MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In not too familiar with the unidentified boy in the river so if this has been posted ignore me. If the boy in the river had been stolen from a grave the wouldn't he have been enbalmed? Did anything like that show up when he was taken to the ME? And if it wasn't a boy stolen from his grave, then can't they exhume the unknown boy and do a DNA test against Jacob's family?

2sisters said:
In not too familiar with the unidentified boy in the river so if this has been posted ignore me. If the boy in the river had been stolen from a grave the wouldn't he have been enbalmed? Did anything like that show up when he was taken to the ME? And if it wasn't a boy stolen from his grave, then can't they exhume the unknown boy and do a DNA test against Jacob's family?

2sisters: Yes, the boy found in the river had been embalmed.

Bump! And just for the record I think a cult is a plausible explanation. Anythings a plausible explanation at this point!

I currently reside in a town right next to where Jacob disappeared from and am working with a woman who knew the family. It was told to me that at some point the brother went through hypnotism to try to get out more details. Not sure what ever came of this informtain, if anything at all. I was also told that he has since moved out of state and has suppressed all memory of the event.

I wish that Patty Wetterling had won her bid for Congress, as I think she would have been a great advocate for missing children and their families.

PaulaKay said:
I currently reside in a town right next to where Jacob disappeared from and am working with a woman who knew the family. It was told to me that at some point the brother went through hypnotism to try to get out more details. Not sure what ever came of this informtain, if anything at all. I was also told that he has since moved out of state and has suppressed all memory of the event.

I wish that Patty Wetterling had won her bid for Congress, as I think she would have been a great advocate for missing children and their families.

She is still an advocate for the missing and I am sure she always will be, congress or not.

I don't think the boys with Jacob that night have much information to give. It was dark, they were scared and it was long ago... It's unfortuante, but I doubt they saw the person very well.

Prayers for Jacob and the Wetterling family.

Capt. said:
never have, but I take your multipule references to it indicate that you have.

If this means you wish to have a flame war with me, I'll just ignore you. I have made no attack against you before.

Hey CAPT! you sound a lot like our old friend.... "B.E." with that said, Messiecake, don't be taken in by conspiracy's.... torture, slaves, government supported child kidnappings..... I'd just ignore it all.

Patty W is one of the real heroes in the missing kids realm. I have such respect for her.

Could Duncan (Groene case) be involved in Wetterling's case?

Posts on his blog site seem to cast some suspicion on him for the Beaner case.
http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/
I think that was in MN, too. ALso, Duncan did time for molesting a young boy.

Just a thought.

Azlaw said:
Could Duncan (Groene case) be involved in Wetterling's case?

Posts on his blog site seem to cast some suspicion on him for the Beaner case.
http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/
I think that was in MN, too. ALso, Duncan did time for molesting a young boy.

Just a thought.
They're both from northern Minnesota... St. Joseph (where Jacon disappeared from) is near St. Cloud. Chisholm is kinda far from that, you can see them both on this map: http://www.dicarlo.onlinehome.de/mb/minnesota_map.jpg

St. Cloud is not too far from the cities, and Chisholm is up near Canada.

would Jacob's disappearance fit in, though? That was a long time ago... 1989, I think. how old was Duncan then?

From 1980 to 1994 Duncan was in Western State Hospital in Wash. He was then returned to incarceration in Wash. in 1997

mysteriew said:
From 1980 to 1994 Duncan was in Western State Hospital in Wash. He was then returned to incarceration in Wash. in 1997
That eliminates him in Jacob's case.

mmohucap said:
That eliminates him in Jacob's case.

Not necessarily.

An updated version of the timeline was posted on either page 3 or page 4, and here is a small cut and paste, which shows that Duncan MIGHT have been on parole.....

Here is how the timeline reads currently:

1980...Ft Lewis WA--Dropped out of High School, age 16, then same month more trouble, see next item

1-1980...Lakewood WA--16 years old, stole gun, raped 14 yo boy, got 20 years-suspended, Pierce County sheriff says he stole guns, beat, raped and burned his boy victim

1980...Pierce Co WA--Sentenced to sex offender program at Western State Hospital

3-1982...Pierce Co WA--Doctors diagnosed Duncan as passive-aggressive w/schizoid features and as a sexual
sadist, revoked suspended sentence for leaving grounds twice/peeped in windows, sent to state pen

9-1994...Pierce Co WA--Released on parole after 14 years (actually released several times but kept
violating)

ABOVE YEARS FROM TIMELINE FOUND AT TOP OF PAGE FOUR HERE:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25751&page=4

According to the reply I got in that other messagethread, the timeline has been ammended. Here's what I was told:

I saw your post before but forgot to respond about this. He never got out in that whole 14 year period. He didn't come up for parole at all until 1994 and violated several times before they sent him back in 1997 to complete his original 20 year sentence. He could not have been involved with Wetterling.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Patty Wetterling said she hopes to help pass a number of laws to protect children from sex offenders, as she kicked off her campaign Sunday for the U.S. Senate.

"I embrace the fact that I am a nontraditional candidate,'' she told more than 100 supporters in Riverside Park in St. Paul.

Wetterling lost a bid for Congress last year to U.S. Rep. Mark Kennedy, but she was a recognized name long before because of the tragic unsolved kidnapping of her son Jacob in 1989. After his disappearance, she became an activist for child safety and established the Jacob Wetterling Foundation to protect children from abduction and sexual exploitation.

FULL STORY: http://www.startribune.com/stories/587/5659772.html

Use http://www.bugmenot.com for a username / password if needed

Today, October 22, is the 16th anniversary of the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. He, his brother, and a friend were walking home from a video store when they were confronted by a man. He told the other two boys to run. Jacob was never seen again, and there has been no resolution to the case.

Please leave your outdoor lights on, or burn a candle for Jacob.

I strongly feel that Jacob is dead. At his age, he wouldn't have forgotten his parents (as might happen with a very young child that gets abducted and "becomes" a part of another family ). And the fact that he's never contacted anyone and there's been no resolution at all - it's the only thing I can imagine is left.

I feel it was someone local - or relatively local. It likely had to be someone that knew the boys were walking home (ie, someone in town or in the video store)

The boys that were with him, did they ever have them do a composite? I remember when this happened, but I don't remember any composite sketch going out to the public - so they could help. But 16 years ago - we had no internet or Amber alert system.

Sadly, I don't think it will never be solved. I think whoever did this, probably buried his body ( and took the time to do a good job of it ) in some remote area that see's very few humans.

I feel very sad for his family.

I heard Jacob's mother, Patty, speak once at an event (this was many years ago). Somebody asked her how she could keep on saying that she knows Jacob is alive and coming home, when chances are he's dead. She said, "Regardless of what I feel personally, I would feel terrible if my child were out there watching me on TV and hearing me say that I'd given him up for dead." She had a really good point.

Yakwoman

I hope and pray that Jacob is still alive. Even though the years have passed, I'm sure his family still keeps the candle of hope burning in their hearts. Jacob is still out there somewhere. It is possible that Jacob is still alive! Jacob could have been taken and given a new identity. Even though he was older -Years of stress, lies, and brainwashing could have "reprogrammed" him and erased memories. The traumatic stress of being abducted and whatever actions done to him may have caused him to push the good memories to the back...You don't know, no one does. I know that if my child were missing, I wouldn't let that flicker of hope die - I'd hold onto hope of finding my child until the day I died.

inquiringmindz said:
I know that if my child were missing, I wouldn't let that flicker of hope die - I'd hold onto hope of finding my child until the day I died.

A year or so ago there was talk of re-opening the case and also talk about a person of mild interest. I wonder what happened. There has been no news, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth