MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm bit of an inconsistency there.

Saw a pill in the back of the squad car. When asked why she didn't collect it her answer paraphrased - 'at the time I didn't have any information that I was looking for a pill, it was in the back of a squad, it could have come off a shoe'... She had just previously testified that she processed GF's car - the same day before processing the squad - and collected two pills from that car. Find it odd she would see the pill and choose not to collect it...

Crime scene techs don’t collect every single thing in a scene. It makes sense that she would find the pills in GFs car relevant just from a thoroughness perspective but a squad car where someone else may have been in right before will have irrelevant items. It could’ve been introduced into the scene prior to the encounter. But the shoes and blood are obviously relevant. I think if she was told drugs were a factor she would’ve def collected it. I think defense will naturally make a meal out of this but it’s a nothing burger imo.

Yes it is Floyd's centre console, well the one he was driving.

Edited: Ah I get your point post editing!

Yeah, but if I borrow my husband's car to go up the street to the store, that's all HIS stuff in that console, not mine. And even if it is my car we're in, sometimes he puts stuff in MY center console in MY car, so I don't know that anything in a center console is owned by the driver unless the law says so.

I know if I'm pulled over, they'll attribute it to me, but for the purposes of this case, I just want to know personally for myself because I question if it's GF's stuff regardless of the law. Jurors might, too, if they don't know the law and aren't asked to apply the law on this instance.

Crime scene techs don’t collect every single thing in a scene. It makes sense that she would find the pills in GFs car relevant just from a thoroughness perspective but a squad car where someone else may have been in right before will have irrelevant items. It could’ve been introduced into the scene prior to the encounter. But the shoes and blood are obviously relevant. I think if she was told drugs were a factor she would’ve def collected it. I think defense will naturally make a meal out of this but it’s a nothing burger imo.

Since the BCA took the squad car to be processed I think it shows sloppy work. But, that's JMO.

What do you mean "his center console?" Did he borrow the car or not?

Excuse me. Your original question was "that car isn't floyd's right?" As you were asking in response to my comment related to a specific exhibit of something inside a car, I interpreted your question as the car pictured in the exhibit wasn't floyds. You have since edited your post to clarify your question.

I do not personally know if the car is Floyd's or if it was borrowed.

Yeah, but if I borrow my husband's car to go up the street to the store, that's all HIS stuff in that console, not mine. And even if it is my car we're in, sometimes he puts stuff in MY center console in MY car, so I don't know that anything in a center console is owned by the driver unless the law says so.

I know if I'm pulled over, they'll attribute it to me, but for the purposes of this case, I just want to know personally for myself because I question if it's GF's stuff regardless of the law. Jurors might, too, if they don't know the law and aren't asked to apply the law on this instance.

You are held responsible for something in your general vicinity but not on your person, whether you knew about it or not. This is called “constructive possession.”

Fortunately, most states still require the state to show that you knew, or should have known, about the drugs or gun in order to constructively possess them. So, drugs in a center console may be a tricky problem, given that they were concealed from plain view and you would not necessarily have reason to go searching through the console on a regular basis. Had they been left in a cup holder or on the floor, it would probably be much clearer.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/w...ble-for-drugs-or-guns-that-aren-t-yours-31626

You are held responsible for something in your general vicinity but not on your person, whether you knew about it or not. This is called “constructive possession.”

Fortunately, most states still require the state to show that you knew, or should have known, about the drugs or gun in order to constructively possess them. So, drugs in a center console may be a tricky problem, given that they were concealed from plain view and you would not necessarily have reason to go searching through the console on a regular basis. Had they been left in a cup holder or on the floor, it would probably be much clearer.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/w...ble-for-drugs-or-guns-that-aren-t-yours-31626

Thanks. That helps.

So the pills were around average fentanyl purity for street strength. Methamphetamine purity of between 1.9-2.9%, usual street purity seen is 99-100%. Nothing further from the prosecution for the forensic chemist and it seemed like nelson declined to cross examine for some reason, back tomorrow morning.

So unless he ingested methamphetamine from another source, he wasn’t ODing on methamphetamine from those pills. How many of them would he have had to have taken to get the levels found in his system at autopsy? Maybe that’s a question for the toxicologist. The fentanyl wasn’t more powerful that she would have found in any other fentanyl street pill, in other words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV