MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BluBuni99, I too am from Arkansas. Welcome to Websleuths, it's a great place. I had never heard that the man that kidnapped Morgan had asked the kids a question. Do you have inside info on that case? I wish we could find out what happened to her.

BluBuni99, I too am from Arkansas. Welcome to Websleuths, it's a great place. I had never heard that the man that kidnapped Morgan had asked the kids a question. Do you have inside info on that case? I wish we could find out what happened to her.

The reference to the question is in the link to the Charley project website.

Here are threads for Morgan Nick on WS:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12588
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59153
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73119

I understand your theory and it lead me to think of that particular story of the child that was found in the mississippi river. I believe we're all on WS to discuss theories, suggestions, ideas and the like. We have a difference of opinion to what a PM means here then.

I know I always mean well here and have good intentions.

Again, this is not the same theory. It has not been debated, and I don't believe it should be.

Again, I think every theory no matter how far off the scale needs to be evaluated when it comes to missing children.

My 2cents

It seems he posted that in Dec. 08.

If you look at his picture album, you can see the photos of the abductor and the photos of his father. I think they look close enough for an investigation.

Also, after watching his video here: http://www.nowpublic.com/world/word-my-death-and-explanation-my-descent-maddness-0

I get the feeling he's suffering from paranoid delusions in one form or another. I wouldn't go so far to say he's schizophrenic, but I think it could be a possibility. People with schizophrenia tend to believe they're someone important - Louis XIV, Jesus, even the son of a serial child abductor. I say this not to discredit him, because like I said, I see a resemblance in the photos as well.

That importance leads to paranoia - they find out who he is, what he's trying to do and they're out to stop him. I would say the man in the video is paranoid. But, as the saying goes, sometimes they really are out to get you.

Also, 2 weeks without sleep would definitely affect your logic, memory, ability to function, etc. I don't know that there is a set number of days that a person can stay awake before death occurs, but I do know that after 72 hours (or three days) you're legally insane in a court of law. From what I understand the record is 18 days. And from what I've read, after 11 or 12 days, risk for coma or death is increased.

Sorry - double posting but,

I thought it interesting that in the early stages of search for Jacob Wetterling, police looking for a red Chevette found that the car probably belonged to an art student that was in the area looking for "something to sketch"..Did Vern Seitz actually draw those images that were found or did someone else - maybe an art student????:waitasec:

http://www.courttv.com/news/hiddentr...ing_page2.html

I just see such a resemblance to the suspect sketch on Charleys project.

wetterling_sketch1.jpg
wetterling_sketch2.jpg
mis_michael_hughes2.jpg
86588_f120.jpg

There is a 20/20 coming on now on the WE channel about 3 missing children, including an interview with Jacob Wetterling's mom, Patty.

i agrre with wattohelp about those sketches-so similar!
I am from Minnesota and Jacob's case is very well known to me.
I have heard many rumors of him possibly being forced into human trafficking for sex.
I think there's a good chance he's still with us. I watched a tv series of a 13 year old girl who was abducted. She was brainshed in 3 months to the point where she didn't know her real name! It could be a possibilty with Jacob. I hope he gets found soon!

I'm from Minnesota and still remember when this happened and I feel the person who did this isn't as mysterious/elusive as he seems. I stumbled across this old article from 1989 that gives a little more detail on the abductor.http://www.startribune.com/local/11579041.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU
Personally I believe this guy was trolling the area and at some point saw them biking from their home to the tom thumb store and got ahead of them as they were returning back and lay waiting on the side of the road. I still can't figure out why he asked their ages though, because they were all relatively the same age and if he had been stalking Jacob prior to this point why didn't he ask for their names instead? (assuming he knew Jacob's name).
It was dark so the abductor could have been confused as to which child was Jacob and needed to examine each one to make sure...who knows? )-:

Interesting link, Lotus. It seems like I had heard this same info before and I wouldn't be surprised that this would be the same person in both cases. It eerily fits the profile of a sexual predator on so many accounts.

I believe it's the same person too. I'm just surprised this person hasn't been found in the system by now but then again he could be in the system for a different reason such as domestic abuse because it seems like this guys personality ("very aggressive, very commanding") + women = disastrous relationships IMO.

News of Jaycee Dugard's safe return after 18 years in captivity gives Patty Wetterling hope.

Patty Wetterling says the return of Jaycee Dugard "is reaffirming" and "a success."

Wetterling's son Jacob is still missing after a gunpoint abduction almost 20 years ago near their home in St. Joseph, Minnesota.

"Jacob was with his best friend and his brother. They witnessed it," Wetterling says, recalling that day back in October 1989. "They saw this masked man with a gun."

Jaycee Dugard's return "is reaffirming," Wetterling adds. "There are cases where nobody believed [the children] were coming home, and they did. This is one. So for me, it makes my heart smile. It's a success."

More at link:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/01/mn.missing.boy/index.html

I grew up in St. Joe, MN about 4 miles from where Jacob lived. I wish they could find him!! People don't just disappear! I moved away in 1986; a few years before Jacob disappeared but it still haunts me. The weird thing was that for years prior to his abduction, there was a huge billboard with his dad's bearded face/advertising for his chiropractic office. I often wondered if that had something to do with it. Somehow did that attract attention to the family? Another thing is, St. John's Univ. was just a couple miles away and had a huge monastery. We all know the incidents with priests sexually abusing boys. I just wonder if they haven't looked enough at SJU. That is a big campus and heavily wooded and I think a body could easily be hidden out there-also there is a deep lake where it could have been dumped. From what I know, and my dad taught at SJU as a psych prof for over 20 years-the lake was full of mysteries.. I just wonder if the investigation strayed too far from home and they are missing clues right under their noses. Anyway, just thought I'd add something since this case is still out there and I'm not going to stop wondering and praying for precious Jacob till he is found. For his family... you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Another thing I wanted to add.. I have worked at an ice arena for 2 years now. About a year ago, the Sheriff Dept. came in and said they were on their weekly "sex offender detail" and had a big binder full of registered sex offenders and he asked us to look at it. He said ice rinks, libraries, parks, malls are all very common places for sex offenders to troll. I hadn't really thought much about ice rinks but now it all makes sense and I wonder if the St. Cloud ice arena is where Jacob truly was stalked? I know there was talk of that and that they tried to investigate it. Just beware though-if you have kids who skate-I had no idea rinks were magnets for pedophiles but apparently they are. The Sheriff said they usually send non-uniformed deputies in at least weekly to take a gander at the people there-trying to ID registered offenders. I hope they do that up in St. Cloud, too. They should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6