for tomorrow morning (the 19th).

ETA...I wish there was a live webcast of it! I suspect the cross examination of Tommy could be quite interesting. Will the police run the application on Misty's behalf or will she need a private lawyer (if she uses a lawyer)?

I don't see how you can compare the 2 cases...I didn't see OCSO go on tv and blame the fact that Casey was lying for not being able to solve the case...quite the opposite. They gave regular pressers, got Caylee's pic out there frequently and asked for the public's help, conducted numerous searches, interviews, and Casey was charged with murder within months.

The only comparison I am making is that it makes it extremely hard for LE to solve a case when the last person to see the child is lying, making contradicting statements and refusing to cooperate. LE then has to try and read between the lines and figure out which information is actually true. IF a parent is innocent of any wrong doing, there shouldn't be lies and contradictions.

Also, I'm sure if we went back and looked, we'd see some media interviews with LE stating kc wasn't truthful and that her "mistruths" were making it very difficult to find out what happened. And I also don't remember OCSO having regular pressers -- only the A family's pressers which usually were a total joke.

I'm sure LE in Haleighs case has conducted numerous searches and interviews and if they had any shred of evidence to arrest someone, I'm sure they would. It's not LE's fault that whoever did this was able to leave little or no evidence.

I have no idea what they are doing! But I feel it's not enough!

I think if they aren't certain that Misty is responsible for what happened to Haleigh, they should be vigorously investigating all other possible suspects. I think IF they haven't eliminated Chad or anyone in his family, they ought be re-examining them. If they haven't eliminated all the people in Misty's family, they ought try to talk more to them, and I think if they only had quick short chats with the local RSOs, they should go back and talk to them again. See if anyone gets nervous etc. I also think they should be doing more pressers, getting her pic out there, asking people to search their properties (instead of leading people to believe Misty necessarily has all the answers). I think they should be using listening devices, surveillance, telephone intercepts etc to find out what is going on...if any of them (family members either side or Nay Nay or Amber) are involved, imo, they should have more on someone by now. It just seems to me they are shrugging their shoulders and using Misty as an excuse.

And BTW, it was great that we agreed on something!!

I don't want to start an argument here and, you may be correct that LE isn't doing enough. BUT we have no idea what they are and are not doing. It bothers me when people state that LE is doing nothing as if they know it to be a fact. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Instead of blaming LE for not having this solved yet, I'll blame those directly involved who lie, have inconsistent stories and refuse to cooperate.

I think the problem is we'd all have liked to see LE solve the case, find Haleigh and have the perp(s) rot in jail months ago, and as it's not happened yet and there has been little progress to be seen in the news it's easy to feel frustrated that nothing is happening and scared that it will be a cold case. I want to believe there is progress behind the scenes and LE is just a hairbreadth away from an arrest but I'm not always so sure...

I don't want to start an argument here and, you may be correct that LE isn't doing enough. BUT we have no idea what they are and are not doing. It bothers me when people state that LE is doing nothing as if they know it to be a fact. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Instead of blaming LE for not having this solved yet, I'll blame those directly involved who lie, have inconsistent stories and refuse to cooperate.

I never stated it for a fact, not even close. Please don't twist my words.

I wish I felt differently, but I feel like LE dropped the ball has no clue what happened to Haleigh. I also feel like the public statement was made yesterday simply because the Cummings family is no longer just sitting back, they have taken some steps that put a bit of pressure on LE IMO. Hopefully forward progress will continue to be made. IMO

The only comparison I am making is that it makes it extremely hard for LE to solve a case when the last person to see the child is lying, making contradicting statements and refusing to cooperate. LE then has to try and read between the lines and figure out which information is actually true. IF a parent is innocent of any wrong doing, there shouldn't be lies and contradictions.

Also, I'm sure if we went back and looked, we'd see some media interviews with LE stating kc wasn't truthful and that her "mistruths" were making it very difficult to find out what happened. And I also don't remember OCSO having regular pressers -- only the A family's pressers which usually were a total joke.

I'm sure LE in Haleighs case has conducted numerous searches and interviews and if they had any shred of evidence to arrest someone, I'm sure they would. It's not LE's fault that whoever did this was able to leave little or no evidence.

You might want to review the Caylee threads...OCSO gave regular pressers, and took questions as well.

Excellent post and I totally agree! It truly aggravates me to no end when people blame LE for not doing enough. In my very humble opinion, I believe that those who are disappointed in the work of LE are those that believe Ron and Misty are innocent in any wrong doing in this case.

Since this is Misty's thread, I will take it a step further and say that it is very clear to me that Misty is the one who is holding up this investigation. I am so glad LE has FINALLY begun to put the pressure on her, where it belongs. Yaaay, LE!

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

Looks like NG is going to be talking about Haleigh's case

I don't know if it's just me, but I find some of Misty's statements in the media interviews, plus the 911 call (for that matter), odd. She has referred to " THEY
-911 call "the blanket in the van that they ........
-an interview " I just wish THEY would have taken me instead

I really would like to know WHO THEY are? JMO

JMO

Tomorrow morning at 9:30, IIRC. However, if Misty is the minor on the Ratgate LE Report, she violated the TRO, so I'm not thinking she'd have grounds to pursue a longer RO.

ETA: This is an interesting dilemma, IMO, for several reasons. If Misty goes ahead and seeks the RO, will he judge ask her about Ratgate ? If so and she and Ron are guilty of placing the decapitated rat in the mailbox, will she admit it ? If she does, will she be arrested on the spot ? If she's guilty and doesn't admit it, will that be contempt of court ?

You're right, but you didn't stop permanently at a in 7th grade, then. You had the gumption & smarts to continue on when you could, and expanded on your learning. Misty may have native intelligence but hasn't reached her potential because she hasn't educated herself, either in or out of school. It is very hard to make head or tail out of her statements because she communicates so poorly.

Excellent post and I totally agree! It truly aggravates me to no end when people blame LE for not doing enough. In my very humble opinion, I believe that those who are disappointed in the work of LE are those that believe Ron and Misty are innocent in any wrong doing in this case.
Since this is Misty's thread, I will take it a step further and say that it is very clear to me that Misty is the one who is holding up this investigation. I am so glad LE has FINALLY begun to put the pressure on her, where it belongs. Yaaay, LE!

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

Above BBM

You would be incorrect because I am disappointed in LE, and while I believe Ron to be innocent of any wrong doing in HaLeigh's disappearance, I am not so sure about Misty. Still not sure what to think about her, but I could see her being involved on some level. If they have evidence that leads them to believe she knows more than she's telling, and she is holding up this investigation, than I'd say it's about time they put the pressure on her!!

I hope you are right and they know exactly what they are doing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member