MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the post I just bumped for margarita? It has the time stamp of when no pulse, and that they said they planned to load and go when ambulance got there.

I just went back and found it, and reposted it here. It is important information.
Sorry that I didn't digest it properly the first time (due to your graphic warning. I haven't had the nerve to watch the video yet, but I will.)

"The reason they loaded and left so quickly, and told them they were going to a few blocks away was because at 20:15 it was said by LE "let's get him out of here" "

Lane, his partner Kueng, and Chauvin knew he didn't have a pulse. (Lane's partner Kueng checks at 18:03 and says "I can't find one"..and Lane and his partner then get off of GF at that time...and other times in video below they check) EMT knew he didn't have a pulse. That's the first thing they did when on EMS got on scene as shown in video below toward the end. (Can be seen more clearly on the bystander video which we've seen)

The reason they loaded and left so quickly, and told them they were going to a few blocks away was because at 20:15 it was said by LE "lets' get him out of here", probably due to the gathering crowd MOO. The video posted upthread toward the end shows Lane in the ambulance and what was done to finally give mechanical compressions at 59:13:00. It also shows that as Lane leaves, he comes back to the ambulance and the mechanical compressions that were going on had ended at 1:04:35.

MOO

WARNING - VERY UPSETTING AND GRAPHIC - ROLL AND SCROLL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO VIEW

Thank you margarita25 for all that information. That was a lot of work.

(Note to self: Need more snacks if I’m going to start working these night shifts again. Seriously.

@JerseyGirl and @dixiegirl1035 should be popping in soon with a plethora of updates and information, I’m sure, to relieve me from the night shift, just like old times. They’re early risers. :) )

Last edited:
The Aussie news on the trial continues. I wonder if we are following closely due to the Minneapolis cop murder of our girl Justine Damond.

Although, I notice that the UK media are following closely as well, as is France, Germany, Japan, Canada, New Zealand - and probably others. The countries I have mentioned is all I have looked at, to see how widespread the following is. And these are all countries who came out in empathy for George Floyd, with BLM protests.

'Witnessed a murder': Former MMA wrestler gives evidence in George Floyd trial

MMA fighter takes the stand in George Floyd trial

Teen who filmed killing tells court George Floyd was 'begging for his life'

Last edited:
RSBM
?: So who did call for the ambulance at 8:21 then, as alleged by Nelson? Do we know? If so, what are the details of that report? @dixiegirl1035

Eta2: Wait a minute, did I just hear that right? (Rewind) Williams didn’t know about the other two officers being there until they were flipping GF over at his feet and loading him onto the gurney when the paramedics arrived? So, until that time he thought it was only DC on top of GF? Going back in for a second listen.

Eta3: Yep, sure enough, 53:00ish here. Interesting.

I'm still unclear as to the first call for assistance, and then what led to it getting upgraded to code 3. And then yesterday, we learn the codes didn't bring the normal folks in the normal order etc.

Instead of giving an opinion here, I'm too iffy to do even that so will await testimony.

@Factoria has the times in post above "The dispatch times were listed on the CAD report (I think that's what it's called) that was entered as Exhibit 151 during the 911 Operator's testimony on Day 1. It shows that EMS was initially dispatched as Code 3 at 20:20:11. Then upgraded to Code 2 at 20:21:35. EMS requested Fire Dept. assistance at 20:28:36." but they differ from my notes? Dunno why. Would need a rewind. I have 8:21:00... 8:26:29 etc.

If I have time... I'll go back to the Youtubes and see if I can find in the transcripts.

Last edited:
I'm still unclear as to the first call for assistance, and then what led to it getting upgraded to code 3. And then yesterday, we learn the codes didn't bring the normal folks in the normal order etc.

Instead of giving an opinion here, I'm too iffy to do even that so will await testimony.

Lane called for an ambulance after Floyd’s mouth started bleeding. Lane told investigators it was likely when Floyd banged his face on the glass inside of the squad car.
Lane then upgraded that ambulance request, from a less-serious “code 2” to a more serious “code 3,” after Floyd had repeatedly said he could not breathe and the officers discussed whether he could be high on drugs.
George Floyd told Minneapolis police officers he couldn’t breathe more than 20 times, new transcripts show

(Note: incident report mentioned is no longer available)
The decision to “load and go,” rather than triage at the scene, was likely based on their race against the clock, Scheerer said. Unloading all the equipment can often take much longer than treating a patient from inside the ambulance.
“I don’t think the paramedics knew what was going on. They just saw a split second of what was happening,” he said in reference to Chauvin’s prolonged knee restraint on Floyd’s neck. “Ultimately, if the police have somebody in custody, we have to get permission from them to work with on the patient.”

The initial call started as a Code 2 to assist EMS on a scene, not the more urgent Code 3, indicating a life-threatening situation. Preliminary information given to firefighters said only that Floyd had “trauma to his mouth,” according to an incident report.
Dispatch recordings: George Floyd was in cardiac arrest when EMS arrived

RSBM
*Is there a source for transcripts? Tia. (@dixiegirl1035)

RE TRANSCRIPTS FOR TRIAL TESTIMONY

Yes, if anyone wants an unedited transcript, go to the Media only thread
and find the post I have labelled DAY ONE, or DAY TWO etc. that has the Washington Post Youtubes. Open the YouTube. (NOT within the WS browser, click on title to make it it's own tab) You will see UNDER the settings area on the right you will see three little dots. "..." and click on those dots. It will have an option to "open transcript" that is autogenerated (like talk to text iykwim) and you can read a draft like transcript. Helps if you are looking for something. The transcript is time stamped to the video, to make easy to go to video if you want to watch what you read. (Like me, I'm going to look for the code stuff in a bit someone was just asking about)

dots.JPG is visual to show where the dots are

HTH

ETA: I just tested it on Day one, transcript comes up. Day two is giving me the dreaded circling... perhaps another video will work or my computer is buffering?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member