MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rassier's brother continued: "I just hope it clears his name. He's been through the ringer."

That is DR's brother talking to a reporter just days before DR became the first POI in the case.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15415801

When he became POI and the parents and brother of DR learned of the treasure beneath DR's bed (pictures, news recordings, newspaper clippings, pattys letter, journal) do you think they were both surprised and dumbfounded?

I've seen many good points discussed on DR lately like not mentioning vehicles right way etc. There are just so many little things he's said or things he's done or didn't do that just make a persons head spin. I haven't had anything to add lately so I'm just trying to follow along for now. I really believe DR is guilty of Jacob's abduction with every ounce of my being...and it just makes me wonder how he's managed to push this heavy burden that he's carrying aside. I'm really looking forward to the show on Sunday night...even though I'm guessing it will be leaning very heavily on trying to tie Jacob's and the Paynesville / Jared's cases... which in my opinion will be like the case heading the wrong direction from the beginning with the infamous sketch that was made of Jared's abductor. I wonder if DR will have popcorn in hand for the show and if he just sits there picking everything apart saying no that's not how everything went etc....just so frustrating that he's been able to live a free life over twice that of Jacob just since his abduction!

We can pick apart anything he has done or said. He is the one not coming absolutely clear on anything. He avoided any conversation with the wetterlings until patty seeked him out. He has taken his own parents, brother, Joy, LE, the media and public for a loop during all these years. It is time to hear the full story.

I too am afraid that the show will focus on linking Jacob to Jared and Paynesville. While Joy has brought things back into the media, I think it is doing more harm than good by steering the case in the wrong direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has the blog writer elicited anything from DR that could potentially conflict with his earlier accounts of what happened that night? Perhaps the writer is grateful for any attention and who knows how she really feels about the subject at hand. The main idea is she got him talking. As far as steering the media down the wrong path -- we've seen that happen a number of times on some of the TV shows that feature criminal or missing persons cases. I'd like to believe that anyone who's really into this case will take the time to search out all the facts. Who knows, some of the TV viewers who weren't really up to speed or never knew about Jacob might find their way here. What's frustrating is that if the perp was DR alone, there were no witnesses except the boys (who could not see the abductor), and if it was DR and he had a helper (such as one of the monks), that person will never come forward. Has Jared ever been asked to look at DR's photo from back then? Cases are probably not related but just to cover all the bases. Wish Jared could see pics of certain monks from that time frame too. Eh -- there's a lot of things I wish.

Its not to late for Joy to become neutral again in this case. The Hunt can focus on the first 15 years of this investigation, but i believe our ongoing conversation will again lead us back to DR.

Whether or not the show tries to link Jacob's case to Jared's case and the Paynesville cases, all of these crimes need to be solved. I see no harm in any of it. All it takes is one person, the right person, to take notice of something and come forward. Each victim is just as important as the next. Maybe one of these crimes will be solved.

Rassier's brother continued: "I just hope it clears his name. He's been through the ringer."

That is DR's brother talking to a reporter just days before DR became the first POI in the case.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15415801

When he became POI and the parents and brother of DR learned of the treasure beneath DR's bed (pictures, news recordings, newspaper clippings, pattys letter, journal) do you think they were both surprised and dumbfounded?

I imagine his family always knew he was a little odd and a bit of a hoarder. They've basically enabled him and his eccentricities by letting him staying living with them for 55 years.

Whether or not the show tries to link Jacob's case to Jared's case and the Paynesville cases, all of these crimes need to be solved. I see no harm in any of it. All it takes is one person, the right person, to take notice of something and come forward. Each victim is just as important as the next. Maybe one of these crimes will be solved.

I see no harm either and obviously agree that all the victims are important....I guess I'm just a little bias towards the one that didn't get to come home.

I'm familiar with what happened to Jacob, but haven't been able to look over ALL of the threads. There are 10 separate ones with around 40-pgs each.
I had a couple of questions, but don't know if they've already been covered yet in one of his threads....

First, the gun.
How could anyone (even a kid in the dark) not be able to tell a handgun from a shotgun?
That has always made me wonder.
How were they sure it was even a gun (as opposed to a stick or something) if they couldn't tell if it was a handgun or shotgun?

Second, the police sketches.
Why is everybody blaming "DR" when he doesn't really look like the sketch.
I also couldn't see him being described as "stocky." I don't know his height. Would that have fit?
The sketch also looks older than he would have been at the time of Jacob's abduction.

*I just stared at the sketch for a bit and it makes me feel even more strongly that this guy is a scapegoat.

I'm familiar with what happened to Jacob, but haven't been able to look over ALL of the threads. There are 10 separate ones with around 40-pgs each.
I had a couple of questions, but don't know if they've already been covered yet in one of his threads....

First, the gun.
How could anyone (even a kid in the dark) not be able to tell a handgun from a shotgun?
How were they sure it was even a gun (as opposed to a stick or something) if they couldn't tell if it was a handgun or shotgun?

I also couldn't see him being described as "stocky." I don't know his height. Would that have fit?
The sketch also looks older than he would have been at the time of Jacob's abduction.

*I just stared at the sketch for a bit and it makes me feel even more strongly that this guy is a scapegoat.

I guess it depends on which sketch you're referring to, since there is more than one out there. DR is an easy target. Some of the circumstances make him look suspicious. However, this doesn't equal guilt. Until there is physical evidence that links DR to Jacob's abduction, or a confession, I believe all options still need to remain on the table.

First, the gun.

When i stare at that sketch i see a farmer kind of guy, when I stare even longer and think about that face being a little narrower, I see DR.

There are no sketches for Jacobs abductor. No one said it was a shotgun, the boys said it was a pistol.

First, the gun.

There is NO sketch of Jacob's abductor. He was wearing a mask.

The sketches are of different people . Some seen in the area. One is Jared's abductor.

Zero of Jacob's

First, the gun.

This is all from the Charley profile. The shotgun/handgun at the beginning. Two sketches at bottom.

I knew he was wearing a mask. I was kind of wondering where the "faces" came from as there are two sketches of "the abductor" (not just "people in the area").

http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/wetterling_jacob.html

I'm not taking Charley's word as the sole absolute truth. You shouldn't use one source and think that it tells all.

But I know that it is a good place to start. There may be more details out there, but I don't think the info there is wrong.

I'm not taking Charley's word as the sole absolute truth. You shouldn't use one source and think that it tells all.

But I know that it is a good place to start. There may be more details out there, but I don't think the info there is wrong.

The info IS wrong if you don't read it all or take it out of context. They are NOT sketches of Jacobs abductor.

I meant how did they get the sketches based on what the kids said about the abductors if he was wearing a mask? The mask must have come off for them to get faces. And I was mainly trying to dispute that there were sketches of the abductor. I never meant to imply the sketches were of Jacob. There's plenty of actual photos of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CinderFricknElla