GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierre is age 33 and has had 7 kids total, but, you see, he apparently murdered 10 y old Barway, so now there are 6 kids. Two are younger boys with 'present' wife. 4 kids with 'last' Wisconsin/blonde/outspoken wife.

Two of the four kids with WI wife are hers from a previous marriage. He adopted them, so he is the father, but he didn't father them. But, yes, he certainly took on a lot of responsibility (that he couldn't handle).

Two of the four kids with WI wife are hers from a previous marriage. He adopted them, so he is the father, but he didn't father them. But, yes, he certainly took on a lot of responsibility (that he couldn't handle).

We still don't know if PC had a job. It probably doesn't matter at this point because the State of MN will be financially caring for the kids. My tax dollars at work.

I just checked news and there's nothing at all new online. Can somebody here tell me please typically how soon will we learn the cause of death of little Barway? Does that typically happen when Pierre has his 1st appearance and there's a criminal Complaint? I was out locally today, and one lady said she also thinks Pierre, and 'Uncle' (she feels SURE there were 2 of them), strangled Barway from behind.

Also, normally I find people who adopt kids to be so very loving and have such open hearts: I remember, tho', in Minnesota, some people who adopt can get a big bundle of MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT and so very many benefits. Here's just a few e.g.'s - first, a list of 14 potential benefits: http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/browse-by-state/state/MN Second, Hennepin County informational sheet, notice e.g. of perhaps getting $337/month per adopted child...: http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henn...ervices/docs/adoption-finalization-packet.pdf Minnesota gives needy people a fortune in food benefits, also, may pay heat and electricity (even the air conditioning bill), wonderful medical care, day care assistance and other special programs for the little kids, etc., etc.

COD can take a couple days to s couple months. It all depends on the condition of the body. They'll know if he drowned right away. Head trauma, strangulation, gun shot wounds are also pretty easily determined. But if he was drugged? Or if the trauma is not seen because of decomp it would be longer. I'd say they probably have a good ides already, though.

So....the 2nd degree charge means that they don't think he planned to murder the child, but that the child died because of his actions (for an example, he beat the child and the child died).

Am I understanding that correctly?

JMO.

Minnesota has three degrees of murder (and two of manslaughter)

First Degree Murder: Homicide with intent and premeditation OR during the commission of the crime of criminal sexual conduct: mandatory life without parole (Minnesota has not had the death penalty since a botched hanging in the early part of the last century)

Second Degree Murder: Homicide with intent but no premeditation OR Homicide with no intent and no premeditation but committed during the commission of a crime other than criminal sexual conduct, up to 40 years

Third Degree Murder: Homicide with no intent and no premeditation, up to 25 years. (These are the same kind of circumstances that would normally be first degree manslaughter, but the state can "bump it up" to a murder charge. This notably gets used sometimes during drug overdose cases.)

I just checked news and there's nothing at all new online. Can somebody here tell me please typically how soon will we learn the cause of death of little Barway? Does that typically happen when Pierre has his 1st appearance and there's a criminal Complaint? I was out locally today, and one lady said she also thinks Pierre, and 'Uncle' (she feels SURE there were 2 of them), strangled Barway from behind.

Also, normally I find people who adopt kids to be so very loving and have such open hearts: I remember, tho', in Minnesota, some people who adopt can get a big bundle of MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT and so very many benefits. Here's just a few e.g.'s - first, a list of 14 potential benefits: http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/browse-by-state/state/MN Second, Hennepin County informational sheet, notice e.g. of perhaps getting $337/month per adopted child...: http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henn...ervices/docs/adoption-finalization-packet.pdf Minnesota gives needy people a fortune in food benefits, also, may pay heat and electricity (even the air conditioning bill), wonderful medical care, day care assistance and other special programs for the little kids, etc., etc.

I don't think those adoption benefits apply when it is adoption of stepchildren. I sure hope not.

He did nothing wrong.
<modsnip>
TiME after time these sicko boyfriends Murder innocent children.
<modsnip>

Barway's mother hoped her son would receive an education and better life in the USA. She sent him from Liberia to his father who was already in the USA. That, IMO, is the actions of a mother hoping for the best. His mother is also a victim - we do not attack the victims here at WS.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/299584511.html

&#8220;We are all going to remember him as a student who had a wide smile, who had an infectious personality and that knew a lot of people in our school community,&#8221; she said. &#8220;We&#8217;ll recall whatever our last connection was. For me, it&#8217;ll be him holding the door open for a group of students as we were leaving the school on that particular day.&#8221;

:tears:

0630am update to news local article http://www.startribune.com/local/west/299584511.html?page=2&c=y

Asked then whether Pierre Collins was cooperating with the investigation, (Chief) Revering said, &#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t call it true cooperation.&#8221; So, Pierre Collins must be holding to his story.....

Thanks for all of the overnight posts! I read that Pierre Collins was booked downtown at the county jail at 0330pm yesterday and is to be charged today.

Is it not true that it is possible that the county attorney will increase the charge to Murder One? I am not understanding why this is NOT a Murder One charge, because even if Pierre Collins was enraged at 'last' Wisconsin wife and the result of the child support hearing the morning of the act, and murdered Barway to cause 'last' Wisconsin wife suffering, it WAS a premeditated act.

What I posted about adoption money benefits, well, I could be wrong about cash payouts, unless the child was special needs. Things like food stamps/support and health care, day care subsidization for need, tho', the child would get. Sorry if I made a mistake.

I need to comment on the benefits thing. I work in social services and have a caseload of folks who do receive benefits. None of these people are living in luxury. Everyone of these people have responsibilities they need to diligently follow in order to qualify and continue receiving . Benefits are not handed out as they once were. Of course not in all cases...but, trust me - the number of "good apples" far far out weigh the bad.

With that said - it would not have benefited the WI ex wife to have him adopt the children if you are thinking getting more benefits. It's the people living in the household that matters not marital status. Not only that but the kid's bio dad (or whomever ) would no longer be responsible for child support after rhe adoption. IF it was being paid why stop it?

I promise I am not being snarky here....just throwing in my experience and opinions. [emoji4]

MMary! Looks like you and I were posting at the same time! Lol

0630am update to news local article http://www.startribune.com/local/west/299584511.html?page=2&c=y

Asked then whether Pierre Collins was cooperating with the investigation, (Chief) Revering said, &#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t call it true cooperation.&#8221; So, Pierre Collins must be holding to his story.....

Thanks for all of the overnight posts! I read that Pierre Collins was booked downtown at the county jail at 0330pm yesterday and is to be charged today.

Is it not true that it is possible that the county attorney will increase the charge to Murder One? I am not understanding why this is NOT a Murder One charge, because even if Pierre Collins was enraged at 'last' Wisconsin wife and the result of the child support hearing the morning of the act, and murdered Barway to cause 'last' Wisconsin wife suffering, it WAS a premeditated act.

What I posted about adoption money benefits, well, I could be wrong about cash payouts, unless the child was special needs. Things like food stamps/support and health care, day care subsidization for need, tho', the child would get. Sorry if I made a mistake.

I think it's possible they will up the charges, but I also think they cannot do that without the COD determined. They need proof of how he died before making heftier charges.

But just knowing the boy died while with his father - and with the cover-up and lies, which indicates the death was not an accident - is enough to charge 2nd degree murder and make it stick, imo.

That's my understanding, anyway. COD will be key.

JMO.

I need to comment on the benefits thing. I work in social services and have a caseload of folks who do receive benefits. None of these people are living in luxury. Everyone of these people have responsibilities they need to diligently follow in order to qualify and continue receiving . Benefits are not handed out as they once were. Of course not in all cases...but, trust me - the number of "good apples" far far out weigh the bad.

With that said - it would not have benefited the WI ex wife to have him adopt the children if you are thinking getting more benefits. It's the people living in the household that matters not marital status. Not only that but the kid's bio dad (or whomever ) would no longer be responsible for child support after rhe adoption. IF it was being paid why stop it?

I promise I am not being snarky here....just throwing in my experience and opinions. [emoji4]

I think the 'last' Wisconsin wife wanted to do a stepmother adoption of Barway BACK WHEN THEY WERE MARRIED, and Pierre would continue to be bio' dad. In MN, child support/county attorney wouldn't agree to let bio' dad 'off the hook' for child support unless the stepparent-proposed-new-parent had money in their pockets to provide amply for the financial support of the child - if proposed-stepparent was indigent, the county attorney would 'oppose' an adoption.

Thanks for your post, Damarna - very informative and so helpful !! All I know is that I live near where Barway lived, and after the disappearance, twice I drove to the apartment complex and around the parking lot on purpose twice, and then, coincidentally when the first 'tw_ _ t' came in about the child's body being found in the Mississippi River, I deliberately drove the route from Barway's apartment to the river, and back. IMO, I see a lot of lower middle class/lower class/poverty stricken West African-seeming person living in many smaller, older '3 story' type apartment buildings, and I just think MN takes care of people with good food stamp benefits and terrific health care and wonderful schools and gorgeous libraries, parks, trails, community centers everywhere - imo. I have further detailed reason to know community Liberians (and Somalians, and Nigerians) on a 1-to-1 basis, and these connections add to my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member