Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a rumor that Misty is a drug user or drug addict, same as the infamous 3 day binge is a rumor.

Misty herself admits to being gone for the three days. She just doesn't admit to what she was doing.

I could see Misty keeping the one thing she needs on her at all times. Leaving it, even stashed away somewhere, means someone else could find it. Once the money is G-O-N-E like you said, it's gone. Misty is a perpetual victim. "How much can a 17 year old take? I mean, come on." I have no doubt Misty's plight has just been jacked into the stratosphere.
I don't understand what this means.

I'm very interested in your opinions of why a streetwise druggie would call LE after they were robbed on a drug deal. What is your theory of how they thought it would be beneficial to shine a spotlight on their illegal activities?

I'm very interested in your opinions of why a streetwise druggie would call LE after they were robbed on a drug deal. What is your theory of how they thought it would be beneficial to shine a spotlight on their illegal activities?

One report said one of the girls was left behind.
Did a neighbor call the police and this girl was still there when they arrived?
Was an officer in the area versus one of the three girls calling?
Or perhaps the girl that got ditched was pissed off, I might have been.

Why even draw the attention to yourself in the first place? If you are robbed buying drugs do you honestly think that your money is going to be recovered? Or maybe that the cops will find the dealers and force them to give you your drugs? It's kinda ludicrous that that LE was even called, that's why I say there is more to the story than what has been told so far.

they didn't say that misty admitted to going there for drugs, one of her friends (melinda santmyer) with her is the one who cracked and said it. they originally said they were there to visit a friend. obviously le didn't buy that and got the truth out of one of melinda.
why report it? maybe misty needed her id or some type of documents in her purse and didn't want to have to go get another one. also even if they were going to buy drugs, if they aren't caught in the process of making a drug deal and they don't have illegal drugs on them, le can't do anything. misty might know this or she thinks she can get away with everything thus far

I do not put Misty in the *streetwise* category. She wanted her *stuff.* Damn it. jmo

The original story- *gone there to visit a friend.* Innocent visit to a friend. :innocent:

Later, LE tracked Santmyer down at one of the units and SHE told them they had gone there to buy drugs.

One report said one of the girls was left behind.
Did a neighbor call the police and this girl was still there when they arrived?
Was an officer in the area versus one of the three girls calling?
Or perhaps the girl that got ditched was pissed off, I might have been.

i agree, melinda is the one they left behind there and she's the same girl who told the cops they were ther for the drug deal. now it all makes sense.

"She managed to get into the car, and Steedley drove away --leaving Santmyer behind to flee on foot, police said.

Investigating officers reportedly interviewed Santmyer at an apartment in the complex.

"She told officers that they came to the apartment complex attempting to buy drugs," according to the police department report. "She stated that she got out of the car to look for an unidentified man they gave money to for drugs."
http://www.staugustine.com/stories/102109/news_2103484.shtml

I think we both agree that they took a big risk calling police. But one was injured (Misty) and two had their purses stolen (Misty and ...Brandy?...whoever). Consider for a minute that:

1) perhaps there was a lot of money in those two purses;
2) that money may not have been theirs;
3) they'd already made the purchase with the money and the purchase was to go to someplace else;
4) the fear of returning back to that place empty-handed was greater than the fear of getting in trouble with police, because there was nothing they could really be arrested for, it gets on the record that they reported a robbery, and could buy them some time to spin the tale back where it really needs to be spun.

I could go on with the theoretical. But as someone says in their sig-line: If there's stink, there must be hink. And this one smells all the way over here.

Trying to catch up. Has there been any information given on what type of drug the women were trying to buy? Illegal prescription drugs, crack, cocaine, heroin, Oxys ?????? I really would like to know if any of the "victims" have mentioned what they were trying to score. TIA
They did not say, but my guess would be crack.

My guess would be pills that require a doctor's prescription. It was reported there was a crushed pill bottle found.

I think we both agree that they took a big risk calling police. But one was injured (Misty) and two had their purses stolen (Misty and ...Brandy?...whoever). Consider for a minute that:

3) they'd already made the purchase with the money and the purchase was to go to someplace else;
4) the fear of returning back to that place empty-handed was greater than the fear of getting in trouble with police, because there was nothing they could really be arrested for, it gets on the record that they reported a robbery, and could buy them some time to spin the tale back where it really needs to be spun.

I could go on with the theoretical. But as someone says in their sig-line: If there's stink, there must be hink. And this one smells all the way over here.

do you mean like other people not present gave them some money for drugs and they either kept their money and or the drugs and then claimed robbery so they could pull it off?

ITA. It is high time that people stop making excuses for Misty's actions and start holding her responsiblity for what she has done and is continuing to do. It is time for Misty to stop being a "victim". Time to stop enabling her to continue to be a "victim". Misty put herself into that environment. We see what enabling and making excuses for Ron's behavior has done for him. How he refuses to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. Now, the same thing is being done for Misty. It is past time for these two weak, irresponsible people to grow up...........FGS.

CoolClips_wb022232.gif
:idea:

:parrot:

do you mean like other people not present gave them some money for drugs and they either kept their money and or the drugs and then claimed robbery so they could pull it off?

I guess that could be added to the list, but no. I did not discount that they were probably really robbed.

Yes maybe Misty and at least the one other girl (who was w her) faked her injuries and the whole thing was a ruse so they could keep the money and the drugs they were buying for someone else which they stashed before calling LE :crazy:
ok it's a little nuts but hey we've heard crazier things since this fiasco began, nothing would surprise me at this point :rolleyes:

Just my opinion, but I think it's fairly obvious what happened. They called their connection (or just knew where to buy the stuff), went to get some dope and got robbed. They had to call the cops because they were stupid enough to take their purse with them on a drug buy. ID's were in the purses. Also just a guess, but how much does anyone want to bet their connection set them up? Betcha anything the first girl got out of the car and gave some dude the money .... he runs off with their money. Next thing you know, there's two more dudes there who snatch their purses and run off. The girls get scared and scatter. Two take off in the car and run off leaving the third one to fend for herself. Of course she told the cops the truth about why they were there .... cops aren't dumb. If this is a known drug area, the cops knew what they were doing there.

if misty had minor injuries, why would she go to the hospital for that? is that procedure?

Better to be able to claim to be a victim later, Chem...........JMO etc

Better to be able to claim to be a victim later, Chem...........JMO etc

Exactly. If she really had the nerve to pull a stunt like this--and especially depending upon who she was scamming--she'd have to take it all the way including false report, false claims of injury etc I honestly can't say I'd put this past her. I mean it isn't like she's ever really shunned attention or shied away from the media. Either way it's a risky game Misty is playing. JMO

Your theoretical would definitely explain why a police report would be filed. If the girls were indeed making a purchase for someone else and the "funds" disappeared, they would be in a lot of danger. There had to be a good excuse for not coming back with the drugs and not having the "funds" either.

Very plausible, Debs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluemagic