MN - George Floyd, 46, unarmed, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Floyd: A dispatcher and two 911 callers voiced concerns over officer use of force

"You can call me a snitch if you want to, but we have the cameras up for 320's call ... I don't know if they had to use force or not, but they got something out of the back of the squad, and all of them sat on this man, so I don't know if they needed you or not, but they haven't said anything to me yet," the dispatcher was heard saying on the audio call.

Minneapolis police also released two 911 transcripts from May 25. One was from an unidentified off-duty firefighter who witnessed Floyd's death.

"I literally watched police officers not take a pulse and not do anything to save a man, and I am a first responder myself, and I literally have it on video camera. ... I just happened to be on a walk so, this dude, this, they *advertiser censored****g killed him," the firefighter told dispatchers.

The other caller was also unidentified and mentioned how an officer "pretty much just killed this guy that wasn't resisting arrest." That caller then requested to speak to a supervisor at the Minneapolis 3rd Precinct.
I suspect the other caller was the brunette lady that appeared toward the end. She was recording and was on Thoa's case insisting they check GF's pulse. If she was an EMT, then it explains the call disconnect and lack of re-connection. EMTs know who the sleazy cops are, and she didn't trust that the system would protect her ... MOO.

I just received retired Sergeant Michael Quinn's book, "Walking with the Devil". And I think it may offer insight on this department and explain how such an atrocity could happen.

Last edited:
If and when the defense pulls that, they will have to overcome the following:
  1. GF was living, breathing, walking and talking until ........... ???
  2. If a man the same age, ht and wt, with perfect health, and a neg toxicology screen had his right carotid artery and jugular vein compressed for 8 min and 46 sec, what is the expected outcome?
Dr. Michael Baden is prepared to answer that question as in this video. Aside from Dr. Cyril Wecht, he is the highest regarded pathologist in the country.

The toxicology results may or may not have contributed to his anxiety which was wrongfully perceived as resistance by the officers. GF was terrified and rightfully so.

They don’t even need to explain. Expect your client might be older, with short neck, sleep apnea, atherosclerosis, a smoker, with bad lungs,, hypertension, family history of strokes, whatnot. People are not perfect, and police should protect the society, not maim it.

This interaction made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. A real high-five moment for them. This silent communication and unspoken gestures resemble a partnership in crime and warrants serious attention and investigation ... MOO.

IMOO, Thao is an evil on his own, and paired with Chauvin, they are deadly. His interactions with the bystanders were beyond appalling and scream intent. And I am glad his attempts to block the eye of the camera failed.

You are so right on SleuthBee.

Chavin and Thao had a history of undue physical abuse on their own, but once paired up, they became a lethal partnership. It was only a matter a time before they went too far.

I think it is similar in the jogger Amaud Arbery murder. The pairing up of the McMichael father and son in the chase of AA resulted in an outcome that was inevitable.

I'm sure they all felt that they wouldn't suffer any repercussions from killing a black man during a police or citizen's arrest. The McMichaels had been cleared from any guilt. And without the video evidence, and public uproar, they all would have gotten away with it.

Last edited:
I think you are right. I've heard in MSM about the pointing a firearm at the woman's abdomen during a home invasion but the detail about her being pregnant I've only seen in facebook posts and such. I suspect it's just some embellishment (shall we say) to drive the point that he wasn't a good guy. People just pulling stuff out of their butts as usual. We will probably find out in the future. But aiming a gun at a woman's stomach is bad enough, good lord. Absolutely awful whether she was pregnant or not. Floyd's character isn't the issue though since it has nothing to do with the police officers' actions.

It really doesn’t matter in this situation. It doesn’t matter what kind of a guy Floyd was in relationship to his death. Personally, I feel very sorry for that woman he burglarized. However, the MN policemen’s role was to apprehend him and bring to the PD. Instead they killed him in full public view.

I'm coming into this really late and so maybe this has been answered. I just saw the video of what happened after he died until the EMT arrived. Is it normal for EMT to throw someone on a stretcher like that? I was expecting them to check his pulse or do CPR on the ground or something. Just a really weird video.

“The president's plan will ban police from using chokeholds except for in instances when their lives are at risk and will set up a database where police departments track officers who have been accused of using excessive force.

A new program in the order requires, in certain situations, that social workers respond to the scene alongside police officers.

Trump also did not name any of the victims of police violence in recent weeks, particularly Floyd. “

“The president's plan will ban police from using chokeholds except for in instances when their lives are at risk and will set up a database where police departments track officers who have been accused of using excessive force.

A new program in the order requires, in certain situations, that social workers respond to the scene alongside police officers.
Trump also did not name any of the victims of police violence in recent weeks, particularly Floyd. “

Do you remember after Eric Garner was killed Pantaleo‘s lawyer called it a neck restraint or stranglehold since chokeholds were banned.

Remember, those with antisocial personality disorder can pass these screenings quite easily.

Very true, but are they incorporating the Hare Psychopathy Checklist and perhaps the MMPI into these screenings? It's a a question - I do not know how they screen when hiring them.

When is the next court appearance for DC and is there a link to the court records for the case against DC?

Per @Niner

Actually Chauvin has appearance at 1:30pm per court site. The other 3 are at 9am, again per court site.

The 3 officers are expected in court at 9 a.m. on June 29

Chauvin has appearance at 1:30pm.

____

Records here:

Minnesota Judicial Branch - 27-CR-20-12646: State vs. Derek Chauvin

6/29

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/records/frequent
Since the sites keep crashing the Judge ordered this yesterday:
The Court hereby orders the creation of a discrete case webpage on the public website of the Fourth Judicial District for the posting of all publicly accessible case documents related to this Court file.

When is the next court appearance for DC and is there a link to the court records for the case against DC?

6/29

[URL]http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/records/frequent
[/URL]
http://mncourts.gov/media/StateofMinnesotavDerekChauvin.aspx
Since the sites keep crashing the Judge ordered this yesterday:
http://mncourts.gov/media/StateofMinnesotavDerekChauvin.aspx
The Court hereby orders the creation of a discrete case webpage on the public website of the Fourth Judicial District for the posting of all publicly accessible case documents related to this Court file.

Prosecutors: Officer had knee on Floyd for 7:46, not 8:46

June 17, 2020
Prosecutors repeated their timeline and the 8 minutes, 46 seconds detail on June 3 when they added a more serious murder charge against Chauvin and announced charges against the other three officers. The AP published a story about the issue June 4, and at the time John Stiles, a spokesman for Ellison's office, said prosecutors were continuing to review new evidence.
[.....]
It was not immediately clear whether the criminal complaints would be amended. In this case, one minute is unlikely to have a major legal significance.

But in the days after Chauvin's initial charges, outraged protesters, politicians and mourners seized on 8:46 as a quiet way to honor Floyd at a time of angry and sometimes violent clashes with police. It also became a symbol of the suffering Floyd — and many other black men — have experienced at the hands of police.

Last edited:
Prosecutors: Officer had knee on Floyd for 7:46, not 8:46

June 17, 2020
Prosecutors repeated their timeline and the 8 minutes, 46 seconds detail on June 3 when they added a more serious murder charge against Chauvin and announced charges against the other three officers. The AP published a story about the issue June 4, and at the time John Stiles, a spokesman for Ellison's office, said prosecutors were continuing to review new evidence.
[.....]
It was not immediately clear whether the criminal complaints would be amended. In this case, one minute is unlikely to have a major legal significance.

But in the days after Chauvin's initial charges, outraged protesters, politicians and mourners seized on 8:46 as a quiet way to honor Floyd at a time of angry and sometimes violent clashes with police. It also became a symbol of the suffering Floyd — and many other black men — have experienced at the hands of police.
Just goes to show it took less time than most people thought and GF was a big man.

It really doesn’t matter in this situation. It doesn’t matter what kind of a guy Floyd was in relationship to his death. Personally, I feel very sorry for that woman he burglarized. However, the MN policemen’s role was to apprehend him and bring to the PD. Instead they killed him in full public view.

You are correct but, when it comes to juries, character means a lot: the defense is going to try and make the jury dislike the decedent. The defense wants the jury to dislike George Floyd and think he got what he deserved. They will talk about prior bad acts- some may not be admissible, some may be admissible. It is never as cut and dry as you may think. Of course it shouldn't matter what kind of guy Floyd was. What should matter is how the cop kept his knee on this man's
neck for almost 9 minutes resulting in death but it is never quite that simple and easy for the prosecution: they know it and they will be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member