Misty C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
we can see that it got extended. I wonder.....were the two of them in the courtroom together today? Did he go in and refute the need for the restraining order. Would a judge grant a restraining order if the defendant wasn't there? JW TIA

Well, I don't work with FL law so I can only tell you how it works where I live.

The two people would be in the courtroom together. Each person would tell their side of the issue - Misty first because she filed for the protection order.

If Tommy, being the Defendant did not show up in Court, the TRO would automatically be granted to a permanent restraining order (which are good for one year) if the Defendant did not show up in Court.

My thinking, and this is only my opinion based on my knowledge of the law where I live, is that Tommy DID show up for Court to contest the TRO. Misty was not granted a permanent order (yet). The TRO was extended until the next hearing on September 9th.

It's possible the judge is waiting to see what happens with the SA's office regarding the investigation into the incident at Tommy's house (with the rat in the mailbox). If no charges are brought from the state, Misty will probably get her permanent restraining order, IMO.

Is the RO reciprocal? I mean, does it also mean that Misty must stay away from Tommy's mail box from now on?

If it is like the ones here it will be. IMO, the extension is very interesting - September 9th -3 weeks away. I wonder why the judge didn't rule on the TO, itself ? Waiting for the information from the SA about Ratgate ?

ETA: Sorry, Atherella. I didn't see your post, before I replied to Donjeta.

Neves' attorney, Mark NeJame, said on the show that Croslin-Cummings' story during a five-hour gap between 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. is in question.

"There are certain areas that still remain with a large question mark hovering over them. I think that's the focus of their investigation. We've been brought on to assist with that by bring renewed attention to the situation, because there are unanswered questions."

Nejame added, "The police are quite appropriate in following through and trying to piece together this puzzle. What happened during that five hours, and where is Haleigh?"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/19/earlyshow/main5251508.shtml

If that is truly the "gap" that LE is waiting on to clear up, then I don't know what to say. SHe was asleep during that time. It makes no sense to me.

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," the news release stated. "She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance."

http://www.wesh.com/news/20422695/detail.html

"Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case," the news release stated. "She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance."

http://www.wesh.com/news/20422695/detail.html
Doesn't this indicate they cleared up things before the 10:00pm timeline then? Before they were saying 7:00pm and now they say "late evening and early morning". To me...late evening is long past 7:00-8:00pm.

Of course I would be. But if I was innocent I would believe with all my heart that the truth would come out. I wouldn't make myself look more guilty by not talking to LE. She has a lawyer why not go in there and talk with representation? And as far as the prints go....I see where people are talking about prints and black powder all the time. I must have missed it. Was there black powder from printing the trailer all over some pictures somewhere? I had my house fingerprinted before. That stuff is very difficult to remove with one cleaning and I never saw any black powder anywhere.

elle, fingerprint powder was definitely on the light switches. I remember being surprised that not only had it not been cleaned up, but that Ron made a point of showing it during the walkthrough.

I think it's probable that other surfaces were fingerprinted and then cleaned, for example the back door, the dvd player. IMO, it would be odd for LE to only dust two things and I also remember TN when asked if LE had made a mess, replying "They did their job." I looked for fingerprint powder on other surfaces after noting them on the switches and didn't see any. I don't know what leaving the fingerprint powder on the light switches, and then pointing it out on national tv, means, if anything. But it certainly did catch my attention. MVHO

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/29593696#29593696 1:09 minutes

It’s sort of difficult to understand what LE is saying when they say she is inconsistent with her time line, but still say she is not a suspect. It sort of tells me she passed her Lie Detector Test at least with the tough questions, such as “Did you have anything to do with HaLeigh’s disappearance?”, “Do you know where HaLeigh is?” and “Do you know who took HaLeigh?” ect... This is pure speculation of course. Now the inconstancies with the time line during the late evening to early morning. What I can’t figure out is if LE has confronted her with the evidence and she can’t explain it or wants her to tell them about the evidence first and she doesn’t mention any of it. Then what could be the evidence. I thought about maybe timestamps in EPROM’s or other microchips that are in electronic items that may or may not hold information for diagnostic purposes such as when something is turned on or off or changed. Items that I would just guess that might do that would be the Thermostat, Microwave, TV, DVD players, and especially the Cable or Satellite box and possibly many others. In other words maybe they know somebody was changing TV channels or cooked something in the microwave in this time frame. Then there is the cell phone that could leave traces. But all of that still don’t show Misty did it especially if she is asleep. I guess with the shirt showing back up in the laundry makes me think that some time was spent inside, maybe even a lot of time spent searching around. Possibly someone (if Misty woke up) that would not get in much trouble other than being told to leave. It could have been someone who was leaving town anyway. JMO

It’s sort of difficult to understand what LE is saying when they say she is inconsistent with her time line, but still say she is not a suspect. It sort of tells me she passed her Lie Detector Test at least with the tough questions, such as “Did you have anything to do with HaLeigh’s disappearance?”, “Do you know where HaLeigh is?” and “Do you know who took HaLeigh?” ect... This is pure speculation of course. Now the inconstancies with the time line during the late evening to early morning. What I can’t figure out is if LE has confronted her with the evidence and she can’t explain it or wants her to tell them about the evidence first and she doesn’t mention any of it. Then what could be the evidence. I thought about maybe timestamps in EPROM’s or other microchips that are in electronic items that may or may not hold information for diagnostic purposes such as when something is turned on or off or changed. Items that I would just guess that might do that would be the Thermostat, Microwave, TV, DVD players, and especially the Cable or Satellite box and possibly many others. In other words maybe they know somebody was changing TV channels or cooked something in the microwave in this time frame. Then there is the cell phone that could leave traces. But all of that still don’t show Misty did it especially if she is asleep. I guess with the shirt showing back up in the laundry makes me think that some time was spent inside, maybe even a lot of time spent searching around. Possibly someone (if Misty woke up) that would not get in much trouble other than being told to leave. It could have been someone who was leaving town anyway. JMO

(bold, underline mine) ...or in too much trouble if Misty should happen to come back, from wherever she might have decided to "harmlessly" liven up a few of those dull "babysitting" hours while the sleeping kids "would never know the difference..." :confused: JMO

:parrot:

you know a couple of years ago i was working double shifts, and one week me and my husband shifts collided and i was up over 24 hrs, it was around 6pm i sat down on the couch and i must of dozed off, i woke up to the front door wide home and my son outside playing, he was 5 at the time.

thank god nothing happened he did not disappear

but, what would of happened to me if he did

If misty was asleep I just dont know how she is ever going to say what happened
I would not been able to answer what time he disappeared, what time he went outside
and the door would of not been damaged and i would of been guilty for sleeping just like some think misty is jmo

If there was I never saw it. I would really love to see it. All I saw was a neat and tidy home no black powder residue at all. If someone went in and cleaned up the trailer fine, but I don't remember anything about a dramatic effect it had. I didn't find it dramatic at all.

I clearly recall Ron Cummings pointing to the black powder on the kitchen light switch when he gave a tour of his MH.

Hopefully her lawyer can help her overcome her fears of talking to LE.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/08/19/news/news01.txt

Of course he might be advising his client to shut up for ever more but at least he looks willing to get her together with LE.

Good luck to Misty's new attorney. It will be interesting down the road to see how he fares with her. This report states Misty put the children to bed before tucking herself in at 10 pm yet there are reports on this site where Misty states she was very tired Monday evening and she passed out in her bed. Misty also admits to seeing Ronnie Jr up and walking out of the room while she was passed out. A neighbor, (woman) who lives close to the MH, witnessed hearing a woman yelling at the trailor around 2:30 am. which contradicts Misty's statement that she woke up at 3 am. Needless to say, this particular statement by the neighbor does not reveal what the woman at the MH was yelling.

Doesn't this indicate they cleared up things before the 10:00pm timeline then? Before they were saying 7:00pm and now they say "late evening and early morning". To me...late evening is long past 7:00-8:00pm.

You need to remember that the "new" timeline is coming from a defense attorney who is representing the family. LE's timeline is quite different. I will continue to go by LE's timeline, not an attorney's timeline. The front today is that he is representing the PR for the "family" as requested by TN. You need to take that just the way it is presented. There is no change in the timeline in the investigation by LE and IMO, that is all that counts. Nejame is earning his keep, if not in monetary means, then as a defense attorney (probably to become a defense attorney, in real time) , but as a defense attorney representing the PR of a very suspect family.

