MN MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 5 Sept 1944

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not saying it's related, but it's interesting that a lot of assault cases against young teen males (that may be connected to Jacob Wetterling's disappearance) is centered in Paynesville, MN, where Jackie vanished from. What has been going down in this area?!

I agree with your analysis to the point that Jackie, at only six years old, might easily have gotten disoriented and lost in his home town. It might not have been so much that he didn't recognize the landscape, but rather that small things like fences, buildings, barns, or small signs did not look familiar to him.

I remember being walked to school when I was five years old, and I was not yet ready to make the trek myself until I had made the trip quite a number of times. Until then, I had only been allowed to travel within a block or so of home.

I do not think that anyone picked Jackie up with the intention of returning him home, or someone would have recalled seeing them with Jackie or would have remembered a stranger or town person asking questions.

The most likely scenario would seem to be that he was picked up by a passing motorist.

Secondly is the possibility that he might have been abducted by some hobo or migrant who was camped near the train tracks. Again, if someone had bought a ticket and boarded a train with Jackie as a legitimate passenger, someone would have remembered.

If Jackie had gotten as far north as the train tracks, he must have known by then where his house was, since it was so close to the train station. I am certain that he would not have been allowed to cross the tracks as a little boy. Even if he was still disoriented when arriving at the train tracks, he probably would have asked someone nearby for help.

I think you're misunderstanding what I was trying to say... I wasn't saying that someone took him with the intention of taking him home. I was saying they could have lied to him and said so. It's not implausible that someone could have gone up to him and convinced him to follow them by offering help to a disoriented little boy.

I was also saying, what if the person was from out of town and the scent tracks of Jackie wandering around lost were actually when he was with this person? If that individual was from out of town they could have been taking Jackie around trying to find the way back to the highway.

I don't know if someone would have remembered seeing Jackie on the train, depending on how packed the train was, someone being seen with a little boy could have been quite common and not noteworthy to people.

I learn more to a motorist. Doesn't make much sense otherwise to factor in the highway, IMO. I don't think the trains had much to do with that, unless there was a train coming up at that hour, it would be much riskier to wait for a train that could be hopped onto and it would have been much more difficult to hop a train with a child. Once again IMO.

My thought is there is one highway going in and leaving get this town. Did the blood hounds go down both sides of the highway. Trying to get a feel if he got into the car to go into town or to leave town.
My other thought money was tight. Maybe this boy was sold to a family. Maybe he was seen by a baby broker and looked easy. Since thus boy was lost for a while. If he was "slow" that could mean several things in the world today. That aren't that big of a deal like a reading disability. Maybe he was a bit smaller and just looked upon as "slow" if he looked younger then he was even easier to take.
I am curious if there are other kids taken like this with similar interests. Like the small town. ..

Is there a chance that if any other young boys from Mn in that time frame vanished, they went unreported and fell through the cracks?

Back in the 1940's and 50's crime reporting or stories on missing children were much more local. It might be reported in a small town newspaper, but not in the big city papers. Certainly not in the national news on a regular basis.

There were, of course, exceptions when certain stories caught the national attention, such as the abduction of Little Charley Ross in 1875 and the abduction of the Lindburgh baby in 1932.

Children probably went missing as often back then as they do today, but probably much less as a result of abductions.

Hello : )
Last night 2/4/2016 - Kare 11 Evening News ran this piece on Jackie Theel.
Kare 11 is the ABC affiliate in Minneapolis - which is 80 plus miles directly southeast of Paynesville on Minnesota State Highway 55.
www.kare11.com/news/kare-11-investigates-what-happened-to-jackie-theel-/32781961
I have been a registerd user for some time - but this is my first post.
My main interests are:
MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 9/5/1944
MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 10/22/1989
MN - Battle Lake - Wht Male (975UMMN), 45-55, Used Stolen Identity 5/18/2006
WI - Delafield - Wht Male (UP 7632), 17-30, Crashed Car Stolen 9/14/1977
WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 9/17/2001

Hello : )
Last night 2/4/2016 - Kare 11 Evening News ran this piece on Jackie Theel.
Kare 11 is the ABC affiliate in Minneapolis - which is 80 plus miles directly southeast of Paynesville on Minnesota State Highway 55.
www.kare11.com/news/kare-11-investigates-what-happened-to-jackie-theel-/32781961
I have been a registerd user for some time - but this is my first post.
My main interests are:
MN - Jackie Theel, 6, Paynesville, 9/5/1944
MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 10/22/1989
MN - Battle Lake - Wht Male (975UMMN), 45-55, Used Stolen Identity 5/18/2006
WI - Delafield - Wht Male (UP 7632), 17-30, Crashed Car Stolen 9/14/1977
WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 9/17/2001

I really appreciate when news services run pieces on cold cases!

It's been such a long time that Jackie's family has been wondering. They needed an answer. Keeping the Theel family in my thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone checked military records to see if a Jackie or John Theel was ever in the military? I've read over the thread and unless I missed it, I don't see where that possibility was ever checked out. I do not know how to do this but I feel it could be worth a shot. Since the former teacher said that she saw and spoke to someone with that name.

Just getting through this thread now.

The family certainly does deserve answers.

Were there other children who left school at the same time he did?
Did the brother go to his class to get him, only to find out he was already gone? If so, how much time was there between this?

I know now there has been much speculation about a stranger passing through, but isn't it really more chance of it being someone local?

Guess I don't understand the significance of an adult with the name Jackie Theel. Why would an abductor a) know the child's name and spelling and b) why would an abductor allow an abducted child to keep his name? Finally, certainly wouldn't Jackie, as an adult, recall he was kidnapped?

Bumping thread up. One thing I remember about the roadways in Minnesota in late summer and early fall was the terrible sand burrs which grew alongside the roads. They were extremely sharp and would get stuck to your socks and pants legs. If one got to a road, you didn't want to leave it by walking through the grass. You would hope you came to another cross road soon.

Does anyone know if Jackie has DNA on file or anywhere? I’m going to enter him into namus

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back