GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was resisting because he didn’t want to “go back”. He was resisting because he didn’t want to go back to jail. IMO.

Every use of force expert for the state admitted that subjects will make an excuse (medical or otherwise) to avoid being arrested. I believe this to be a common occurrence. IMO
Doesnt mean they deserve to have a knee in their neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds even after death

If any of you have ever had a panic attack which IMO was happening when GF was resisting you can understand why he was resisting. All they needed to do was listen to him and stop forcing him into the car. Gawd one would think GF just shot up a bank!!!! Not that that would justify this. Over a 20.00 bill that he may have and may not have know was counterfeit. Epic abuse of power and restraint IMO.

This argument will backfire on Nelson. Chauvin's body language screams arrogance and a man enjoying a power trip in the video being shown right now and not at all reasonable officer demeanor. JMO

And what if they are faking emergency to avoid jail? Does that make it okay to deny aid? It's not as if rendering aid would have prevented GF from still being arrested and going to jail. The choice wasn't between letting a suspect go or killing him. DC could've rendered aid and kept GF under arrest.

DC wants reasonable doubt for himself, but wasn't willing to give it to a man in stress in his custody.

Jmo
Yes that’s exactly what I was trying to say. George was clearly in some kind of distress. They should have tried to de-escalate not make it worse like they did

I do agree that is what they perceived.

I always give credit where it's due. Nelson is putting on a good case minute by minute.

In the end he will be found guilty probably of all three charges, but DC can't say he didnt have good representation.

Jmho
I'm on the same page as you. Nelson has done a very good job presenting a defense all by himself. JMO

If any of you have ever had a panic attack which IMO was happening when GF was resisting you can understand why he was resisting. All they needed to do was listen to him and stop forcing him into the car. Gawd one would think GF just shot up a bank!!!! Not that that would justify this. Over a 20.00 bill that he may have and may not have know was counterfeit. Epic abuse of power and restraint IMO.
This! Yes!

Nelson is doing well considering. He’s had an uphill battle. DC has been guilty to most since the first time MSM reported on this. Nothing he could ever say would convince anyone otherwise. That’s evident in some of the comments here about not wanting to even hear the defense side of this trial. I hope this jury has been more attentive throughout the whole thing. ETA: JMO
Because the defense has nothing that can make this ok.

OMG! I had not realized that Chauvin took out his mace at the exact time that GF stopped breathing.

"he's threatening the use of force"

Per defense just now!

wow

*thud* "and this changed Officer Floyd's reaction"

This footage is not at all helpful to Nelson's case I don't know what he is thinking. It's the crowd that is repeatedly telling officers that GF is non responsive that killed GF. GT*OH

I feel pretty confident the jury will convict on the manslaughter charge.
For me, the reasonable doubt comes into play for the murder charges because of the number of times GF claimed he couldn’t breathe while officers were trying to get him in the vehicle. I believe he even said he was “gonna die in here”.
I find it a stretch they the prosecutions medical experts insisted that GFs drug use and heart disease play NO part in his death. JMO

I hope the prosecution addresses this issue in rebuttal. I have talked about "you take your perps as you get them"- in civil law you take your plaintiffs as you get them. The same law holds true in Criminal law. In other words if GF was having problems breathing in the vehicle ( from anxiety), the police, who have him custody, have an obligation not to worsen his condition and thus, they are ultimately responsible for his death because they made his condition worse to the point he died. I hope the prosecution explains this to the jury.

This is a sad and horrific case: As you say, you would think he robbed a bank by the way they were treating him- all for a counterfeit bill which he may not have known was counterfeit. He was letting them know he was in a state of panic (claustrophobic and problems breathing), but they did not give two chits--- They way over -reacted and ultimately the knee on the neck was the result. Chauvin needs to pay for this unnecessary death.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
10m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Nelson on perspective vs. perception of bystanders. Charles McMillan has a 3rd grade education, he says he has more info of the entirety of the situation having seen it from the beginning, but perception is affected by his life experiences

Charles.jpg

Nelson on Donald Williams perspective vs. perception stating Williams is MMA fighter, he has experiences that cause him to react differently, he perceived #GeorgeFloyd was being choked with a "blood choke"

Williams.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

This has nothing to do with anything MSM said or did.
WITNESSES took the relevant footage. Not MSM.
We know what we saw.
It's very simple actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Judge Cahill read the jury instructions this morning and read the elements pertaining to each charge that must be met beyond a reasonable doubt in order for a finding of Guilty on each charge, I checked 'yes' in my mind to each of the elements, based upon the evidence presented during the trial by both sides.

I believe every element pertaining to each charge has been proven by the State beyond a reasonable doubt.

IMO, guilty on all three charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member