MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just doesn’t seem to fit the context of the conversation to me, though.
Did Nelson ask her about hooping? I didn’t listen to her evidence.

Nelson asked his girlfriend on the stand how he took the pills they did together the week prior. She said he swallowed them. There was a reason why he asked her that question.

I still have one cheek on the fence and I'm not completely sold on "hooping" meaning drugs or basketball yet.

I think that perhaps the reason the liquid has been mentioned at this stage is to help refute testimony about GF being dead at this time.

I think it was GH (the FF/EMT) who testified that she saw what she thought was urine coming from Mr Floyd's body as he lay on the ground, and she used that to infer that he was already dead, and that DC had KILLED him.

Disputing that it was urine, and instead AC, or other condensate, helps to add uncertainty about when EXACTLY Mr Floyd died, and therefore could be seen to lessen DC's culpability, and further reasonable doubt IMO.

I'm not passing judgement on it either way, but I think that is what they are getting at. We will see...
Don’t see how that makes a difference. The body cam evidence clearly shows the point at which GF stopped moving, which is likely to be when he lost consciousness prior to death. What am I missing?

Reactions: BUF
I think that perhaps the reason the liquid has been mentioned at this stage is to help refute testimony about GF being dead at this time.

I think it was GH (the FF/EMT) who testified that she saw what she thought was urine coming from Mr Floyd's body as he lay on the ground, and she used that to infer that he was already dead, and that DC had KILLED him.

Disputing that it was urine, and instead AC, or other condensate, helps to add uncertainty about when EXACTLY Mr Floyd died, and therefore could be seen to lessen DC's culpability, and further reasonable doubt IMO.

I'm not passing judgement on it either way, but I think that is what they are getting at. We will see...
I agree that this is what Nelson is trying to use, just don’t know if it went anywhere.

IMO those continual time stamped photos shown today, one after another, showed there was no life left in GF’s limp body.

Don’t see how that makes a difference. The body cam evidence clearly shows the point at which GF stopped moving, which is likely to be when he lost consciousness prior to death. What am I missing?

I don't think that it makes a big difference overall. Often when a person (or animal) dies, the urinary and anal sphincters relax, and there can be involuntary urination or defecation.

I have seen where Mr Floyd stops moving, and appears to lose consciousness from the bodycam footage.
Of course, without full vital sign monitoring, and/or a doctor on scene, we cannot be sure when Mr Floyd actually died.

If he was in fact alive, but unconscious in those last few minutes, perhaps it could be argued that the slow EMS response contributed in some way to to his death (delay to reach ultimate care at the hospital), which could possibly be used to lessen DC's culpability in the death of GF. I am just trying to think through possible defense strategies, and NOT agreeing/disagreeing either way (MOO).

I was actually surprised that Nelson did not object strongly to the FF/EMT, or either paramedics stating that GF was dead at the scene, as none of them have the training or legal ability to declare death (without consulting a physician) AFIK.

Hmm bit of an inconsistency there.

Saw a pill in the back of the squad car. When asked why she didn't collect it her answer paraphrased - 'at the time I didn't have any information that I was looking for a pill, it was in the back of a squad, it could have come off a shoe'... She had just previously testified that she processed GF's car - the same day before processing the squad - and collected two pills from that car. Find it odd she would see the pill and choose not to collect it...

FWIW - we still don't have confirmation on what GF meant by "hooping".

I don't know if GF meant this, but "hooping" in terms of drugs means rectally. A drug enema, I guess. Maybe that's why they were asking about drugs in the rectum or something the other day.

I don't think that it makes a big difference overall. Often when a person (or animal) dies, the urinary and anal sphincters relax, and there can be involuntary urination or defecation.

I have seen where Mr Floyd stops moving, and appears to lose consciousness from the bodycam footage.
Of course, without full vital sign monitoring, and/or a doctor on scene, we cannot be sure when Mr Floyd actually died.

If he was in fact alive, but unconscious in those last few minutes, perhaps it could be argued that the slow EMS response contributed in some way to to his death (delay to reach ultimate care at the hospital), which could possibly be used to lessen DC's culpability in the death of GF. I am just trying to think through possible defense strategies, and NOT agreeing/disagreeing either way (MOO).

I was actually surprised that Nelson did not object strongly to the FF/EMT, or either paramedics stating that GF was dead at the scene, as none of them have the training or legal ability to declare death (without consulting a physician) AFIK.

We see when he stops breathing on one of the officer cams, and in fact, they were monitoring it. I believe Lang was, and they actively checked and got no pulse. EMT time delay has nothing to do with them choosing not to act when they got no pulse.

Is the strap located on the back seat of squad car they keep showing a hobble?

Okay, but someone asked today what Hooping was. I'm not allowed to mention it if I wasn't here talking several days ago?

Yes, by all means talk away. :)

I was saying we discussed it several days ago in case anyone cared to go back to look at previous conversations surrounding this topic.

I didn’t know that suboxone was found in the car before this.

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1379895127301230592

#DerekChauvinTrial - Unopened package of suboxone and close up pic of two pills in the console.
@LawCrimeNetwork

View attachment 291747

View attachment 291748

for anyone unfamiliar with suboxone:
Suboxone Addiction and Abuse Treatments

Just to check and clarify we haven't heard whether or not those pills located in Ex 149 were suboxone have we?

Edited to correct. 1 packet open, 1 packet was unopened.

Last edited:
Just to check and clarify we haven't heard whether or not those pills located in Ex 149 were suboxone have we?

I also believe she testified that all packets found were empty.

Life has me behind on the trial today. That car isn't Floyd's, right? He borrowed it, right?

Life has me behind on the trial today. That car isn't Floyd's, right? He borrowed it, right?

I believe so.

I think that maybe it was from one of the other officers interview or bodycam transcript??

Thanks, yes I see that may be the strategy. But just leads to the question of why DC offered no care whatsoever to a dying person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV