MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is really sad. He just wanted to relax and have fun with friends for one evening. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I find it curious that his tie was apparently located near a road.

I hope he's located very soon.
Thank you for the link @ChatteringBirds.

Noting:

... his friends said from seeing the video, Borca seemed to be "in a heavily wooded area." Borca's phone location confirmed he was in a wooded area off Highway 13, the opposite direction to where he lived.

Thank you for the link @ChatteringBirds.

Noting:

... his friends said from seeing the video, Borca seemed to be "in a heavily wooded area." Borca's phone location confirmed he was in a wooded area off Highway 13, the opposite direction to where he lived.
Yes, the area where his phone last ping’d back to the right of Blue Cross Riverpark building and dead end of Yankee west of 13 is all wooded. I would assume the police had the dogs all over back there.

In one news report, I think when they suspended the search but said they would continue to look for ‘information’, the following was published, which still concerns me…not sure what it could be? But my head keeps coming back to it and that there is something more going on. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.
Any thoughts?
  • The Chief won't say exactly what police think happened to Bryce except they have a bit of information that they're keeping quiet out of respect for his family.

In one news report, I think when they suspended the search but said they would continue to look for ‘information’, the following was published, which still concerns me…not sure what it could be? But my head keeps coming back to it and that there is something more going on. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.
Any thoughts?
  • The Chief won't say exactly what police think happened to Bryce except they have a bit of information that they're keeping quiet out of respect for his family.

I think this was written before the search warrant became public (nothing nefarious suggested, they wanted his electronics to see if his phone had synced info or something). IMO the info about being intoxicated to the point of trying to open the door on the moving Lyft, etc may have been what the Chief was referring to. The report says they found video from a business of Bryce walking alone that night, and there was no indication he was in “crisis”… it really all seems to point towards a terrible accident.

I think this was written before the search warrant became public (nothing nefarious suggested, they wanted his electronics to see if his phone had synced info or something). IMO the info about being intoxicated to the point of trying to open the door on the moving Lyft, etc may have been what the Chief was referring to. The report says they found video from a business of Bryce walking alone that night, and there was no indication he was in “crisis”… it really all seems to point towards a terrible accident.
Being intoxicated was my original thought, but what 23 year out partying isn’t drunk? Like I said, maybe I’m reading more into it than intended, or just trying to make some sense of all the crickets the past few days.

Just saw this thread! So sad! I sure hope he is found. It seems like he should be able to be found…
The area off Hwy 13 where he was last heard from has businesses, but not the usual type frequented. Behind the businesses is junk terrain and holding ponds. If he was intoxicated, I would think he would have stumbled and fallen pretty quickly. Gun Club Lake about abuts the area.

Any thoughts?

BBM, What are they getting at? Leaves a lot to the imagination IMO.

He FaceTimed <friends>, told them he was lost and phone was dead, and they went on foot to look for him. Apparently gave up and then didn’t call the police until 10-11 the next morning. If they had called the cops at 3am, I’m sure the police with lights or whatever could have found him before he trekked far back towards the river or wherever he went. Those 7 hours did not help him. But they were likely drunk and not thinking either. The guilt the friends have must be overwhelming. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is he fell into a holding pond. Why aren't these being dredged? Why stop the search when it seems obvious he headed west into rugged terrain off Hwy 13? Snow and freezing are coming soon. He needs to be found.
I agree. I would hope they are combing through all the water areas, but they haven’t said what exactly they are doing to find him, and stopped the ground search. I don’t understand why either, if they know he is back there somewhere.

I was referring mainly to 13 and Yankee Doodle which are lit all the way, and even moreso once you hit 35E. It is the main reason I can't understand why he would walk into the marsh/woods heading west and not towards the lights, he knows he lives on the mall and would have to cross the highway.
If he crossed thru the woods into the river valley terrain, maybe he saw the lights of Bloomington and was heading towards those? Hard to know what he was thinking or doing when intoxicated.

Question: If the police believe he is somewhere in the marshes/water and it has now turned to recovery rather than rescue, does the search get handed over to someone else? Is that why no updates from Eagan PD? I don’t know how this all works, and trying to figure out the lack of communication from LE.

Question: If the police believe he is somewhere in the marshes/water and it has now turned to recovery rather than rescue, does the search get handed over to someone else? Is that why no updates from Eagan PD? I don’t know how this all works, and trying to figure out the lack of communication from LE.
It doesn't make sense to me why this isn't getting much attention and why there isn't more involvement from LE. Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about? I've had a slight feeling that maybe LE uncovered something that we haven't been told about yet.

Yeah, he FaceTimed them, told them he was lost and phone was dead, and they went on foot to look for him. Apparently gave up and then didn’t call the police until 10-11 the next morning. If they had called the cops at 3am, I’m sure the police with lights or whatever could have found him before he trekked far back towards the river or wherever he went. Those 7 hours did not help him. But they were likely drunk and not thinking either. The guilt the friends have must be overwhelming. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Totally… but that must be hard on the family to know this.
It reminds me of Alonzo Brooks in a way where his friends left him but he was in a “safer” situation than Bryce IMO.

Totally… but that must be hard on the family to know this.
It reminds me of Alonzo Brooks in a way where his friends left him but he was in a “safer” situation than Bryce IMO.
Yes. What I don’t get is them looking for him on foot since he shared his location, then giving up and not calling the police, knowing he was lost and his phone was dead. But don’t think we will ever figure out drunk decisions/actions. I am guessing his friends are going to need some MH therapy ☹️

IMO
Still investigating I assume.
Unless closed searching is happening... recovery will be happening.
I tried hard not to come to his thread today because I needed a MH break. Just the thought of him out there is literally killing me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565
Back