MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #15 - Chauvin Trial Day 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think state is going to rip this guy apart....I mean they turned down his "services"...wonder if they can bring that up?
Did the defense bring that up? Because if they did during direct I’m thinking they can on cross? Jmo

This is one officer I would not want to get stopped by, he seems very fond of his pain causing maneuvers.
Me neither, he seems a little intimidating. He said officers might not put a person in the recovery position if there were "space limitations" or if there was a crowd. I would think they have to deal with those things all the time.

Excellent point! Perhaps Chauvin was just tuning out EVERYONE as you state as an example! Do you think he has a mental disease or defect? That he didn't understand Keung, Lane, the crowd as he was....????

Including those that only yelled when GF was in distress, when Lane and Keung said no pulse/should we turn him.

WHOA!

What do you think made you in that situation would tune you out? I have never even considered that Chauvin didn't understand the crowd and what they are saying.

Perhaps the defense missed an opportunity to slam this one down... but I guess that is where they are going that he mentally didn't hear the first 3 minutes, and he has an issue that cannot process him staring at folks directly when they call him out for on his neck, he isn't responding, he can't breathe.

I don't think this characterization of Chauvin as a .... ummm... how to say... a challenged person??? could be a police officer for so long.

MOO.
I think the defense did miss an opportunity here, but I’m not sure how the jury would have received it.

I don’t think he is/was challenged. I think people handle highly stressful situations differently and even from day to day. I think it’s possible he became distracted by everything going on and tuned out what was being said around him. I’m not sure distracted is even the word. I think this witness said it best, you should have your head on a swivel. Be aware of everything going on around you. And it’s a lot. It can be overwhelming no matter how experienced or well trained you are. Ten minutes can seem like 30 seconds OR it can seem like 7 days. I honestly don’t know what was going through DC’s mind, no one can know but him. I try to put myself in his shoes and I can only imagine what I might have done.

I really do believe this witness said best what I’ve tried explaining a couple of times.

I think Nelson better step it up if he wants to sway the jury.
This "use of force expert" sold the jury short.
IMO, I don't think that many think the cops were out of line cuffing and bringing Floyd to the ground, but he never got to the part where his knee was on his neck. That's when everything went wrong. Everything before that was inline with their training.

Me neither, he seems a little intimidating. He said officers might not put a person in the recovery position if there were "space limitations" or if there was a crowd. I would think they have to deal with those things all the time.
Problem here is though.. wasn’t much of a crowd. And they were on a public street with lots of space.

Problem here is though.. wasn’t much of a crowd. And they were on a public street with lots of space.
the videos we saw this morning with everything going on...the buses continued to run...the traffic was steady...people actually walking by and probably thinking just another day at Cup....it all seemed like a relaxed holiday afternoon. I was amazed at how "normal" it looked....a few bystanders watching another take down at Cup...I am sure it happens all the time in that area...just this one got out of control.

the videos we saw this morning with everything going on...the buses continued to run...the traffic was steady...people actually walking by and probably thinking just another day at Cup....it all seemed like a relaxed holiday afternoon. I was amazed at how "normal" it looked....a few bystanders watching another take down at Cup...I am sure it happens all the time in that area...just this one got out of control.
Still they had plenty of space.

Schleicher: I believe you testified that the defendants conduct of restraining Mr. Floyd in the prone position on the ground, handcuffed, was not a use of force.
Brodd: That's correct.

S: And at some point, the defendant is on top of him. Is that right?
B: He had is knee on him, I'm not sure if I would describe that as being on top of him.

Schleicher then calls up this exhibit and asks Q’s to confirm he was “on top.”

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382049230659915776?s=21

S: Are you aware at this point in time that the defendant's right knee is also on top of Mr. Floyd?
B: I believe it was on his arm or to the side of his body.
S: You believe it was on his arm. B: Yes.
S: On, on top of him, though.
B: Right, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads