Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my gosh.... look what this monsters done. I hate him, hate him. :(:(:(
:tantrum:
My heart just keeps breaking...that poor family, knowing their little one is in that box, right in front of them, so close but so gone. Those little coffins shouldn't even exist, children shouldn't be killed, by person or disease. It's just not right, it's not fair. I pray for strength, they will have to have more strength than ever before, for their son, for each other, for the trial if there is one, for carrying on her legacy.

According to MSM ZA called his father that morning to ask if he could use the family cabin later in the day. And he frequently stayed the night at the Ertl's (i.e. it wasnt out of the norm)... i wonder if this was premeditated.... it almost seems like he planned it bc there was a shotgun and ammo in the cabin that he was going to use.... but he ended up using a knife to slit his wrists... it almost appears planned out. But then i wonder if it was a heat of the moment too bc he stole Mr. Ertl's truck... could he have been sure he would have access to the keys? Maybe he knew them enough to know their patterns (like where they place their keys when they walk in)?.. or had he been abusing her previously and that night went too far and hurt her badly and needed to dump her body (sorry to sound so graphic) i just dont know what to make of it. I cant stop thinking of this case. My son is her age, and it just terrifies me... im a single mom and ive dated briefly since my divorce and honestly, i have come to the resolution that i am going to wait until he is grown and ouy of the house. I just dont want to risk anything. It seems like more and more cases like this of trusted friends and family hurting children. Especially cases of boyfriends hurting children. :-(

According to MSM ZA called his father that morning to ask if he could use the family cabin later in the day. And he frequently stayed the night at the Ertl's (i.e. it wasnt out of the norm)... i wonder if this was premeditated.... it almost seems like he planned it bc there was a shotgun and ammo in the cabin that he was going to use.... but he ended up using a knife to slit his wrists... it almost appears planned out. But then i wonder if it was a heat of the moment too bc he stole Mr. Ertl's truck... could he have been sure he would have access to the keys? Maybe he knew them enough to know their patterns (like where they place their keys when they walk in)?.. or had he been abusing her previously and that night went too far and hurt her badly and needed to dump her body (sorry to sound so graphic) i just dont know what to make of it. I cant stop thinking of this case. My son is her age, and it just terrifies me... im a single mom and ive dated briefly since my divorce and honestly, i have come to the resolution that i am going to wait until he is grown and ouy of the house. I just dont want to risk anything. It seems like more and more cases like this of trusted friends and family hurting children. Especially cases of boyfriends hurting children. :-(

You can still date, just don't let the guy, 1). Sleep over at your house the same time your son is there. 2). Ever be alone with your son, watch him while you are at work or run to the grocery.

The last time I dated I told the guy, "Pretend we are having an affair." My kids can't know about you, see you around and they are not going to be calling you, 'Uncle', I'm not looking for a daddy or someone to pay my bills. Needless to say, I didn't date him for long. With the statistics out there for boyfriends abusing the woman's children? Don't need it either.

I feel so sad for these parents as we all do. They certainly didn't do anything wrong. How could they have possibly known what was in this guy's mind?

I was a single mom for 13 years. I dated pretty much the whole time. when they were little, I didn't bring anyone around. once they were teens, I did. but they are boys. I know boys get victimized too, but girls scare me more.

by the time my boys were teens, they were huge and they would have spoken up or knocked someone on their azz (they are 6"1 and 6"4 and 21 and 18 now)

You can still date, just don't let the guy, 1). Sleep over at your house the same time your son is there. 2). Ever be alone with your son, watch him while you are at work or run to the grocery.

The last time I dated I told the guy, "Pretend we are having an affair." My kids can't know about you, see you around and they are not going to be calling you, 'Uncle', I'm not looking for a daddy or someone to pay my bills. Needless to say, I didn't date him for long. With the statistics out there for boyfriends abusing the woman's children? Don't need it either.

I feel so sad for these parents as we all do. They certainly didn't do anything wrong. How could they have possibly known what was in this guy's mind?

Thanks ladies... i let someone into our lives and thought it would work out. But the first time my son got sick and our date got cancelled he showed his true colors. Anywayyyyy lol

But these parents must be beating themselves up. The photos of the fineral procession were heart wrenching.

I was thinking about ZAs parents. They must have seen this in their son from an early age, right? They knew he had an issue as a teenager. What could they have done to prevent this??? I think about if my aon did those things at a young age (harassing a woman).... what could indo to protect society????

This is the time that always gets to me after something like this happens.

This, 'lull' in time. All of this chaos, all of this complete heartbreak, sorrow and grief. For what? What was the purpose of all of this? After awhile it just makes me question the fabric of the Universe. Why did this guy enter this family's life and end up doing such a COMPLETELY senseless act?

And then? What is the family suppose to do? How do they just go on then living their lives? The whole next year will just be filled with a completely new set of 'firsts' for them. First day of school without that child, first holiday, first fall, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas.

No matter what sentence is handed down by our legal system, (I refuse to call it the 'justice' system), no matter what, this poor family is sentenced to a never ending grief. When these parents are in their 90's they will still grieve this tremendous loss. :rose::rose::rose:

"When agents found Anderson hiding in knee-deep water, they found his cell phone and other items inside a zip-lock bag in his pocket, according to the warrant."

http://www.kare11.com/news/police-hope-andersons-phone-provides-timeline/312024573

Hmm...that's bizarre.

Seems like he waded into the water with intentions of checking his cellphone while there and that he planned to reemerge with the cellphone still usable.

Why the attachment to the cellphone at that time? Checking for news coverage? Checking messages from family?

Strange detail.

Hmm...that's bizarre.

Seems like he waded into the water with intentions of checking his cellphone while there and that he planned to reemerge with the cellphone still usable.

Why the attachment to the cellphone at that time? Checking for news coverage? Checking messages from family?

Strange detail.

He took the time to water proof his phone while submerging this baby he murdered? Can it get any worse?

Just a thought - I dropped my last phone and the screen shattered. It was still functional but beyond repair and I put in a sandwich bag for a couple days so I wouldn't nick my fingers on the glass until I got the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premeditated.
Sicko knew he was going to be in the water.
If he were really intent on killing himself he would not have taken precautions with the phone.

Maybe he wanted them to find his body via cell phone ping? Who knows? Weird that no one is speaking out about him. Co workers, neighbors, friends?

Maybe he wanted them to find his body via cell phone ping? Who knows? Weird that no one is speaking out about him. Co workers, neighbors, friends?

There was the neighbor who suffered his advances when he was a teenager, but nobody current as far as I know.

Perhaps he was not out there in the knee deep water looking for a place to commit suicide.

My opinion is he was standing out there looking for a 'better' place to put her body. (Some articles say he was 'found' there and some articles say he was 'hiding' there. I guess we won't know until and unless they release the notes or an interview with the deputies on the scene that day).

Either way this guy is a freak. His statement to them, "What girl?" says all the rest of it was just an act. The suicide note, the shotgun shells ect... Cell phone in a ziplock bag?

I would love it if they would release the suicide note.

"The warrant states that Anderson invoked his right to an attorney and refused to be questioned by detectives following his arrest in Cass County, hours after an Amber Alert was issued."

This is what really makes me angry. He does all of this, he's caught. There simply is no other explanation for what happened. What's he going to say? That someone else brought her there? That the very little girl there was an Amber alert for somehow mysteriously was found at his family cabin? WHAT could POSSIBLY be his defense?? Yet there he is, invoking his right to an attorney.

In my humble opinion, he is still looking for a way out, still denying in his mind that this is all his fault and his alone. Obviously this is what he's thinking or he would have confessed on the spot. This right here is an open book into the mind of a child killer. I have read before that people like this blame the victim in their mind. I believe that is what this guy is doing. He completely sickens me.

Hey wait a minute.

The news reported that the white pickup he stole from her dad was pushed/parked down in a ravine and covered with brush. The deputies showed up and found him in knee deep water with his cell phone and other items in a ziplock bag.

I believe he was planning on walking out of there. How else was he going to leave? But then why leave a suicide note and shotgun with shells behind. This is just puzzling.

Why cover up the truck if you were going to commit suicide?

Hey wait a minute.

The news reported that the white pickup he stole from her dad was pushed/parked down in a ravine and covered with brush. The deputies showed up and found him in knee deep water with his cell phone and other items in a ziplock bag.

I believe he was planning on walking out of there. How else was he going to leave? But then why leave a suicide note and shotgun with shells behind. This is just puzzling.

Why cover up the truck if you were going to commit suicide?

That could be!

My hunch is the crime happened that night because he had the opportunity, not that he necessarily planned this out in detail (though I think the desire was there beforehand).

Once the assault and murder happened, he didn't have a plan to get away. The best he could do was set up "clues" with the suicide note and gun (umm....wouldn't a suicide victim be found WITH the gun), sneak away through the woods/swamp....and then what? Huh, Zachary, what would you do then?! Well whatever his plan was, he at least had a dry cell phone. Geez.

I think you have a good hunch that he was trying to walk away.

jmo

Didn't one of the older news stories show an overhead photo of the truck? I can't recall if it looked covered with brush or not. Anyone remember?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back