MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am reading it correctly, the perv lived close to the Wetterlings. He was looked at on here somewhere and quite a lengthy discussion was had about him. Maybe if you search his name on here you will come up with the conversations.

But it does not say the halfway house was by them , does it? It just says there was one inSt. joe? Is that correct?

Wasn't there an allegation of a DR visitor that night from out of state who had an unsavory past? Someone who recently shut down his Facebook or that DR removed from FB after an odd comment?

It was only a guess. There is nothing that indicates tat the perv was visiting.

And yes. His FB was taken down post haste once he was revealed on here.

Someone said that DR reads on here. Do not remember who, though

I suppose it's unlikely that DR was entertaining any friends at his house that night. LE would have seen them leave during the night or the next day. Just thinking aloud.

They certainly could have left going out the back path, couldn't they?

If I am reading it correctly, the perv lived close to the Wetterlings. He was looked at on here somewhere and quite a lengthy discussion was had about him. Maybe if you search his name on here you will come up with the conversations.

But it does not say the halfway house was by them , does it? It just says there was one inSt. joe? Is that correct?

Correct. Just because it was closer to the abduction scene than the Wetterling house, it doesn't mean it was between the abduction scene and the Wetterling home. It only means that it was within a radius from the scene that was less than the distance to the Wetterling home.

Correct. Just because it was closer to the abduction scene than the Wetterling house, it doesn't mean it was between the abduction scene and the Wetterling home. It only means that it was within a radius from the scene that was less than the distance to the Wetterling home.

It is not correct that it means that it was just in St. joes it means that it was within a quarter mile of DRs house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not correct that it means that it was just in St. joes it means that it was within a quarter mile of DRs house.

Perhaps the perv. I know we talked about him on here.

But where the halfway houses are are not indicated

The link I posted made it sound like the half way house was in that location. The report also says that it was figured out there was sex offenders in that location because one of them was arrested for burglary 18 months after Jacob was abducted and was questioned for the abduction. I find it amazing that with the 100 or more sex offenders in Stearns county in 1989 all of them were eliminated.

You know -- it's been over four years since LE did that dig at DR's. And they said they couldn't find anything that definitively connected him to the crime. For that matter, they can't find *anything* it seems to definitively connect *anyone* to the crime. As is often pointed out here, the only connection as it were is the fact that DR lives right there. Which, is no small matter, but without viable concrete evidence, he may forever be the "POI."

We have witnesses, we have several digs, we have several other sexual assaults (I can't believe how many boys have been attacked in such a relatively small area!!!). If it's not just one person committing these crimes it's a whole cadre of separately operating sexual predators. Very strange.

I went back into the threads and I do see where most of our ideas have been vetted and outlined. I have a pretty good idea where people are coming from. It seems most here believe DR is the perpetrator of Jacob's abduction, a couple think the abbey may in some way be involved, and a few are sitting on the fence. Mossad seems to be coming at it from a whole other angle. And yet there's no usable proof (according to LE) so far.

I appreciate Joy drawing fresh attention to the case, but I didn't really learn anything new from the show. However, the fact that Joy was able to get John Walsh to feature Jacob and elicit over a 100 tips is something.

By the way, I appreciate the dialogue and civil discourse here. I think it's important to keep the ideas flowing and keep Jacob on people's minds. I know there are souls who google Jacob's case and come here to find out more. It appears to me that the "answer" to this case is hidden under layers of secrets. Sadly we don't know all those secrets and LE isn't going to divulge what they know to anyone anytime soon it seems.

Thanks to everyone here who cares so much about Jacob and is willing to give their time to explore what may have happened to him. Like many of you, I'll never stop looking for the truth. It is discouraging that 25 has passed and -- no answers for the Wetterling family ....

The link I posted made it sound like the half way house was in that location. The report also says that it was figured out there was sex offenders in that location because one of them was arrested for burglary 18 months after Jacob was abducted and was questioned for the abduction. I find it amazing that with the 100 or more sex offenders in Stearns county in 1989 all of them were eliminated.

I really don't see it saying that at all.

The quote follows

Eighteen months after Jacob’s disappearance a man was arrested for burglary in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Upon running a criminal background check, law enforcement officials discovered that the man was a previously convicted sex offender. Further, the St. Joseph police learned that in October, 1989 the man had lived closer to Jacob’s abduction site than did the Wetterling family; yet, local police had not been aware of his presence within the community. In fact, unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison. This information was disconcerting because during the search it was commonly assumed that Jacob’s kidnapper had attempted similar behavior in the past. The St. Joseph police lamented that prior knowledge of the presence of these previously convicted sex offenders may have prevented Jacob’s abduction in the first place.

Do you have the name or address? I know it is on here somewhere.

We can look on Spokeo to see who lived at the address.

I really don't see it saying that at all.

