Misty Failed Polygraph Test

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't see it in the first article either. It's in the bottom one gainesville something news.

It's in post 193 above. photo of rose in bottom article. (Could be just a photo of a rose in woods from the paper? Or is this the actual rose?)

I am thinking that is the actual rose. Snipped from gainsville.com (source) "She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location," said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch, a private Texas firm that founder and director Tim Miller said was contacted by Croslin-Cummings to help clear her name.

"We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took them (Putnam County investigators) back there," Watts said. "I don't think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead."

What do you think about the story she told of the gun being stolen and she found it in a ditch? Why would someone steal a gun then throw it away? Was it used? Wish it could have been fingerprinted. Is her story even true?

What I want to know is, was LE informed about the stolen gun before Haleigh went missing? If not, why not? Why did Misty go looking for that gun herself instead of calling the cops to report a stolen gun and letting them look?

I haven't followed this case very closely, but regarding this LDT I think its open to interpretation. If MC really knows who took Haleigh then why was her answer to this specific question more accurate than inaccurate per the test?
Ie: why doesnt the result to' Do you know who took Haleigh?' show as much deception as the other questions?
Heres a possible interpretation FWIW:

Question: Did you intentionally withhold any information regarding Haleigh's disappearance?
Answer: No
Result: 99% deception (possibly cleared the house of drug paraphenalia prior to LE arrival and intentionally held back this info to protect herself and RC at the time of haleighs disappearance)

Question: Do you know what happened to Haleigh?
Result: 99% deception ( she has ideas as to what happened to Haleigh and offers up possible suspects, so she thinks she knows, but doesnt know for certain)
Question: Do you know where Haleigh is now?
Result: 95% Deception (again, she may have ideas or thoughts like many of us do as to haleighs wherabouts, but she doesnt know for certain)
Question: Do you know who took Haleigh?
Result: 42% deception

I wonder if any of us took the same test, what our results would be since some have developed theories as to what happened in this case. Would those results show that we know (think) what happened to this little girl, and if we answered no because we don't know for certain, if it would come up as a deceptive repsonse, just because we think we know?(lol....thats kinda hard to follow).:waitasec:
Basically what it comes down to is theres a pretty fine line between thinking and knowing something, and can a basic test like this really determine the difference?
Also, from the video it appears that there were no baseline questions done- they just jumped straight into questioning, and IIRC there where other people in the room at the time. This is very different to any other LDT I have seen before.(other than reality shows)
The sad thing about this case are there are just so many shady characters, and family alliances that make it so difficult to know who could be responsible.
JMO

I did not catch this before! So, now when she fails the test, maybe she did see people there? Why would she never have shared this tidbit of info with LE??? "I might have been dreaming, but I might have seen some people in my house that night" - is that really not important? Come on.
im beginning to wonder if she was trippin .. i am serious acid or something and saw what happened but thinks its a dream ? i dunno .. something weird is goin on she needs to have her hair sampled for drugs LOL

I haven't followed this case very closely, but regarding this LDT I think its open to interpretation. If MC really knows who took Haleigh then why was her answer to this specific question more accurate than inaccurate per the test?
Ie: why doesnt the result to' Do you know who took Haleigh?' show as much deception as the other questions?
Heres a possible interpretation FWIW:

Question: Did you intentionally withhold any information regarding Haleigh's disappearance?
Result: 99% deception (possibly cleared the house of drug paraphenalia prior to LE arrival and intentionally held back this info to protect herself and RC at the time of haleighs disappearance)

Question: Do you know what happened to Haleigh?
Result: 99% deception ( she has ideas as to what happened to Haleigh and offers up possible suspects, so she thinks she knows, but doesnt know for certain)
Question: Do you know where Haleigh is now?
Result: 95% Deception (again, she may have ideas or thoughts like many of us do as to haleighs wherabouts, but she doesnt know for certain)
Question: Do you know who took Haleigh?
Result: 42% deception

I wonder if any of us took the same test, what our results would be since some have developed theories as to what happened in this case. Would those results show that we know (think) what happened to this little girl, and if we answered no because we don't know for certain, if it would come up as a deceptive repsonse, just because we think we know?(lol....thats kinda hard to follow).:waitasec:
Basically what it comes down to is theres a pretty fine line between thinking and knowing something, and can a basic test like this really determine the difference?
Also, from the video it appears that there were no baseline questions done- they just jumped straight into questioning, and IIRC there where other people in the room at the time. This is very different to any other LDT I have seen before.(other than reality shows)
The sad thing about this case are there are just so many shady characters, and family alliances that make it so difficult to know who could be responsible.
JMO

A strong possibility remains that she does not know WHO took Hayliegh, or what exactly happened to Hailey simply because she was not there, and is lying to cover this up. Remember police have been asking if anyone saw her anyplace that night. They are trying to track her movements. Her bed was apparently not slept in (one of those little evidenciary discrepancies with her story or stories). I really think this is the direction LE is leaning in with all of this.

What would they arrest her for? What charge?
Making a false statement to the police?
You can't use the lie detector as evidence of that, and you can't physically prove she is lying because no one knows what actually happened.

You can't charge her with harming her, there is no proof of that.
You can't charge her with neglect, she notified the police supposedly in short order.

Their hands are pretty tied at the moment.
The fact that none of the family, especially Ron, is reacting to this news tells you that none of this is a revelation to the families.

The only part that surprises is me is that this far in she still thinks she can outsmart a polygraph.

The arrested KC for child neglect and child endangerment in addition to the lying. Seems to me the babysitter would have had to neglect Haleigh in order to lose her. In neglecting her, she endangered her.
I say arrest her. She'll crack in about 34hours IMO.

im beginning to wonder if she was trippin .. i am serious acid or something and saw what happened but thinks its a dream ? i dunno .. something weird is goin on she needs to have her hair sampled for drugs LOL

My impression is that drugs play a role in this somehow, but unlikely LSD/trip/acid since she would still have been completely out of it when LE arrived. Thats something you can't just snap out of, no matter how hard you try. Something shorter lasting is more likely. . Pot would not have that much of an impact imo, especially if she was a regular user.

Do we know what drugs she used on the 3 day bender?

It seems weird that if she went back to bed with RC after dropping haleigh off at school, until the afternoon, that she would be able to sleep again at 10pm-ish....unless she was coming down or still consuming downers.

RC says that when he arrived home at 3am-ish the beds were made- does he specify that he saw their bed made up after they both woke the afternoon before, when he was leaving for work? Or did she make the beds after he left?
The 'pee on the blanket' issue bothers me. Too much detail on that one point. Either its part of the story behind what happened that night, or maybe someone (RC) has told her she's a bad step-mom if she lets the kids sleep in stinky blankets, and thats why she puts so much focus on it.'(See I can do things right , and am capable even though I'm still a kid myself').

I can't remember, was the stolen gun event before or after Haleigh went missing?

Someone could
*hide a gun to avoid being threatened or shot by it
*hide a gun that was used in the commission of a crime (didn't do a very good job in this case)
*pretend a gun had been stolen in order to implicate someone else in a crime, then pretend to find it
*actually steal a gun then hide it close by for later use but leave town without retrieving it.

That's all I can think of.

Gracenote, What IF, R did get in a fight just as M. said?
Here's one of my theories,
R. discovers his gun missing while the cousin is visiting. He tries to take the gun away from the guy before he leaves their yard, while wrestling over the gun it goes off and shoots the child.
They panic and throw it in a ditch.

Link to Misty's Polygraph session video

http://www.wftv.com/video/20601690/index.html
Thanks Theonly1
What are they measuring. Voice? Heart rate, breathing??? I don't understand. She isn't hooked up to anything I can even see. She uses her hands at several times and nothing.

A few thoughts came to mind watching this. Before I can judge what percentage she's being deceitful in her answers to a few questions. What was her honesty/deceit score on the thousand of other questions she was asked. Where these the only questions she failed?
If she came to me and told me that story, making eye contact and crying actual liquid tears, I'd tend to believe her and do. :confused:

My impression is that drugs play a role in this somehow, but unlikely LSD/trip/acid since she would still have been completely out of it when LE arrived. Thats something you can't just snap out of, no matter how hard you try. Something shorter lasting is more likely. . Pot would not have that much of an impact imo, especially if she was a regular user.

Do we know what drugs she used on the 3 day bender?

It seems weird that if she went back to bed with RC after dropping haleigh off at school, until the afternoon, that she would be able to sleep again at 10pm-ish....unless she was coming down or still consuming downers.

RC says that when he arrived home at 3am-ish the beds were made- does he specify that he saw their bed made up after they both woke the afternoon before, when he was leaving for work? Or did she make the beds after he left?
The 'pee on the blanket' issue bothers me. Too much detail on that one point.
Either its part of the story behind what happened that night, or maybe someone (RC) has told her she's a bad step-mom if she lets the kids sleep in stinky blankets, and thats why she puts so much focus on it.'(See I can do things right , and am capable even though I'm still a kid myself').

butwhatif?, good points! I do think washing the blanket/sheet and the blanket in the van, has a meaning in this case.
I agree, sleeping til the afternoon with R, I can't see her getting sleepy til after midnight.

I have to somewhat disagree with the point about tripping on LSD.
I agree she would still have not been completely out of the trip when LE arrived. IMO, that would not mean she could not have talked to LE and anyone else. I witnessed several friends doing acid in the '70's, at music festivals, and they certainly were able to talk.

I suspect she was given the 'date rape' drug by someone visiting her that evening. That would be the reason she was in a fog and didn't wake up when Jr. got out of bed, if this story is true. I had thought Jr. got out of bed because he heard someone in the trailer or knocking on the door.
Of course now we hear the bed wasn't slept in, so that would make that story just a story.
One can only guess where the kids or M was that night.... sleeping in the van seems a possibility....my head is spinning with possibilities.

The arrested KC for child neglect and child endangerment in addition to the lying. Seems to me the babysitter would have had to neglect Haleigh in order to lose her. In neglecting her, she endangered her.
I say arrest her. She'll crack in about 34hours IMO.

People lose kids without be neglectful.
She does not meet the standard for child neglect or endangerment based on the facts we can see at this point.
Arresting her too soon can end up with all the evidence they have collected up until that point being thrown out or the charges being dropped.

Thanks Theonly1
What are they measuring. Voice? Heart rate, breathing??? I don't understand. She isn't hooked up to anything I can even see. She uses her hands at several times and nothing.

A few thoughts came to mind watching this. Before I can judge what percentage she's being deceitful in her answers to a few questions. What was her honesty/deceit score on the thousand of other questions she was asked. Where these the only questions she failed?
If she came to me and told me that story, making eye contact and crying actual liquid tears, I'd tend to believe her and do. :confused:

I think this is the voice stress test. It is labeled the polygraph test. I don't think they hook you up to anything for the voice test.

butwhatif?, good points! I do think washing the blanket/sheet and the blanket in the van, has a meaning in this case.
I agree, sleeping til the afternoon with R, I can't see her getting sleepy til after midnight.

I have to somewhat disagree with the point about tripping on LSD.
I agree she would still have not been completely out of the trip when LE arrived. IMO, that would not mean she could not have talked to LE and anyone else. I witnessed several friends doing acid in the '70's, at music festivals, and they certainly were able to talk.

I suspect she was given the 'date rape' drug by someone visiting her that evening.
That would be the reason she was in a fog and didn't wake up when Jr. got out of bed, if this story is true. I had thought Jr. got out of bed because he heard someone in the trailer or knocking on the door.
Of course now we hear the bed wasn't slept in, so that would make that story just a story.
One can only guess where the kids or M was that night.... sleeping in the van seems a possibility....my head is spinning with possibilities.

She was apparently out of the house on a 3 day bender of booze and drugs days before Hayleigh went missing. I don't think anyone would have to slip her anything. They would just have to show up with party materials when Ron isn't around, or even when he is given his history with the law. Sorry I know how much everyone feels for him but it is so patently obvious that drugs played a huge role in that household.

Just based on her appearence and demeanor in some of the early interview, I am going to hazzard a guess that inappropriate use of Oxycontin, barbituates or some similar depresent is part of her normal repetoire. She has those sort of dead looking unfocused eyes that are pretty indicative of those sorts of meds. And I am going to hazard a guess that noone slipped her a date rape drug to go do TV interviews. The girl looks to me like a heavy heavy pill popper.

People lose kids without be neglectful.
She does not meet the standard for child neglect or endangerment based on the facts we can see at this point.
Arresting her too soon can end up with all the evidence they have collected up until that point being thrown out or the charges being dropped.

I believe child endangerment could apply based on her living standards. Those children had no structure in their lives, they weren't served regular meals, their safety was never a issue. They existed, did what they wanted and witnessed vulgarity every day of their lives. These are just my humble opinions.

She was apparently out of the house on a 3 day bender of booze and drugs days before Hayleigh went missing.
I don't think anyone would have to slip her anything. They would just have to show up with party materials when Ron isn't around, or even when he is given his history with the law.
Sorry I know how much everyone feels for him but it is so patently obvious that drugs played a huge role in that household.

Just based on her appearence and demeanor in some of the early interview, I am going to hazzard a guess that inappropriate use of Oxycontin, barbituates or some similar depresent is part of her normal repetoire.

She has those sort of dead looking unfocused eyes that are pretty indicative of those sorts of meds.
And I am going to hazard a guess that noone slipped her a date rape drug to go do TV interviews. The girl looks to me like a heavy heavy pill popper.

faefrost; Good points!
I didn't know how those drugs affected a person. I agree about the eyes, also.
I think it could be a possibility, the child died from getting into R & M's drugs.

Seems a case could be made, in several ways, on R. for child endangerment....

faefrost; Good points!
I didn't know how those drugs affected a person. I agree about the eyes, also.
I think it could be a possibility, the child died from getting into R & M's drugs.

Seems a case could be made, in several ways, on R. for child endangerment....

His primary full time caregiver was (and continues to be for the son) his underaged drug popping teenage sex bunny. I think negligence is something of an understatement.

:clap: What she said!

Gracenote, What IF, R did get in a fight just as M. said?
Here's one of my theories,
R. discovers his gun missing while the cousin is visiting. He tries to take the gun away from the guy before he leaves their yard, while wrestling over the gun it goes off and shoots the child.
They panic and throw it in a ditch.

I think too many people would know about that. JMO

I listened to the voice stress test and Misty said she changed into her pajamas and laid down on the bed... she doesn't say she got under the covers, but if Ron Jr was moving all over the bed like she said he was, the covers would be disturbed. I don't know what Misty was wearing when LE arrived at the MH home in response to Misty's 911 call. Does anyone know if Ron had custody of HaLeigh and Ronnie Jr the weekend Misty left prior to HC disappearance? Is it possible that while Misty was gone Ron let HaLeigh sleep with a blanket that had been peed on and Misty is actually criticizing Ron for doing something she would never do? Misty criticized the care Ronald's other son was getting from his bio mother and she warned Ron that something bad was going to happen to him. I am wondering if Misty is likewise critical of Ronald's parenting skills and that is why the tester recognized doubt in her mind when he asked Misty if she felt Ron was involved. Altho Misty might have doubts about the quality of Ron's parenting skills, she knows for a fact that Ron loves HaLeigh. With regards to HaLeigh's bedtime, Misty says HaLeigh took the movie into the master bedroom and fell asleep watching the movie and later she says she laid HaLeigh down in her bed at 8 o'clock and she fell asleep within 30-40 minutes. At this point in the evening, Misty appears to loose sight of HaLeigh... While Misty sleeps she is aware of Ronnie Jr movements around her but she is not noticing what is going on with HaLeigh a few feet across from her...especially if someone came and stood right next to her bed and scooped down to lift Haleigh from the mattress. If she noticed Ronnie Jr going out the doorway why didn't she notice who came into the room and took HaLeigh? It is strange Misty didn't see HaLeigh wasn't in her bed when she was awakened after 3 am by the light shining directly into her bedroom from the kitchen. How could she not notice HaLeigh was not in her bed at that point? You'd think there was a wall separating the two because Misty makes no mention of Haleigh physically being present from the time she put her to bed at 8 pm. In this account by Misty she makes HaLeigh disappear IMO. Misty states that she has had a hard life so far and she doesn't feel it is going to get better. I wonder if Misty doesn't feel she has found a home in Ron's heart and although she loves children, she doesn't see any future there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back