Found Deceased MN - Ashley Miller Carlson, 33, from Burnett Co, seen near Hinckley, Pine Co, 24 Sep 2021 *reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OCT 27, 2021
Family offers $10,000 reward for information about missing woman (kbjr6.com)
[...]

Her vehicle was found abandoned east of Hinckley in Graces Lake. Authorities don't know what she was wearing or where she was headed.

The Pine County Sheriff and the BCA are both investigating.

Now, her family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that brings Carlson home to her family.

They also hired a private investigator.

If you know anything about Carlson's disappearance you can call the Pine County Sheriff at 320-629-8438.

[...]

Has anyone else noticed the uptick in families hiring PI's? Is it because they perceive LE isn't responding in a way they want?
I guess I would do the same if my loved one's missing case wasn't getting anywhere. God bless these poor families :(

There’s also a number to report anonymously. You can text or call 218-241-0341 to be connected to the private investigators.

There’s also a Facebook page with more information.
Family offers $10,000 reward for information about missing woman

That's a nice reward, if you know something - you can anonymously text or call the private investigator. If you SAW or KNOW SOMETHING - SAY SOMETHING. This could be your Mom, Sister, or Daughter ...

Has anyone else noticed the uptick in families hiring PI's? Is it because they perceive LE isn't responding in a way they want?
I guess I would do the same if my loved one's missing case wasn't getting anywhere. God bless these poor families :(

Seems like LE likes to keep things 'close to the vest' while loved-ones like to feel they know what's going on....

A search is being organized for this Sunday. The search is being planned by Ashley's family, loved ones and community members from the Lake Lena area. Pine County Sheriff's Dept did give their consent also. More information can be found in the FB group to help find Ashley.

I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of where she was heading/plans she had? I'd like to know if anyone was with her when she rented the car (hope they look at the dealership cameras).

View attachment 318341

Grace Lake is in Pine County. Here is a more accurate representation of the places mentioned. (Assumption of the Dealership used in Frederic. Regardless Frederic is small and the starting area is the same vicinity.)

upload_2021-11-3_17-35-13.png

This article explains a bit of the constraint and limitations of LE that result in some families seeking help from PI's. When a Missing Persons Case Calls for a PI Another one not mentioned and one that isn't known to be applicable in this particular case is sometimes the family does not accept the direction of the case LE is pursuing (a generic example being - a person may have criminal history and elements in his/her life LE thinks is pertinent and family may be unaware or in denial of such activities and doesn't believe them to be a factor).

$10K reward offered for information on missing 33-year-old woman last seen near Hinckley

The family of a missing 33-year-old woman last seen near Hinckley, Minn., is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to her recovery.

Ashley Carlson of Grantsburg, Wis., was last seen east of Hinckley on Sept. 24, according to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. She is 5 feet 9 inches tall and about 220 pounds.

A search will take place from 10 a.m. to dusk on Sunday. Base camp for the search will be at the Lake Lena Community Center, 45749 Grace Lake Rd., Sandstone, Minn.

Reward for information on missing Wisconsin woman doubles

A reward for information on a missing 33-year-old woman who was last seen in September has doubled.

Ashley Miller--also known by the last name Carlson--is from the Grantsburg, Wisconsin, area. Burnett County law enforcement is aiding in search efforts.

The family issued the following statement via a family spokesperson:

The outpouring of support our family has received in our search for Ashley has been incredible. We are so thankful for the kindness of friends and strangers, the diligence of many law enforcement agencies and the help of news organizations that are keeping Ashley's picture and information in front of the public. As hunters venture into the woods in the coming days, we ask that they keep their eyes open for Ashley as well.

NOV 5, 2021
Community search efforts for missing Wisconsin mother will continue this Sunday (fox9.com)
[...]

The large search party will begin at 10 a.m. until the sun goes down on Sunday, November 7. Community members who want to help are meeting at a basecamp at the Lake Lena (Aazhoomog) Community Center on Grace Lake Road in Sandstone, Minnesota. Water and food will be provided, but organizers are encouraging people to bring extra.

Pine County Police suggest searchers use GPS tracking apps on their phones to let investigators know where they have searched, according to the Facebook event that has important details for those interested in joining the search party.

Organizers also wrote that all searchers must wear blaze orange or neon green/yellow. Be prepared by dressing warm and bringing waterproof boots to navigate through swampland. They suggest bringing walkie talkies, whistles and anything else that may help search efforts.

[...]

NOV 7, 2021
'We want you back': Family continues relentless search for missing Wisconsin woman (kbjr6.com)
[...]

On Sunday, more than ten search teams of people from both Minnesota and Wisconsin gathered in Sandstone, Minnesota, looking for anything that might lead to Ashley's whereabouts.

[...]

Both of Ashley's aunts say they plan to continue their search efforts until she is found and stated any information about Ashley will help them bring her home, where she's missed most.

"To the people who know anything, we are begging with you, pleading, pleading that if you know something, say something," CM said. "Ashley, if you're out there, we miss you, we love you, and we want you back."

[...]

Search continues for woman missing since September

The Pine County community launched a search party for a Minnesota woman who has been missing since the end of September.

For eight hours, a crew of over 300 people combed the area around St. Croix State Forest hoping to find answers.

'There's a lot of just walking through and digging around and just to see if there's anything there. I've seen the police out checking some of the stuff that people have marked,' Jamie Vander Velden, search party member, said.

If searchers found anything unusual, they'd blow a whistle to signal a possible clue that could lead to finding the mother of four.

Henderson said authorities found Miller's car submerged in Grace's Lake with all her belongings inside.

NOV 7, 2021
Crews continue searching for missing mother from western Wisconsin

Hundreds Volunteer To Search For Ashley Miller, Missing Mother Of Four

Last edited:
NOV 7, 2021
Volunteers search north of metro for missing Wisconsin mother (fox9.com)
[...]

Her family doesn't know much about the circumstances of her disappearance and law enforcement isn't saying much either.

The search for Carlson is now in its sixth week and until dusk on Sunday, crews scoured swampy land in Pine County, searching for answers.

[...]

"She’s gone but not by her own free will," said CM.

All day on Sunday, hundreds of people, all volunteers, searched miles of land near where the car was spotted.

"It's hilly, it’s wooded, it’s swampy," said CM.

In spite of the rough terrain, they covered as much as they could, sun up to sun down. "We had over 300 people and we were just sending them out in teams."

[...]

The shirts on their backs say bring Ashley back, and she can’t come home soon enough, with four children ages 4, 6, 9 and 11, waiting by the door.

[...]

They have set up an anonymous tip line too, while hiring a private investigator. "We will never stop looking for Ashley," said CM. "We want her, we need her, we love her, and we’re going to continue day in and day out."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie
Back