The quote follows

Eighteen months after Jacob’s disappearance a man was arrested for burglary in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Upon running a criminal background check, law enforcement officials discovered that the man was a previously convicted sex offender. Further, the St. Joseph police learned that in October, 1989 the man had lived closer to Jacob’s abduction site than did the Wetterling family; yet, local police had not been aware of his presence within the community. In fact, unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison. This information was disconcerting because during the search it was commonly assumed that Jacob’s kidnapper had attempted similar behavior in the past. The St. Joseph police lamented that prior knowledge of the presence of these previously convicted sex offenders may have prevented Jacob’s abduction in the first place.

Reread the link in #728 in the paragraph under the picture of the boys bikes. That is what I got out of it, please read again and let me know what you think. Maybe I am not looking at it right.

Reread the link in #728 in the paragraph under the picture of the boys bikes. That is what I got out of it, please read again and let me know what you think. Maybe I am not looking at it right.

That is the quote. The one I posted is the one under the bikes. To me, it does not say the sex offenser house was by the Wetterlings.

Here is the relevant part of the quote, to me:

In fact, unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison.

Do you have the name or address? I know it is on here somewhere.

We can look on Spokeo to see who lived at the address.

Mossad found his name for us once before - I copied this back then from Mossad's post:

“What do you need?” I asked law enforcement. “What would help you find Jacob?” The police responded, “It would have helped to know who was in the area at the time of Jacob’s abduction.”
There was a man arrested for burglary in St. Cloud a year and a half after Jacob’s abduction. When
police ran a criminal history check on him, they found he had victimized young boys in his past. He lived closer to the abduction site than we do, but police did not know about this person at the time.
– U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Conference on Sex Offender Registries, Proceedings of a BJS/SEARCH conference, April 1998, NCJ-168965, Paper presented by Patty Wetterling, “The Jacob Wetterling story,” at page 15. [http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/Ncsor.pdf]
The State of Minnesota vs. DAVID STEVEN PARKER (TEMPE, AZ 85821)
DOB: 03/20/1969
Case No. 73-K1-91-000492
Date Filed: 02/20/1991
The State of Minnesota vs. DAVID STEVEN PARKER (SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85251)
Case No. 05-K5-91-000349
Date Filed: 05/07/1991

Mossad found his name for us once before - I copied this back then from Mossad's post:

“What do you need?” I asked law enforcement. “What would help you find Jacob?” The police responded, “It would have helped to know who was in the area at the time of Jacob’s abduction.”
There was a man arrested for burglary in St. Cloud a year and a half after Jacob’s abduction. When
police ran a criminal history check on him, they found he had victimized young boys in his past. He lived closer to the abduction site than we do, but police did not know about this person at the time.
– U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, National Conference on Sex Offender Registries, Proceedings of a BJS/SEARCH conference, April 1998, NCJ-168965, Paper presented by Patty Wetterling, “The Jacob Wetterling story,” at page 15. [http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/Ncsor.pdf]
The State of Minnesota vs. DAVID STEVEN PARKER (TEMPE, AZ 85821)
Case No. 73-K1-91-000492
Date Filed: 02/20/1991
The State of Minnesota vs. DAVID STEVEN PARKER (SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85251)
Case No. 05-K5-91-000349
Date Filed: 05/07/1991

Has this man been interviewed by the BCA? Why choose the music teacher over this guy?

I think that is a very harsh review of the show. I applaud John Walsh for featuring this 25 year old case and bringing attention to it again. Yes, all the details were not explained (they did not have a 3 hour time slot) and some of the re-enactments were a bit off. But honestly, I think overall it was very well done and the scenes were haunting. The actor they picked to play Jacob was a dead ringer and portraying the boys on the ground....it just gives me shivers.

You have to remember that they make these shows palpable to the general viewer. They can't go into 15 different scenarios and minute details. People will get confused and lose interested. IMO they picked the most plausible angle at the moment (that Jared and Paynesville cases are related) and they went with that angle.

I think John has done some tremendous work in his career and he would never "half-*advertiser censored*" a show on a topic like this. He of all people understands how the Wetterlings feel. If you have media contacts, then ask another show to take a different angle. But don't begrudge John Walsh for making a very good effort at one particular theory.

And how do you know that LE and FBI have not changed their focus? Are you a member of the investigation team? If not, they how can you say that? It sounds like you think you can do better than Joy...so where is your blog? Who cares if this puts Joy's writing in the spotlight. It's for a good cause and she's done more interviews and divulged more details on this case than anyone else has. IMO, the only person who has a say in Joy's intentions is Patty Wetterling. Obviously she supports Joy's efforts, so I think we should follow Patty's lead. Do you think Patty would allow a woman to gain fame and fortune off of her son and family's tragedy?! Of course not.

This is extremely accurate and perfectly said. I agree with what you have to say on every point. Thank you for putting this out there.

Great dialogue. But this guy was born in 1969 making him 44 years old now. He would have been 19 at the time of the abduction.

Great dialogue. But this guy was born in 1969 making him 44 years old now. He would have been 19 at the time of the abduction.

It appears that is the case with at least two of the individuals we have been discussing. Since there are limits on what we can say, I think I can remark that based on BAU profiles of sexual predators and serial killers, in some cases it is "learned behavior" and let you all draw your own conclusions as to where it is learned from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024