GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does LE still consider this as a voluntary disappearance?

The Crystal Police Department is holding a news conference at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday (central time) to give an update on the case.

To

Thanks for that link. I couldn't find it. Interesting-someone asked if the second picture was surveillance and crystal PD said yes it was his "transportation provider" from school.

The reason I say this is because in my school district (mn but not Crystal) vans are only used for kids in special Ed or alternative education programs. Could speak to some vulnerability/behavior factors.
I was wondering the same thing about a van being transportation for school. My son is special ed but he still takes the yellow bus. We are in the north suburbs. I wonder if he is at a private school or charter.

I was wondering the same thing about a van being transportation for school. My son is special ed but he still takes the yellow bus. We are in the north suburbs. I wonder if he is at a private school or charter.

The reason I mention it is a few years ago at an elementary school I worked for, we had a 6 year old non-verbal girl with severe autism who was picked up by a "care cab" (Contracted with her therapy provider) to pick her up from school and bring her to her therapy daily. Once, she was over two hours late getting from therapy to home,and the company could not tell mom where she/the driver had been or what happened. Needless to say, mom never used them again. As soon as I saw Barway in the van seat, all sorts not good scenarios came to mind. I'll put them aside for now and pray for good news. Come home Barway if you can.

I would think if he were in special ed with any type of severity - his transportation service would not just be dropping him off at a bus stop.

I'm only guessing bus stop bc I would think if he was dropped off at the front door to the apartment complex there might be comments from the driver that they didn't see anything suspicious?

Has there been any mention as to whether the two people in the lobby surveillance were there before or after Barclay appeared opening the door and then turning away?

The reason I mention it is a few years ago at an elementary school I worked for, we had a 6 year old non-verbal girl with severe autism who was picked up by a "care cab" (Contracted with her therapy provider) to pick her up from school and bring her to her therapy daily. Once, she was over two hours late getting from therapy to home,and the company could not tell mom where she/the driver had been or what happened. Needless to say, mom never used them again. As soon as I saw Barway in the van seat, all sorts not good scenarios came to mind. I'll put them aside for now and pray for good news. Come home Barway if you can.
Makes sense

Once upon a time our school district in MN used cabs. I know there is no way they did background checks back then.

I can't imagine any school district in MN using people who are not checked.

But of course, that does not help because we all know that people with bad intents get through the screening process. A criminal is only a criminal when he or she gets caught.

I sure hope so too! best option here... someone knows who he calls "uncle"... or who the folks in the video release are... only a matter of time IMO. hang on kiddo!

Crystal Police: Missing Boy’s Father Is A Suspect
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Crystal police say the father of a missing 10-year-old boy is now considered a suspect in his disappearance. Chief Stephanie Revering said in a press conference Tuesday afternoon that Pierre Collins, father of Barway Collins, has not been honest with police during their investigation. In surveillance video from the bus that Barway was on before his disappearance, Barway is heard saying, “There’s my Dad. And, oh, there’s my uncle.”
Revering says the boy’s father is not in custody, and they are trying to locate his uncle for questioning.
Police are now offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for Barway’s disappearance.
The boy was last seen on March 18 shortly after getting off his school transportation service van near the 5400 block of Douglas Drive North.
pierre-collins-1.jpg

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...k-reward-for-information-in-missing-boy-case/

maybe it's just me and god knows I don't have all the info but I find naming the father a suspect to be a tad irresponsible.

in fact the response from the beginning have been a bit off to me....*sigh* hoping this little guy is safe somewhere.

maybe it's just me and god knows I don't have all the info but I find naming the father a suspect to be a tad irresponsible.

in fact the response from the beginning have been a bit off to me....*sigh* hoping this little guy is safe somewhere.

Maybe poi? I find the boy saying, "there's my dad! There's my uncle" and then disappearing pretty suspect. Remember, the dad said he never saw him after school. Unless of course the boy was lying to his driver, which I guess I can't swallow at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member