MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Schleicher is a very interesting lawyer..I really like him as a cross examiner. The looks as mentioned above as this witness was saying such bizarre things were priceless...he almost shrugged his shoulders like "I can't argue with this fool" and he would move on. I bet that did not go unnoticed by the jury.
I know! Not at all laughing at the seriousness of the trial, but I have to laugh at the insanity of this "expert" and SS's responses.

Court is now in session. With motions..

ETAs, to follow within 60 minutes edit time for folks who come in late or are at work or ? that cannot listen to.....

As Always MOO- defense submits that state has failed to establish - asks court for judgment of acquittal

Per Defense-
1) use of force - all contradict each other (someone else can rewind and transcribe if they want, or MSM will capture later?)
2) medical evidence doesn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt his cause of death. (referring to Dr. Baker suggested something much different and that GFs heart couldn't stand the stress...)

DENIED by judge

Next up.. counsel for Mr. Hall .... aka Mr. 5th amendment person... he's not ready... so will reconvene in 3 minutes o_O which is the scheduled time

ETA: He is present in court, he has two attys. His counsel says he cannot answer any questions that were presented as would incriminate him. Mr. Hall cannot answer as he was in car where twice drugs were found. It could turn into constructive possession of those drugs. Also, to put him in car opens him up to third degree murder charges re drugs. (e.d. Assume all understand such about this third degree murder exposure, if not, let me know and I'll *bump*)

Judge asking Mr. Hall to walk to the podium now. re 5th amendment. He says he is fearful of criminal charges, he does not want to speak.

Judge Orders/Accepts that he can do complete 5th amendment and not testify - QUASHES SUBPOENA

MOTIONS DONE.................... If jury available, will begin at 15 after the hour.

My *job* here and on the media thread MN - George Floyd, 46, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 **Media & Timeline - NO DISCUSSION is done for posting in the am! See y'all later off to garden and just listening without following here.

Last edited:
Ms. S. Hill said something yesterday that Nelson was not happy with.....when asked about his sleeping in the car and different demeanor in the store....but she said clearly that he had told her he was tired because he had been working all night. So his nodding off in the car may well have been pretty normal and not drug induced. That comment was stricken but jury heard it.
For what it's worth, I do think that the 'nodding off' in the car was most likely due to ingestion of narcotics. But still, based on medical expert testimony thus far, it doesn't change my opinion that DC's actions (and inaction) were absolutely the primary causal factor in GF's death. IMO, the drugs and heart disease may have played a role in how his body responded to the restraint, but, I do not think that, absent of the marked and forced restriction of his breathing, he would have died that day. So, no chance of a 'Not Guilty' verdict from me, as manslaughter has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, in my opinion. Beyond that, I'm still waiting for remaining evidence and the Judge's charge to the jury before I can be comfortable with either murder charge.

Ms. S. Hill said something yesterday that Nelson was not happy with.....when asked about his sleeping in the car and different demeanor in the store....but she said clearly that he had told her he was tired because he had been working all night. So his nodding off in the car may well have been pretty normal and not drug induced. That comment was stricken but jury heard it.
Yes, I don't think the jury will connect his nodding off with a drug overdose, especially since they've apparently been dozing off during the trial themselves.

I think her testimony actually helped the prosecution as she was able to demonstrate how scared Floyd was when he grabbed the steering wheel and said, "please don't shoot me, mister officer!"

Steve Schleicher is a very interesting lawyer..I really like him as a cross examiner. The looks as mentioned above as this witness was saying such bizarre things were priceless...he almost shrugged his shoulders like "I can't argue with this fool" and he would move on. I bet that did not go unnoticed by the jury.
Steve Schleicher's attitude didn't go unnoticed by me. I didn't care for his superior attitude or his facial expressions. He became annoyed because the witness wouldn't say what he wanted him to say. IMO

Steve Schleicher's attitude didn't go unnoticed by me. I didn't care for his superior attitude or his facial expressions. He became annoyed because the witness wouldn't say what he wanted him to say. IMO
Yes he became annoyed because what the witness was saying was absurd!!!!! “Resting comfortably”!!!!!!!! IMO

Morries Hall doesn’t need to testify. Judge said his lawyer made a good argument that if he testified in the limited way it would provide a link to incriminating behavior. I’m surprised this judge didn’t come to this conclusion right off the bat. Defense has Shawanda Hill who said GF was nodding off so they can still argue their OD bs. JMO

Yes he became annoyed because what the witness was saying was absurd!!!!! “Resting comfortably”!!!!!!!! IMO
I thought he handled Brodd just perfectly....few if any in the legal world could think that Brodd did anything to help the defense and he should be embarrassed to take another penny. I am sure he was all the state could afford or get.

I thought he did an excellent job in pointing out how vague and irrational the witness's testimony was. He ended up forcing him to admit that Floyd was not struggling during the first two minutes, which is what he originally claimed.

Jurors spoke to the composure of the prosecution atty Jeff Ashton in the Casey Anthony trial which "turned them off". Indeed, a fine line.

Morries Hall doesn’t need to testify. Judge said his lawyer made a good argument that if he testified in the limited way it would provide a link to incriminating behavior. I’m surprised this judge didn’t come to this conclusion right off the bat. Defense has Shawanda Hill who said GF was nodding off so they can still argue their OD bs. JMO

Can you imagine if the prosecution/defense had dragged the other 3 officers into court, as they are doing the same thing ;)?

:eek:

It's fine ??? to subject Hall to such, but the 3 other LE's were KEY. Yet they aren't being dragged into court etc.

Just an observation to note. MOO

I wonder how much worse this can get for the defense? I really liked the public defender that spoke on behalf of M. Hall (or Ricardo?). She made a compelling argument for her client not testifying and in fact really spoke like she believed it. I can't say the same for Nelson...just going thru the motions. I am not saying he is a bad lawyer..he is not but he knows he has no chance here for an acquittal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech