GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how the two "rookie" officers offering to sit in the car with the A/C on somehow absolves DC from his actions? Nelson is saying the offer by one of the other officers to sit in the car with GF is somehow an example of how DC didn't use excessive force? Like he should get extra credit for the moments when he wasn't kneeling on GF's body? Am I hearing that right? This is bizarre. The actions Prior To those 9 minutes and 29 seconds are irrelevant IMO. DC offered zero medical aid during the exact moments when GF so clearly needed medical aid. period.
Nelson is really reaching here. I see he is trying and he is swinging for the fences, but unfortunately for him, his client is clearly and obviously guilty. IMHO.

Nelson did the job he's supposed to do. His analogies are appropriate. His pleading for alternate points is correct. Theorizing different perspectives is a must. If one is to make an informed opinion, if a jury is to make an appropriate decision, you must hear it all. Hopefully the jury isn't ignorantly considering his case. He's one of the most likable defense attorneys I've witnessed. I usually hate them all, not this guy though.

@ChaoStrib

Nelson has been talking for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, and still has to address the cause of death issue in the case

I heard him say he briefly needed to say a few things before moving to cause of death. (He’s incapable of being brief imo.) And now a cause of death soliloquy. What will follow that? Don’t they have time limits?

I feel for the jurors.

And what if they are faking emergency to avoid jail? Does that make it okay to deny aid? It's not as if rendering aid would have prevented GF from still being arrested and going to jail. The choice wasn't between letting a suspect go or killing him. DC could've rendered aid and kept GF under arrest.

DC wants reasonable doubt for himself, but wasn't willing to give it to a man in stress in his custody.

Jmo

DC does not have a medical degree to determine if he was faking. He is trained to assess and then keep the person safe using their training until more advanced help arrives. It is standard to make a call for an ambulance for that reason. Once again, he did not follow his training when the person he had in restraints was unconscious and stopped breathing.

Backing up a bit, I was struck by the detail Nelson presented about how much attention Chauvin had to pay to the condition of the crowd in order to assess what might happen....but never (or only briefly) mentioned paying attention to Mr Floyd’s condition and what might happen.
JMO

Thanks! That chart is the best layout of the charges I have seen, step by step.
the way I read that use of intent in 3rd degree is he "intended" to restrain him by putting his knee on his neck but without intent to kill him...again am I missing something? The 3rd degree is what he already plead to.

Backing up a bit, I was struck by the detail Nelson presented about how much attention Chauvin had to pay to the condition of the crowd in order to assess what might happen....but never (or only briefly) mentioned paying attention to Mr Floyd’s condition and what might happen.
JMO
I thought Thao was responsible for the crowd???? Can no one even say his name in this trial?

I heard him say he briefly needed to say a few things before moving to cause of death. (He’s incapable of being brief imo.) And now a cause of death soliloquy. What will follow that? Don’t they have time limits?

I feel for the jurors.
These jurors are thinking about lunch right now. Nelson is at a big disadvantage that the break was not at lunch time.

the way I read that use of intent in 3rd degree is he "intended" to restrain him by putting his knee on his neck but without intent to kill him...again am I missing something? The 3rd degree is what he already plead to.

3rd degree - the death of GF by an intentional act...

2nd degree while commiting a felony... intentionally applied unlawful force .... (part of the assault in 3rd degree)

So, both require intent to find guilty?

that is from the State's graphic:

upload_2021-4-19_12-47-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads