GUILTY MN - Danielle Jelinek, 27, Chisago Lakes Twp, 8 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Schnagl drug case holds clues in Oakdale woman's disappearance

That is also the case with the trio of Schnagl’s friends, said Chisago County Sheriff Rick Duncan. Investigators say the three scrambled to remove and hide a valuable cache of drugs from Schnagl’s house while Schnagl was being questioned about Jelinek at the Sheriff’s Office, and before a search warrant could be executed.

About 12 pounds of marijuana, packed and sealed for sale, were found in a BMW parked in Schnagl’s garage, according to the complaint, prompting the two lesser charges. A few days later, a cache of drugs that included 23 grams of cocaine worth about $2,500 was found at the Ham Lake residence.

A second friend, also an admitted drug dealer, told investigators he went to Schnagl’s house on Dec. 9, retrieved the duffel bag, and brought it to the home of the third man. That friend then put the duffel bag inside several plastic garbage bags and buried it in a snowbank next to his home.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/192179601.html?refer=y

more at link

Would be worth offering immunity to one of the drug dealers to flip, if they have info that would lead to a conviction.

Would be worth offering immunity to one of the drug dealers to flip, if they have info that would lead to a conviction.

I hope that indeed happens. Danielle needs to be brought home so her family may have some sort of peace.

"The drug charges filed against Schnagl last December stemmed from searches of his home in the 11200 block of 261st Street in the hours after Jelinek’s family reported her missing, then another search a few days later at a Ham Lake residence linked to one of Schnagl’s friends."

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/192179601.html?refer=y

Have they searched Ham Lake yet? Because the Tribune makes it sound like they were only looking for drugs..I could have mis-read that too.

A whole community involved and not one person knows where she is. Spring Spring please melt the snow and hearts of others.. and give us new clues.

Just read a comment on the FB search page. Hopefully they'll set up a paypal account to raise more money, I'd donate.

2 charged with hiding drugs on day Jelinek vanished

Two associates of Aaron Schnagl, whom investigators call a person of interest in the Dec. 9 disappearance of Danielle Jelinek, have been charged in Chisago County District Court for allegedly hiding illegal drugs taken from his house the day she was reported missing.

Joshua W. Jeans, 32, of Stacy, and Curt E. Bennett, 41, of Wyoming, have each been charged with two felony second- and fifth-degree drug counts after investigators say they removed and hid a duffel bag from Schnagl’s Chisago Lake Township home containing 23 grams of cocaine, more than 9 pounds of marijuana and a variety of pills.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/199962991.html

A whole community involved and not one person knows where she is. Spring Spring please melt the snow and hearts of others.. and give us new clues.

I hope so too!

Hopefully, someone will start "singing" soon (besides the spring birds).

Prayers to Danielle's family and friends.

2 charged with hiding drugs on day Jelinek vanished

Two associates of Aaron Schnagl, whom investigators call a person of interest in the Dec. 9 disappearance of Danielle Jelinek, have been charged in Chisago County District Court for allegedly hiding illegal drugs taken from his house the day she was reported missing.

Joshua W. Jeans, 32, of Stacy, and Curt E. Bennett, 41, of Wyoming, have each been charged with two felony second- and fifth-degree drug counts after investigators say they removed and hid a duffel bag from Schnagl’s Chisago Lake Township home containing 23 grams of cocaine, more than 9 pounds of marijuana and a variety of pills.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/199962991.html
Good news...

Hopefully these two guys will turn on AS... And let LE know more information regarding Danielle!

:please:

Still trying to "Do a Good Thing" for Dani when I can, no matter how small.

Please let these guys speak out. Or someone. Someone knows

First day of being a member of the websleuths community & I'm just so happy that there are so many people who care. Danielle is the one who brought me to this site, one of my good friends from high school was very close with Danielle and is the one running her fb page. I hope & pray that she will be found soon & it saddens me that so many young women go missing while in the presence of people who supposedly care for them. I'm excited to contribute to this site and its cause. :)

First day of being a member of the websleuths community & I'm just so happy that there are so many people who care. Danielle is the one who brought me to this site, one of my good friends from high school was very close with Danielle and is the one running her fb page. I hope & pray that she will be found soon & it saddens me that so many young women go missing while in the presence of people who supposedly care for them. I'm excited to contribute to this site and its cause. :)

:wagon: Wcp! :welcome:

We are so glad you have joined us in searching for Danielle! :smile:

Kudos to your friend running Danielle's FB page! :rocker:

:seeya:

I was a little discouraged when I read that searches for Danielle were delayed until the ice melts...

But then I thought... Maybe that time is not too far away! :please:

When does the ice melt usually in this area?

And.... when do you locals expect the ice to start melting?

Since it is now Spring... I am hoping it won't be very long!

:praying: for Danielle and those who love her!

Snipped from mikkismom's link above:

"We have certain tips that we get that we can't search right now, like the bodies of water or in the mounds of snow," Chisago County Sheriff Rick Duncan said Tuesday, April 2. "We did our best to check those already, but until the snow's gone, you can't rule all that out. That's the frustrating part of it. I don't want to say we're in a holding pattern, but we sort of are, due to Mother Nature."

Sad . . . and those quotes made me think of frozen Vallecito Lake in Dylan Redwine's case. :(

Welcome, although sorry for the circumstances that bring you here... Please tell your friend that Danielle is being thought about around the world, and we hope she is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11
Back