Found Deceased MN - Austin Retterath, 19, UofM student, Minneapolis, 8 May 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you.

Austin was wearing shorts and a Tshirt which is indicative of warm weather but not always, of course. I wonder if it was his friends that reported him as missing. Perhaps they were with him at the last location he was seen then he didn't show up for plans they made for later in the day. Hence, they reported him as a MP.

"According to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, 19-year-old Austin Ray Retterath was last seen Sunday morning near East River Road and Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis."

Was he headed for the Franklin Avenue Bridge over the Mighty Mississippi River?
He might have been headed over that bridge. It does have a walking path on it. It connects the east and west sides of campus.

The whole area is college-kid lifestyle. So many places to hang out, things to do.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Moo, he intended to spend time with his family but didn't show up. Initial investigation determined where he was last seen.

Moo, imo, etc...
I'm not seeing any news updates for Austin, but via mutual friend of the family, his body has not been found, but video of him on the bridge has been seen and he is presumed dead. Not sure if I'm violating terms here and I apologize if I am. There are certain "events" that don't get on the news here in the twin cities for fear of encouraging others to do the same.

It's so very sad, heartbreaking that it happened on Mother's day.

Austin Retterath Obituary, Death – Austin Ray Retterath, 19, passed away on Sunday, May 8th, 2022. Austin was born on August 29, 2002, in Wausau, WI to Michael & Audra (Krebsbach) Retterath. He was loved by not only his parents but his older siblings, Chris & Alissa.

He grew up attending his siblings’ events and was always their biggest fan. As he got older, he had many hobbies including playing basketball, cheering on the Packers, spending time at the lake with his family and friends, and visiting new places with his family.

Austin chose to attend the University of Minnesota after graduating from East Ridge High School. He earned the distinction of being placed on the College of Science & Engineering’s Dean’s List. He loved supporting the Gophers at all of their sporting events and made great relationships and memories while at the U of M.

Austin has been a blessing to his family and was the ray of sunshine in their lives. He will be greatly missed by his friends and family who will strive every day to live the way Austin did, with selflessness, compassion, and a strong love for God.

Austin is survived by his parents Michael & Audra Retterath; his brother Chris (Skylar) Retterath; his sister Alissa (Isaac) Leonard; and his nephews and niece that he adored – Crosby, Jay, & Isla. He is also survived by a loving extended family and great friends.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, May 17th at 11 AM at St. Ambrose Church of Woodbury, Minnesota with a luncheon to follow. Visitation will start at 10 AM.

Goodness another young man and water. The report said Austin is 6'2" tall. He's on the slender side but still (IMO) a guy that tall might not be easily attacked for any reason. Someone who has been up most of the night and may or may not have been drinking might not be at their best to defend themselves. It seems that young men need to be as aware of their surroundings as young women. Hope it ends well.

Austin is a nice looking young man with a delightful smile. I love his thick dark blonde hair. RIP Austin Retterath

Screenshot 2022-05-15 12.03.37 AM.png

"Authorities identified a body pulled from the Mississippi River earlier this week as a 19-year-old University of Minnesota student who was reported missing nearly two weeks ago.

Austin Retterath was first reported missing by the University of Minnesota Police Department on May 8.

Then last Wednesday the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office identified a man found dead in the river - but authorities didn't announce that the body was Retterath until Friday.

Investigators said that there was no indication that any foul play had gone into Retterath's death. "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020
Back