MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY!! How did he know which way they were headed? And would he really take a chance and park far up a driveway not knowing if/when the homeowner may come out or dogs would bark? Not only that, if he took the chance to park there he also took the chance to walk all the way down to the road to kidnap Jacob and walk back up the driveway when a car could come driving in or out at any minute. Would someone really risk being caught? This guy went to the trouble to disguise himself so he wouldn't get caught, why would he be so stupid as to park his car on a driveway risking discovery?

And then we get back to no unexplained tire tracks which always loses me, but I am trying to be open minded.

He knew who the boys were. He saw which direction the boys came from and knew they'd be returning down that same road.

Whoever did this, DR or some other guy, took a chance. DR would have taken a chance being down there and risking a car driving by. So would a perp who parked his car 40 yards up the driveway (since that is where the footprints end, and right next to a tire track....logic points to him being put into a vehicle).

And once again, the scene was so contaminated that I don't believe LE could have accounted for all possible tire tracks. JMO

For what offense? I didn't see it on the references?

"Rodriguez had been released from jail in May of 2003 after completing a 23-year prison term for stabbing and trying to kidnap a woman. Rodriguez had also previously pleaded guilty to rape."

“unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison”

2014 St. Joseph, MN, “halfway houses” = Residential Habilitation Services, Adult Foster Care, Home and Community Based Services, Home and Community Based Services - Community Residential Setting, etc., etc., etc.

To wander further down this rabbit trail, see the 1989 St. Joseph, MN, telephone book, or contact the MN Department of Human Services . . .

Prov. 11:14

What exactly would one look under in the phone book. It seems like quite a job to look for that. Do you have links or do you have something that you copied that we can see?

He knew who the boys were. He saw which direction the boys came from and knew they'd be returning down that same road.

Whoever did this, DR or some other guy, took a chance. DR would have taken a chance being down there and risking a car driving by. So would a perp who parked his car 40 yards up the driveway (since that is where the footprints end, and right next to a tire track....logic points to him being put into a vehicle).

And once again, the scene was so contaminated that I don't believe LE could have accounted for all possible tire tracks. JMO

Could you please provide the documentation that indicates that the scene was contaminated so they could not figure out tire tracks?

Why would a grown man lie about several different cars coming up his driveway?

Why would he lie about the black stockings his mother owned?

What exactly would one look under in the phone book. It seems like quite a job to look for that. Do you have links or do you have something that you copied that we can see?

...I think the intent was to send others on a wild goose chase......

The phone book listings were a list of licensed caregivers such as halfway houses in 2014 in St. Joe, then suggested finding a similar list in 1989.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A car could be parked at the halfway house if it was closer to DRs than the Wetterling house. Grab him and run, it was pitch black out.

I think there is some confusion here. The sex offender who was closer to the abduction scene than the Wetterling's home, was the one guy who was arrested for the burglary. The halfway house was just "in St. Joe" not near the abduction scene. That road just had private homes and farms back in 1989. These are two separate things.

I think there is some confusion here. The sex offender who was closer to the abduction scene than the Wetterling's home, was the one guy who was arrested for the burglary. The halfway house was just "in St. Joe" not near the abduction scene. That road just had private homes and farms back in 1989. These are two separate things.

THAT clears a lot up! Thank you!

I've been thinking about could DH be involved in Jacob's kidnapping, but there are a lot question marks:

1. Why would DAH be in St. Joseph, more than an hour's drive from his home near Belgrade?

2. Why would DAH (or anyone for that matter) be on a dead end road at that time of the night?

3. If the perp wasn't on the south side of the hill, why would they be by the Tom Thumb scouting for kids on would otherwise be a school night? Only locals would know it wasn't a school night for St. Joseph's kids.

4. Of all the known information about DAH, I don't believe I've ever seen info that indicated he had a gun.

5. He molested a lot of boys and had relations with a lot of men - why kidnap a child?

6. He was well-known in the Paynesville area, but not in St. Joseph - so why wear a mask?

I imply cannot see how a person who started drinking at age six could be very functional

"Eighteen months after Jacob’s disappearance a man was arrested for burglary in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Upon running a criminal background check, law enforcement officials discovered that the man was a previously convicted sex offender. Further, the St. Joseph police learned that in October, 1989 the man had lived closer to Jacob’s abduction site than did the Wetterling family; yet, local police had not been aware of his presence within the community. In fact, unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison. This information was disconcerting because during the search it was commonly assumed that Jacob’s kidnapper had attempted similar behavior in the past. The St. Joseph police lamented that prior knowledge of the presence of these previously convicted sex offenders may have prevented Jacob’s abduction in the first place."

So just to put this away for good, the man of the halfway house was arrested and released without any involvement in the abduction.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/

Why would a grown man lie about several different cars coming up his driveway?

Why would he lie about the black stockings his mother owned?

Where is the information the mother owned black stockings? This has never been documented.

RBBM

Vehicle used in the abduction or not, I agree with the above.

Could you please provide the documentation that indicates that the scene was contaminated so they could not figure out tire tracks?

I have looked at more pictures of the print field in the driveway than most of you have (thanks to those here who shared with me), even though Sterns County has declined to share what they have. From the photographs I have seen and my 40+ years doing this, I am saying the print field was very contaminated from the start by first responders and family, other vehicles known to have driven up and down the driveway, by at least one LE patrol car, then by the SAR teams on ATV and Horse. It is a small miracle that they were able to make any sense out of it and even find a good set of Jacobs prints (and I have yet to see any actual proof that it was Jacobs prints and that they were not faked). Since I am a registered resource here and the moderators have a full set of my credentials and case examples including at least two FBI related missing person cases, you can quote me. I marked up a good photograph for Joy, but she has yet to publish it in her blog.

Intentional or not, it comes across as breadcrumbs left in a mocking manner. If someone knows what actually occurred, it should have been shared with LE long ago. They have however, been some interesting breadcrumbs. That said, Jacobs life is not something to use as a taunt or game for amusement. Just my humble opinion.

The phone book listings were a list of licensed caregivers such as halfway houses in 2014 in St. Joe, then suggested finding a similar list in 1989.

Let's work with the theory that there was a child sex offender in this nearby halfway house at the time of abduction, there would be a caregiver on staff for 24 hours and there are rules for coming and going in the home. That being said, the caregiver would likely have come forward after hearing of a child abducted up the street if they had any information regarding an offender who was not present at the time of abduction or was not in their room for a head count.

And then we go to why they would be on DR driveway. The abductor would have had to dispose of Jacob immediately as he had nowhere to safely take him except the woods. The abductor is taking a HUGE risk knowing that he just released 2 boys who are most certainly going to inform a nearby parent and then cops. This abductor was not a risk taker, he used a mask and bulky jacket and likely disguised his voice...Why risk stealing 1 boy out of 3 when you know that those boys will be bringing people immediately to the scene of the abduction. If this is the case, Jacob's body would still be in those woods even after cadaver dogs were sent to search and found nothing. And the multiple search parties also found nothing.

And then you ask WHY WOULD DR RISK BRINGING COPS TO SCENE OF ABDUCTION? His own home? He knows his family is known as good, church going people in the community. He himself is a teacher with no criminal record or known history of child molestation, etc. He knows if he plays his cards right, cops will look elsewhere for their perp...especially since Jared's abduction was all over the news not long before this night. It played out exactly like he thought with cops putting Jared's sketch out there for the public to see even though the boys did not see a face. This was a long played out fantasy of his, to grab a boy off the street and take him away in the now empty home for his own fantasies to be played out. I believe he had been watching these boys from a distance when they out and about during the day. This time with his parents away, and the boys alone in the dark of night he could actually carry it out. I also think that because he acted impulsively, he may have gotten rid of Jacob sooner than he had wanted...don't think his plan included the end game of what to do with him once he was done.

He was smart enough to call 911 to bring attention to the fact that he is trying to actively communicate with cops (would a real abductor be so bold?) And by going out to cops that night and offering to search his own buildings, he effectively deflected the focus on someone else (again, would the real perp go face to face with cops?) DR is a smart man and his techniques worked initially, buying him more time. When the cops went to his job the next day, he was caught off guard and came up with the strange car story to throw them off even more. If there really was a strange car that drove up DR's driveway at the time of abduction, you could be darn sure he would have mentioned it to the 911 operator that night or directly to the cops in the driveway. And he certainly would not have searched his own buildings as it would be obvious that the car that drove up with the small child in the passenger seat that he said he saw the next day was long gone.

I think his long pent up compulsion brought him to commit this act after years of being abused by a trusted priest. This is how pedophiles are made and this area had many pedophile-makers in the area.

DR did not become a witness until the next day, when investigators pulled him into the principals office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper