MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amy and her father left for the farm sometime between 11 AM and 12 noon.

The drive to the farm takes between an hour and an hour and a half. Depending on whether you have to wait for the trains in Anoka, how many tractors you get stuck behind, how many red lights you hit, and how long you have to wait to get across some of the intersections, 95 in Isanti County can be very busy sometimes even back then. Usually, it's about an hour and 10 to 20 minutes.

I do not know and Marshall does not remember at this point how long the drive was to go up there.

I do know that both Lieut. Markgraf and the private investigator Dave Rogers drove up to our farm. Lieut. Markgraf told me that from the statement that the neighbor provided and the gas receipt that Marshall and Amy’s drive back from the farm would have been about 1 hour and 15 minutes. This I do remember.

The gas receipt was provided to law enforcement. The neighbor’s statement of the time also is something law enforcement has. Because I am working from memory, I can only give you estimates. Law Enforcement had all these details.

I can only provide what I think it is, not what I know for certain, it's been nearly 25 years.

I think the gas receipt was time stamped about 4:42- 4:52 PM but I'm not certain. I'm fairly positive that it was before 5 PM and after 4:30 PM.

Marshall does not recall right now whether he told Amy he was going to pay for gas and then go to the bathroom, or if he paid for the gas 1st and then went to the car to tell Amy he had to go the bathroom. He got the key for the bathroom and went. This bathroom visit was not just a quick urination. The bathrooms were located on the outside of the gas station. I don't think he really has any idea how long he was in there. It was probably a good 15 min. or more. The only thing he does know is when he returned to the car she wasn't there.

Marshall looked around the gas station both inside and outside, he looked in the back alley, up-and-down the streets, there were 2 stores next to the gas station one was a bakery, I don't remember what the other store was. But he did look through the windows of those stores to see if she was there.

He called me but the 1st time, I did not get to the phone in time. I really don't know what time the 1st call came, the one that I didn't get to the phone in time.

He called again and I got to the phone in time for the 2nd call. I answered the phone and he was quite frantic, he said I can't find Amy I can't find Amy she's missing she's gone. He was talking so fast that a lot of the other words I could not understand. I had to ask him to stop, slow down and then he told me what happened. He also asked was Amy at home had she walked home. He told me he had been looking all over for her. I do not recall how long this this phone call was. I believe the 2nd phone call came in sometime between 5:15 PM and 5:30 PM remember this is almost 25 years ago I'm not entirely certain of the time, perhaps it was a little bit later than 5:30.

Marshall hung up the phone and called law enforcement.

He told law enforcement that Amy was missing. The law enforcement dispatch told Marshall to go home and they would be sending an officer to our house.

Marshall called me back and told me that they would be sending an officer to our house. This 3rd call to me was within about 5 min. after he ended the 2nd call.

I was extremely shocked that the police told him to go home and I asked him, did you misunderstand? Did they really tell you to go home and they weren’t going to meet you there (at the gas station)? Marshall said, yes, they told me to go home. Marshall then told me that he was going to drive through the streets of Osseo towards the school on the chance that she may have decided to walk home.

I could not believe that the police had actually told Marshall to leave the gas station and told him to go home. I thought Marshall had to have misunderstood and so I then called police dispatch to ask them, did you really tell him to go home, and they said yes, we will be sending an officer to your house.

Marshall arrived at home, and asked, have the police been here already? I said no, and his response was, where are they? I called them again to ask, and they said they would be sending an officer in a little bit again. Well at least I think I called them again I may be mixing up the statement the officer will be there in a little bit with the previous call.

Please remember, it has been 25 years, this is only the best that I can remember.

Well, I would certainly have expected the police to come to the gas station and not the house. That was an odd thing for them to do. Do you think they just didn't treat this seriously? Was it because she had run away previously and police thought she would come back to the house? It seems to me they should have come to the gas station and questioned everyone in and around that area. It's hard to imagine someone abducting her from the parking lot right there in public, but maybe it was someone she knew. Or she walked down the road and someone picked her up there.

Any info on the medical procedure issue?

So her dad was in the restroom about 15 minutes? That seems long even for a Number 2, unless of course you have health problems or difficulty going to the potty. It would have taken a few extra minutes to go inside and get a key to the potty and then return the key to the cashier afterwards. I think instead of advising him to go on home, LE should have recommended he drive up and down the road both ways. If she decided to walk and hitchhike she may have still been on the roadway, but in the opposite direction of home.

Thank you for answering these questions and talking about Amy's case Susan. Your fight to make sure Amy's case is at the fore front and not forgotten is what will keep this going until she is found. My prayers go to your family, and Amy is in my heart. I think about her and pray for her often.

No answers yet on the medical issues and timing?

May 31: Family asks for public's help in 25-year-old case of missing girl
"...Amy Sue Pagnac’s mother and sister spoke Saturday about the renewed interest in the missing girl’s case and asked for the public’s help."

"While public scrutiny is difficult to handle, they said they hope increased attention will help them finally find Amy."

"“They’re trying to play catch-up 25 years later,” Susan Pagnac Jr. said about the investigation."

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/261390091.html

I wonder what kind of help they would be open to receiving from the public.

I wonder if they looked for Amy themselves back in 1989 and where they looked or if they hung fliers around town. I wonder how many of her friends they called or visited at their homes.

I'm having a really hard time getting past not knowing where their child is overnight or however many nights it was before they just left town for whatever medical reason.

No one leaves home if a possible runaway, possible medical emergency or possible abduction causes your 13 year old baby to disappear.

Incoming dumb question, forgive me in advance: Are we to presume the neighbors may have thought the sounds of gunshots came from Amy's house or just in the general vicinity?

And -- after the completion of the recent searches, did anyone hear whether anything possibly related to the case was found?

Incoming dumb question, forgive me in advance: Are we to presume the neighbors may have thought the sounds of gunshots came from Amy's house or just in the general vicinity?

And -- after the completion of the recent searches, did anyone hear whether anything possibly related to the case was found?

I think the silence says it quite clearly. If something had been found, it would be news.

No one asks dumb questions! :)

In my opinion if Amy's case doesn't include evidence about the sounds of gun shots the night before she was reported missing, the reaction from LE would not be a simple "no comment".

IF news about gun shots had been new information to them that they didn't already know about, they would have wanted to talk to that person to get more info about gun shots -- imo they wouldn't just blow it off with a no comment.

Amy has touched my heart and I would like so much for her be found and for whoever took her away to be held accountable.

Regarding medical procedures, I assume that you are referring to the police officer’s report from this story http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...pagnac-search/

Yes, Amy did have an upcoming doctor appointment. I did tell the officer about Amy’s upcoming doctor appointment. The officer inquired whether we thought Amy wanted to avoid that appointment and therefore ran away.
I told him no. I also told him last night (which was Friday, August 4, 1989) Amy had told me, she could not take these severe headaches anymore and was ready to do any type of testing the medical doctors wanted to do. She wanted the headaches to stop.

Regarding medical procedures, I assume that you are referring to the police officer’s report from this story http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...pagnac-search/

Yes, Amy did have an upcoming doctor appointment. I did tell the officer about Amy’s upcoming doctor appointment. The officer inquired whether we thought Amy wanted to avoid that appointment and therefore ran away.
I told him no. I also told him last night (which was Friday, August 4, 1989) Amy had told me, she could not take these severe headaches anymore and was ready to do any type of testing the medical doctors wanted to do. She wanted the headaches to stop.
I thought the question was about Amy's family apparently going out of town just days after her going missing, and the rain given was a medical procedure...?

Her parents said she had run away before and believed she would be home the next day.

The report also noted her parents planned to be out of town for several days for a medical procedure and thought Amy would be home when they returned.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/24/investigation-continues-in-1989-disappearance/

Does this make it more clear? This information is in the original police report when Amy went missing. The family left town immediately following her disappearance! Did you leave Amy a note just in case she did return while you guys were out of town? What facility (address) was this medical procedure performed?

Are the neighbors that you have said "hate your guts" the same neighbors who heard gun shots the night before Amy vanished? What do you know about gun shots being heard?

Are you helping the police to try to track down Amy's classmates? They have put out a public plea for any of her classmates who knew her to come forward.

Do you have any websites or social media sites that are dedicated to finding your daughter? I have tried looking and can't find a thing. Where have you looked for her so far and what has your strategy been in these last 25 years to locate your child?

Have the three of you taken polygraph tests? That would be the simplest way to end any and all speculation about the family's involvement and move towards finding Amy!

Just to mention, I found a site on Facebook for Amy Sue Pagnac. Also, a gal selling real estate in Maple Grove by the name of Amy Sue, just as an interesting coincidence. I doubt there is a relation, I'm sure she's been checked out.
I imagine, that this whole ordeal is very difficult and traumatic, to say the least. Especially having all your actions, or inaction up to speculation by the media and public. What is a 'good enough' answer? What shows that you are 'caring enough' or not? What shows that you are 'grieving enough' or not? And what is the standard for each? Even on here some have had different standards for what's 'good enough' answer or if it's a non-negotiable.
Goodness, why attack a grieving mother and family? I'm surprised she even came on here to talk, as many families of missing individuals on here have not, especially for those who have been missing for so long. Is it better for her not to give insight and information on this case? The police officer stated in the star tribune article that there were many mistakes made on this case, and as the report had previously been disputed as inaccurate, is it outside of the realm of plausibility that he may have miss-written something in the report? Can I write any more run-on sentences?

The anniversary date of Amy's disappearance is arriving shortly. My thoughts are with Amy and her family in this difficult time, and I hope they can be reunited soon.

Do you mean this facebook page? Find Amy Sue Pagnac which was created on June 17, 2014 and has one post divided up into 3 parts written as if it is Amy's mom. Is this the official search page of a person who has been missing for 25 years??

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

From what I can see in this case, the family gave information in the police report and now they are telling completely different stories for each little portion of the report. Not one detail. All details.

The way these cases are treated now, the family and people who know the victim need to be ruled out before LE start looking at other theories. That was never done here and at this point, would be beneficial since there has been so many contradictory stories.

There also seems to be a lot of purposely misunderstanding questions and giving answers to wrongly interpreted questions.

There is also so much deflection in every interview they bring up the UNVERIFIED sightings, UNSUBSTANTIATED reports of someone calling in to the tip line to report meeting someone who introduced themselves as Amy Sue Pagnac (coincidentally the person supposedly remembered the name and knew how to pronounce and spell that name). Supposedly this person said that they called the tip line because they were worried about this girl, Amy because she was with people who were much older than she was.

WTH? That doesn't even make sense. Who would call a tip line to report someone being with older people? Not that they saw a poster and saw this missing person.

Almost every fact about this case is contradictory to an abduction or runaway situation.

Just to mention, I found a site on Facebook for Amy Sue Pagnac. Also, a gal selling real estate in Maple Grove by the name of Amy Sue, just as an interesting coincidence. I doubt there is a relation, I'm sure she's been checked out.
I imagine, that this whole ordeal is very difficult and traumatic, to say the least. Especially having all your actions, or inaction up to speculation by the media and public. What is a 'good enough' answer? What shows that you are 'caring enough' or not? What shows that you are 'grieving enough' or not? And what is the standard for each? Even on here some have had different standards for what's 'good enough' answer or if it's a non-negotiable.
Goodness, why attack a grieving mother and family? I'm surprised she even came on here to talk, as many families of missing individuals on here have not, especially for those who have been missing for so long. Is it better for her not to give insight and information on this case? The police officer stated in the star tribune article that there were many mistakes made on this case, and as the report had previously been disputed as inaccurate, is it outside of the realm of plausibility that he may have miss-written something in the report? Can I write any more run-on sentences?

The anniversary date of Amy's disappearance is arriving shortly. My thoughts are with Amy and her family in this difficult time, and I hope they can be reunited soon.

One of the questions is very specific. It has to do with a medical appointment (not for Amy).

It has not been answered many times.

The deflection is very obvious.Why is this being done?

There is also the question about what happened when the family was told Amy was a stripper.

They did not go to check it out? Why not?

<modsnip>

When I asked:
&#8220;I am not completely clear what you are talking about, regarding leaving town for some kind of a medical condition. I don't want to make any assumptions. Could you please tell me: Are you talking about going out at town for an appointment for Amy? Are you talking about going out of town for an appointment for the whole family? Are you talking about an appointment for the youngest child? What are you talking about? What timeframe are you talking about? a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, after she went missing? Could you be more precise in what you are talking about.&#8221;

Human responded with:
&#8220;That is what we are wondering. It was reported that the family left town for a medical procedure while Amy was missing.

It was reported that Amy had run away before so they were not worried.

I will look for the link, although it is on here.&#8221; And this &#8220;Here it is.

Going for a medical procedure. No clear amount of time for the amount of time

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...pagnac-search/&#8221;

The question that I thought I was answering is: What we discussed with the police officer for his report.
I was assuming you were referring to what we had told the officer on the 5th, and you wanted to know what we had discussed. I answered what we had told the officer.

I have difficulty understanding why Maple Grove Police department chooses to release a report with so many mistakes, especially since early Monday morning August 7th; I went in and met with Lt. Markgraf. I don&#8217;t remember if I called before I showed up or went directly to the police department. I was extremely concerned when Amy had not returned and I knew something was really really wrong.

That is when I learned of mistakes that were in the report that the officer made on the 5th. Because of all the mistakes and missing information (like what she was wearing), Lt. Markgraf took out a piece of paper and created a new report that had accurate information. After he completed the report, Lt. Markgraf told me that this would be the report that they would be using, and not the one from the 5th. So I am very confused as to why Maple Grove Police Department would put out that other document. I wonder if Lt. Markgraf&#8217;s report from the 7th is one of the documents that Maple Grove lost, because I cannot understand why they would provide the press something that is so inaccurate.

To clarify, we did not leave town on Sunday and come back late Monday as he states in his report. There were no appointments for anyone in the family for those days. Think about it. How many Doctor&#8217;s offices see patients on Sunday?

What happened when you heard about Amy being a stripper?

I see. So you are disputing the entire report. All of the information contained in it. That is interesting because LE are trained on observing and how to take down information accurately. I wonder if that reporting officer had that much difficulty with other cases that he took reports for. That would be interesting to look into. Thank you for clearing that up.

Since the latest effort to find Amy is that the police have put out a plea asking for anyone who knew Amy to come forward, what have you done to track those people down? Can I help give you some ideas of how you can get the word out?

Is that your facebook page to find Amy? That would be a good place to start to post the plea from LE along with all of the Maple Grove police dept information.

Other places to post it online:
  • school official website
  • school facebook page
  • classmates.com
  • Find Amy facebook page
  • Find Amy website
  • Maple Grove facebook pages
  • Misc local event facebook pages
  • There are also tons of missing person facebook pages - post to any you can find
  • Your facebook page and ask your friends and family to share it

It wouldn't hurt to put up one of Amy's regular fliers on your Find Amy Facebook page.

I posted one up-thread but I can post it again if you need me to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back