GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #18 - Chauvin Closing & Deliberations #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the pool reporter, both the Floyd & Chauvin family seats are taken today.

Pool reporter also notes that jurors all appeared to be paying close attention during the judge’s instructions. Some took notes or followed along with their copies…

The pool reporter wrote that when Steve Schleicher said George Floyd’s final words, he pointed directly at Derek Chauvin in the courtroom. Chauvin did not react.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1384181368054185991?s=21

Can Nelson plant that one seed of reasonable doubt in the mind of one juror?
It will take more than one seed to fill over 9 minutes, imo.

If it happened fast, I could see a doubt. But he was on GF for so long and it looked so willful.

If he had rendered aid, I could see a doubt. But he rendered no aid.

Officers from his own force found his actions wrong. No seeds there.

jmo

Can Nelson plant that one seed of reasonable doubt in the mind of one juror?

He would have to plant a seed in each of the 3 charges. Pros. proved training/lack of use of training, use of tactics not authorized, no drug overdose, risk vs. threat, not resisting when unconscious. Hard to disprove any of this. That said, if there was no video, I think we would be looking at a hung jury.......not that I would believe it but....

I had a thought- don't want to be picky--- but I wonder if the prosecutor should have talked about GF saying the could not breathe before he was taken onto the ground. Perhaps he should have stated that GF was anxious, claustrophobic and was having a problem breathing--- now maybe the defense will bring that up and the pros. will address it in rebuttal if that is the case.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
13m
#DerekChauvinTrial - Prosecution initial closing argument has concluded. Judge calls for a break before defense begins. There will be another break after defense and before state rebuttal closing.

Pool reporter notes: woman who appears to be white and has light brown hair that falls just below her shoulders is in Chauvin supporter seat.
#GeorgeFloyd supporter seat: Philonise Floyd. He is wearing a blue checkered suit.

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members