You need to remember that the "new" timeline is coming from a defense attorney who is representing the family. LE's timeline is quite different. I will continue to go by LE's timeline, not an attorney's timeline. The front today is that he is representing the PR for the "family" as requested by TN. You need to take that just the way it is presented. There is no change in the timeline in the investigation by LE and IMO, that is all that counts. Nejame is earning his keep, if not in monetary means, then as a defense attorney (probably to become a defense attorney, in real time) , but as a defense attorney representing the PR of a very suspect family.
It came directly from Lt. Greenwood in the press release so it isn't coming from MN. This article also has Greenwood indicating that Ronald and Crystal are perhaps cleared, imo. Again...the hours of 7:00-8:00pm are not late evening or early morning as stated by LE, imo. I would say this gives a DEFINITE new timeline from LE and MN is simply restating what information he knows., imo.:

Greenwood said the missing girl's biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects in the case, but Cummings' current wife, Misty Croslin-Cummings, has not been cleared.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20422695/detail.html BBM

I wouldn't get hung up on the hours MN stated. The crime could have happened earlier. LE is looking into where Misty was late at night or early morning. That does not necessarily correlate with time of event.

LE never used the word "cleared"...NG did.

They said Crystal and Ron were not "considered to be suspects".

We all have to be careful with words of attorneys and words of LE...they are two different species and they are both clever with words.

Good luck to Misty's new attorney. It will be interesting down the road to see how he fares with her. This report states Misty put the children to bed before tucking herself in at 10 pm yet there are reports on this site where Misty states she was very tired Monday evening and she passed out in her bed. Misty also admits to seeing Ronnie Jr up and walking out of the room while she was passed out. A neighbor, (woman) who lives close to the MH, witnessed hearing a woman yelling at the trailor around 2:30 am. which contradicts Misty's statement that she woke up at 3 am. Needless to say, this particular statement by the neighbor does not reveal what the woman at the MH was yelling.

How can one that is passed out see someone leaving the room? Isn't the woman hearing the screaming a rumor at this point? I've never seen any official confirmation that that really happened.

Again...this is not coming out of any attorney's mouth (including NG). It is taken straight from the horse's mouth (Lt. Greenwood).:

Greenwood said the missing girl's biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects in the case, but Cummings' current wife, Misty Croslin-Cummings, has not been cleared.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20422695/detail.html BBM

Basically, this is saying Ronald and Crystal ARE cleared, BUT Misty has not been cleared, IMO.

I slept through my neighbor's house burning down and a bunch of emergency vehicles with light and sirens outside of my window. Once I'm in that deep sleep, I am dead to the world.
i was camping with some friends when i was a teenager and we had been partying .. and i was a little tipsy when i finally went to bed well those dumbasses lit off an m-80 aways from my tent and that didnt wake me at all but the hole in the ground amazed me rofl ..

Late evening depends on when you wake up. Growing up, that was right before bedtime for school. It can mean both, depending on how you are raised, I would think. Did I misunderstand...

you know thinking on all this .. i think misty knows what happened but she wasnt part of it .. it happened while she was gone or passed out ..woke up found haleigh dead or passed out called for help got rid of the baby .or one of her friends hurt the baby and now threatens her life or rons if she tells .. ah who knows my brain hurts .

i was camping with some friends when i was a teenager and we had been partying .. and i was a little tipsy when i finally went to bed well those dumbasses lit off an m-80 aways from my tent and that didnt wake me at all but the hole in the ground amazed me rofl ..

I remember M80s,LOL, I am surprised any of us survived July 4th growing up, they are small bombs. Sure could blow a hunk out of a tree. :crazy:

you know a couple of years ago i was working double shifts, and one week me and my husband shifts collided and i was up over 24 hrs, it was around 6pm i sat down on the couch and i must of dozed off, i woke up to the front door wide home and my son outside playing, he was 5 at the time.

thank god nothing happened he did not disappear

but, what would of happened to me if he did

If misty was asleep I just dont know how she is ever going to say what happened
I would not been able to answer what time he disappeared, what time he went outside
and the door would of not been damaged and i would of been guilty for sleeping just like some think misty is jmo

Except, by reading this, I can tell it was something you didn't plan, and didn't expect to happen.

You fell asleep and your child was outside, door open. We have, in this case, nighttime, a child afraid of the dark, all parties agreeing she wouldn't go outside by herself in the dark, TWO people addressing the door being locked, ONE person insisting the lock was put in the house in such a way as to prevent "something like this from happening" a person inconsistent with her activities before she went to sleep and after she woke up.

Your story is believable because you didn't add conflicting details. Your story is believable because parents get exhausted and take naps and kids do what kids do.
Your story is believable, not because your child didn't disappear, but because you didn't excuse yourself from your own action of falling asleep and feeling guilty about what could have happened.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member