GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I fear Barway Collins may be next. I wonder, however, if his father is hiding him somewhere for some reason. Maybe he thinks people will make some sort of donation or reward, and he could collect. I just don't know why the father would murder his son.

I wonder if someone else is holding Barway as some sort of retribution/retaliation or coercion against PC.

If PC didn't see the "uncle" it is quite possible he doesn't know who Barway was referring to. In my experience it is common for the Liberian community to refer to many friends as "uncles", sisters, brothers, etc.

I can't believe this sweet boy hasn't been found, and that there appears to be so little interest. :(

I can't believe this sweet boy hahsn't been found, and that there appears to be so little interest. :(

I think there's a lot of interest. His photo has been on front pages, and his story is constantly being updated, but, of course, there's nothing to say right now. He's disappeared; that's all the police know, except to say the police believe the father isn't being truthful. There is also a $12,000 reward, plus a Facebook page. The FBI, BCA are involved, as well as the county sheriff's office. There have been searches both on land and on the Mississippi River.

I was really hoping he would be found today...safe.

More info here:

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...pack-found-in-barway-collins-search/70854840/

"MINNEAPOLIS - A red backpack matching the description Barway Collins was carrying was found by searchers Thursday near the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

Police have not determined if there's a link to the backpack and Collins.

A pair of red shoes were also found Thursday in North Mississippi Regional Park but officers say the shoes are not connected to Collins.

The third item found was a knife. Again, police have not said if it's linked to the case.

Crystal Police released this statement Thursday evening: "All items recovered during the groups search today will be analyzed over the next few days to determine whether they have any evidentiary value." "

And this one has been updated:

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3754114.shtml?cat=1

"Police initially said the items were not connected to the Barway case, but they are now saying that all items recovered during Thursday's search will be analyzed over the next few days to see if they have any evidentiary value."

I really want to give the dad the benefit of the doubt, but it certainly doesn't sound good in regards to his involvement in Barway's disappearance. It sounds to me as if the "uncle" wasn't a common figure among the apt. community. Something about the way that Barclay said his uncle was there. I wonder if he actually saw his uncle or could he have seen his uncle's vehicle. If he had seen his uncle and his being there wasn't a normal or regular occurrence, then it seems that Barway would have gone to his uncle (if in fact he did at all) before attempting to enter the apt. building. Instead, he clearly went to enter the building before making that quick turn away from the entrance. I can't get a read on Barway's facial expression at that time.

If "uncle" wasn't involved then it seems he would have come forward to LE by now to say, "hey, maybe he was talking about me!"

In the video of the apartment complex a woman is seen leaving as Barway comes up. She would have seen the car.

Does anyone know, if from a legal standpoint, PC's lawyer would recommend he NOT help search for Barway.

I'm heartbroken watching the video of all the people (and especially Barway's school friend) who are searching for Barway and yet it seems no one from his own family is searching for him.

Does anyone know, if from a legal standpoint, PC's lawyer would recommend he NOT help search for Barway.

I'm heartbroken watching the video of all the people (and especially Barway's school friend) who are searching for Barway and yet it seems no one from his own family is searching for him.
I don't know for sure but I've heard that if you're a suspect your lawyer advises you not to search because if you are the one to find anything you're going to look guilty, like you knew where to look because you're the one that put it there.

I don't know for sure but I've heard that if you're a suspect your lawyer advises you not to search because if you are the one to find anything you're going to look guilty, like you knew where to look because you're the one that put it there.
Only the dad has been called a suspect. Where's the rest of the family, that pastor that was on Nancy grace etc.? if they want to show support for Barway & Pierre now would be a great time to step up. Unless maybe due to past behavior they have an idea of what happened.

thx for the dam/lock info
looks like it is difficult to along some of the banks to, due to the slope or brush
I am sure the search personnel are familiar with the currents, etc and are keeping a close watch

I wonder if they isolated any dumpsters around that bank/cub foods? The backpack has to be some where....Red, wasn't it?
tis not looking favorable

Search planned for tomorrow.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3754114.shtml

"Another search has been planned for 3 p.m. Saturday. Searchers will be meeting in the Cedarwood Apartments in Crystal. Volunteers are encouraged to attend a brief search training session presented by an advisor from the Special Operations Division to learn how to collect possible evidence and secure items that are found."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee