MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will testify. So, if not and this is the last witness for the defense will the judge move up closing arguments to tomorrow and give the jurors their instructions which will start sequestration before the weekend?
I think closing arguments will be Monday regardless. Judge already told the jurors to back their bags on the weekend.

Anyone think Chauvin will testify? I doubt it but I did just think of something very interesting....what if he did, would Nelson be able to ask something that elicits Derek to say he initially agreed to a plea deal with 3rd degree but DOJ wouldn't agree to that? THAT would cause quite a circus I imagine
I don’t think he will if they’re gonna rest today. IMO

I’m very torn on this. As I’m sure DC and the defense are too. I think it’s about his only real hope at this point. But mercy would it be a circus and I’m not sure I’d trust Nelson to represent me if I were in his shoes and decided to testify on my own behalf. Nelson’s done a decent job, but I’m not sure he’s a match for the prosecution.
TAlking heads are saying no way because of the videos...nothing he can say will overcome these. I tend to agree with that.

I’m very torn on this. As I’m sure DC and the defense are too. I think it’s about his only real hope at this point. But mercy would it be a circus and I’m not sure I’d trust Nelson to represent me if I were in his shoes and decided to testify on my own behalf. Nelson’s done a decent job, but I’m not sure he’s a match for the prosecution.
TAlking heads are saying no way because of the videos...nothing he can say will overcome these. I tend to agree with that.
I don't think he will testify. So, if not and this is the last witness for the defense will the judge move up closing arguments to tomorrow and give the jurors their instructions which will start sequestration before the weekend?
i heard state has rebuttal.

Are we doing more hypotheticals?? I’m confused

i heard state has rebuttal.
I’m curious as to who they’ll call for rebuttal. Which side is the last side that the jury hears before closing arguments?

Wow is Nelson serious with the question about getting paid vs not getting paid?

I'm confused by this. If GF had no pulse when the EMS picked him up, are you saying it might be EMS's fault for being unable to get his pulse back? I'm under the impression that he didn't have a pulse when they got to him. Isn't that correct?
Yes, that's correct the EMT testified no pulse. I was unaware information after the event at the police car was off limits. My mistake.

This is the first time I think Nelson is really holding his own and poking holes with just some of the context [like this affidavit and retracted statements] that the State tried to bring up. Don't think it'll turn a likely conviction around but good for him. He now seems to be showing how much (like any side can do) can really selectively focus in on just the specific information they want and hope to elicit from a witness and exclude other stuff.

Same! There is nothing he can say to make it better. If he testifies, he will be assuring a conviction on all charges! The state’s case is pretty strong and I believe an unbiased jury would convict on 2nd degree murder. But Nelson has to bank on one or two jurors who may be sympathetic to LE and refuse to convict on the murder counts.

See ETA on the post as I wasn't clear at first. MOO
I did, thank you !!! Makes perfect sense after reading. I've not been as attentive as I would have liked, for this trial. Family, friends deaths, surgeries and more have limited my time.
Everyone is so great to help me catch up, keep me on the right track legally and reference videos. Amazing WSers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member