MN MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 5 Sept 1944

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now this throws the soldier lead

View attachment 266716
Great Articles you found Starr!
If the soldier lead was a dead end, what about the description of Jackie wearing a blue sailor suit? Could that be accurate?
EDIT* Answered my own question. "Their mother never again allowed anyone to wear a sailer suit, which Jackie was wearing when he disappeared, said Fay."

Last edited:
Great Articles you found Starr!
If the soldier lead was a dead end, what about the description of Jackie wearing a blue sailor suit? Could that be accurate?
I’m guessing the sailor suit to be accurate because a mom would remember what her child was wearing on his first day of school- especially if that was the last time she ever saw him. I’d like to know more about that creek- how deep, how fast flowing & if remains were ever found- possibly very, very far downstream. Jmo

I’m guessing the sailor suit to be accurate because a mom would remember what her child was wearing on his first day of school- especially if that was the last time she ever saw him. I’d like to know more about that creek- how deep, how fast flowing & if remains were ever found- possibly very, very far downstream. Jmo
In that same article, the siblings that were interviewed go pretty in depth about the drowning theory..
"And, as to the rumor that their dad sold Jackie, if their dad could have sold kids for $500, he should have sold more, said Annabelle with a laugh. After all, their family did have 15 kids but little money in those days. "You could buy a piece of candy for a penny, and no one had a penny," said Annabelle.

Annabelle and Fay don't believe their brother drown, either. "If he would have drown," said Fay, "they would have found his body eventually.""

(sorry for all of the spelling errors. this article is riddled with them!)

Now this throws the soldier lead

View attachment 266716
another snippet from this article: "Both Annabelle and Fay are suspicious of the sighting of car picking up a boy wearing a sailer's suit and looking like Jackie on the same day he disappeared. That someone else would be spotted in Paynesville who was dressed like Jackie and looked like Jackie on the same day he disappeared is quite a coincidence, according to Annabelle and Fay.

Two local boys saw "a small boy enter a light grey car on Highway 23" at 4:45 p.m. that afternoon, according to the Press from Sept. 14, 1944. The Press reported that the Willmar Police checked this lead and found that the driver was a soldier traveling with his brother who stopped in Willmar to get his starter fixed.

But both Annabelle and Fay wonder what the Willmar Police did to check that lead and find it odd that no one who knew Jackie was asked to identify that "brother.""

Thanks for this,

I know that Donald died in 1979, but where did you find out that he hanged himself? Here is Jackie's Dad's, Harold's gravesite:

Harold Alvin Theel (1904-1991) - Find A Grave...

Satch
Satch,
the only cause of death I could find was on Geni.com where it says "Death: August 23, 1979 (53)
Litchfield, Meeker County, Minnesota, United States (Suicide by Hanging)"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 1.52.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 1.52.02 PM.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 9
Based on our research, who among the Theel siblings is still living? They had 15 kids!

Satch
Hi Satch!
Based on what I have been able to find, Annabelle Theel, who was 16 at the time of Jackie's disappearance, may still be alive, she doesn't seem to have been interviewed since 2004, but I was unable to find an obituary for her. I will continue to look into the other siblings

Hi Satch!
Based on what I have been able to find, Annabelle Theel, who was 16 at the time of Jackie's disappearance, may still be alive, she doesn't seem to have been interviewed since 2004, but I was unable to find an obituary for her. I will continue to look into the other siblings

Thank you!

What about Fay? They collaborated on a few interviews.

Satch

Thank you!

Satch
Satch,
I actually just searched for Fay.... I found his address and phone number. He is 80 years old and I have not found an obituary but I am not sure that I am able to share it on here.

Thank you!

Satch
I also noticed that on page 2(ish) of this thread, Sgt. Gary Theel commented, who would have been the nephew of Jackie, his dad was the older brother that was supposed to walk him home that day... I am not sure he is still around but he did leave his contact info on that post

Satch,
I actually just searched for Fay.... I found his address and phone number. He is 80 years old and I have not found an obituary but I am not sure that I am able to share it on here.
Oops... I meant to say that I believe that Fay is still alive and I also believe I have found his current address and phone number.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back