GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm curious if some of the Chauvin supporters watched the trial and the entire video that Darnella Frazier recorded. If after watching both, you still support Chauvin that is scary and sad. I truly think people who support him after have some kind of personality disorder. Watching that for a neurotypical human stirs discomfort, empathy, sadness, and many more feelings.

It isn't ok to be ok with watching a man being slowly killed for 9 minutes.

I don't think it's fair to say "Chauvin supporters". I watched every minute of this trial, and every second of that video (and others). I can think something is "morally wrong" and it's still not "legally wrong". JMO

I am quite disappointed that people are calling Chauvin a scapegoat. He is guilty of kneeling on a man even after his death, then showed complete disrespect for the man he had just killed by dragging him up by the handcuffs and slamming him down, while the EMT was trying to work on him. He is no scapegoat. He is a man guilty of murder.
Accompanied by people who had been trained just weeks earlier and also carried on- you can blame one person- or question why he behaved like this and why new recruits also behaved like this- it’s endemic, they denied it in court, but the evidence is there that they did train people to react like that. Those 4 cops didn’t receive the same initial training, and if we give them the get out clause of they were newly qualified and intimidated- then why on earth do your police not include how to whistle blow in basic training???????

I am with you, 100,000%. If he had been acquitted, many would say that the jury followed the facts but today it seems like it is important to imply that it was pressure or emotions. I watched the trial. I saw the evidence--all of it. I agree with the verdict because the killer was heartless, continued to kneel on him like a bear does on its prey--not changing his position even when asked. Never rendered help. Used a non-authorized hold. And, when he heard he had no pulse, his face looked as blank as it did today-- stone, cold. Guilty, I agree.

I completely agree. The state proved the case. The elements were all proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Darnella is so incredibly brave <3

Teen Who Filmed George Floyd's Death Reacts to Guilty Chauvin Verdict.

17-year-old Darnella Frazier just reacted to the news Chauvin was found guilty on all 3 counts, and now faces a max sentence of 40 years. She says, "I just cried so hardThis last hour my heart was beating so fast, I was so anxious, anxiety bussing through the roof. But to know GUILTY ON ALL 3 CHARGES !!! THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUGeorge Floyd we did it!!❤️❤️❤️❤️justice has been served"

Accompanied by people who had been trained just weeks earlier and also carried on- you can blame one person- or question why he behaved like this and why new recruits also behaved like this- it’s endemic, they denied it in court, but the evidence is there that they did train people to react like that. Those 4 cops didn’t receive the same initial training, and if we give them the get out clause of they were newly qualified and intimidated- then why on earth do your police not include how to whistle blow in basic training???????

But the new recruits did not act the same. One of them reminded Chauvin twice about the recovery position, the other one took George's pulse twice. They removed themselves from George's unconscious body. One of them performed CPR in the ambulance.

They had also cancelled the call for backup once they worked out how to deal with their problem, and the park police person was there to watch the other car.

They deferred to the training officer, the senior officer who came to the scene even though the call for backup was cancelled.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion I’m sure- but he’s been made a scapegoat- for years of police brutality being below the radar and whilst I think people should be punished for their crime- sadly in this case one person is being punished whilst many, many more ( who are also more highly paid) are wiping their brows and thanking god this is over. Sorry the government should be doing a much more in depth inquiry into why he thought this approach was ok, and even if he is found to be a volatile cop, who was responsible who was supervising him. Yaaayyyyyy we caught the guy at the very bottom of a very perverse pyramid. Hmmmmmmm- all my own opinion ( I understand it’s won’t be a popular one in most of the US, so don’t like and just scroll by, I just needed to air my views and everyone else here is asleep)

No one ever said an opinion has to be popular! It's an opinion.

But I don't get the scapegoat thing. Either he did it or he didn't.

If people kept speeding down my street, and I couldn't pull out of my driveway---neither could my neighbors, and we all started writing letters to the editor, showing up at council meetings, picketing the local police saying: Stop The Speeders! Stop the Speeders!

And then, at last, the police came to my street and picked off a person exceeding the speed limit...

Is that person a scape goat? Taking one for those who came before them? I don't think so. It that person was speeding, that person was speeding. They have to save their story for the judge, and the judge does not care how mad people on my street were because others have gotten away with speeding in the past.

The speeder was either speeding or was not.

The defendant either murdered or did not.

But the new recruits did not act the same. One of them reminded Chauvin twice about the recovery position, the other one took George's pulse twice. They removed themselves from George's unconcious body.

They had also cancelled the call for backup once they worked out how to deal with their problem, and the park police person was there to watch the other car.

They deferred to the training officer, the senior officer who came to the scene even though the call for backup was cancelled.
Yet the outcome was the outcome- fairly sure if I was with three of my colleagues and we disagreed with one person we could argue our case

Darnella is so incredibly brave <3

Teen Who Filmed George Floyd's Death Reacts to Guilty Chauvin Verdict.

17-year-old Darnella Frazier just reacted to the news Chauvin was found guilty on all 3 counts, and now faces a max sentence of 40 years. She says, "I just cried so hardThis last hour my heart was beating so fast, I was so anxious, anxiety bussing through the roof. But to know GUILTY ON ALL 3 CHARGES !!! THANK YOU GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUGeorge Floyd we did it!!❤️❤️❤️❤️justice has been served"
Bless her heart! She’s the one who got this verdict by recording that video. I hope that these guilties help her somehow move forward and see that although she couldn’t pull Chauvin off of George to save him, she got him justice.

No one ever said an opinion has to be popular! It's an opinion.

But I don't get the scapegoat thing. Either he did it or he didn't.

If people kept speeding down my street, and I couldn't pull out of my driveway---neither could my neighbors, and we all started writing letters to the editor, showing up at council meetings, picketing the local police saying: Stop The Speeders! Stop the Speeders!

And then, at last, the police came to my street and picked off a person exceeding the speed limit...

Is that person a scape goat? Taking one for those who came before them? I don't think so. It that person was speeding, that person was speeding. They have to save their story for the judge, and the judge does not care how mad people on my street were because others have gotten away with speeding in the past.

The speeder was either speeding or was not.

The defendant either murdered or did not.
If a police car is speeding in response to a call and hit a person are they guilty or not?

Yet the outcome was the outcome- fairly sure if I was with three of my colleagues and we disagreed with one person we could argue our case

Yes, though in the military and in the police forces they are taught to defer to their senior officers. This is generally essential in times of crisis, when rapid response is important.
If there are complaints, they happen afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member