GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minneapolis Community Comes Together as Derek Chauvin Is Found Guilty in George Floyd's Death - E! Online

The Minneapolis residents rallied together to pay tribute to the life and legacy of Floyd.

Floyd's girlfriend, Courtney Ross .... "He changed my world. He changed the world. He changed everybody's."

Floyd's brother, Terrence Floyd .... "I am grateful my mother, my grandmother, my aunts, they got to see history made. Every day of my life I will salute him, because he showed me how to be strong, he showed how to be respectful, he showed me how to speak my mind. What a day to be a Floyd."

Chauvin's verdict, on all three counts, isn't a good sign for the other three officers.

I hope that's not the case . Lane asked if GF should be turned on his side and his mentor\superior said no. Same with the other two..the one that was guarding the vehicle that GF was driving couldn't have known and neither could the other one. IMO

I hope that's not the case . Lane asked if GF should be turned on his side and his mentor\superior said no. Same with the other two..the one that was guarding the vehicle that GF was driving couldn't have known and neither could the other one. IMO

I don't know, maybe since their trial is not for awhile. Maybe it will sort of fizz out, not unlike the Freddy Gray situation.

Mayor of Columbus :

@MayorGinther
This verdict is the best outcome following the tragic and unnecessary loss of life. It brings some measure of justice for those who knew and loved George Floyd, but it will not restore his life . . .

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Please if anyone sees any interviews with jurors it would be great to post. I think there will be some. Maybe as a group those that want to talk...given the verdict they might be comfortable...but maybe not.

“It was a murder in full light of day, and it ripped the blinders off for the whole world to see,” Mr. Biden said of the death of George Floyd

“This can be a giant step forward in the march toward justice in America,” Mr. Biden said during his address.

On Tuesday afternoon, the White House canceled an earlier speech Mr. Biden had planned to deliver on his infrastructure plan so that he could watch the verdict come in alongside Kamala Harris

In the minutes before the verdict was delivered, White House aides were sprinting through the West Wing, phones in hand, and setting up a podium for Mr. Biden to deliver his remarks alongside Ms. Harris in Cross Hall.

“Here’s the truth about racial injustice,” Ms Harris said. “It is not just a Black America problem or a people of color problem. It is a problem for every American. It is keeping us from fulfilling the promise of liberty and justice for all, and it is holding our nation back from realizing our full potential.”

Speaking at the White House, President Biden recalled George Floyd’s daughter, Gianna Floyd, telling him, “Daddy changed the world.”

Derek Chauvin Trial Live Updates: Chauvin Found Guilty of Murdering George Floyd

Contrary to popular belief, I do cry ;)

Along with others, I've cried a million tears for many others and for George Floyd and his family because, although different circumstances, I know what it is like to lose a child due to someone else's negligence in their duty of care, and hearts that were too small. Like my son, I believe had George been the Mayor of Small Town or Big City America, knowingly or unwittingly passing a counterfeit $20 bill, he would be alive today.

I think many of us have a George Floyd in our lives ... they may not be a Mayor, but they are a person we love regardless of their human failings that are just different than our own human failings. None of us deserves to die because of those failings.

I will never forget, almost to his last breath, George still referring to DC with respect as Mr. Officer.

Tonite I'm in tears to see the crowds milling about, thousands who seem to be able to breathe easier and feel at peace because justice has been seen to be done. Justice can never bring their loved one back or be enough for those who loved George Floyd, but maybe this will finally be the catalyst for the winds of change that America and other countries so badly need.

Rest in Peace, Mr. George Floyd.

Do American police forces do psychological testing when looking for recruits?
e

Only some of them do. I've done field testing for one large agency, but not a single one of the local city departments in the same county do the testing.

When I first started working with LE, about 20 years ago, as a teacher and consultant, several agencies on the West Coast were using the MMPI - and looking for people who scored higher in masculinity and in a trait that is associated with antisocial behavior.

Because hypermasculinity, tough guys make good cops? The person who hired me was very forward-thinking - and wanted to change that. He also wanted to give women a chance at police work and believed they would make the entire department better through their influence. He also had really strict rules about their training and 4 years of what was basically probation before they could be in a squad car.

IME, that's unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member