MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were so many vehicles, footsteps, horses that convened on and around the abduction place, plus the idea that St. J was a small town with LE that had not dealt with such a crime, that I cannot understand how anyone can state there was no vehicle involved.

We do not know that about the prints. We do know that the horses came on Sat. That is documented on here.

Sher documented that plaster casts were made at 1:00 AM.

THe LE does have experience with crime

Do we have any objective evidence that "Kevin" did not arrive until after the abduction? According to DR, he did not see Kevin's car drive in and turn around.

Yes. Kevin went chasing off after the speeding cop cars that were responding to Merle's 911 call. Therefore, unless he's a time traveler :) he didn't get to the scene until after the abduction had taken place and the boys had run home and told Merle about it.

At that time, which car was he driving?

OK. So if "Kevin" drove up the driveway and turned around and was seen by three witnesses, those tire prints should have been obvious as heck in the print field.

The 4 witnesses (mom was there also) were playing cards with kevin at his girlfriend's house when he left with the others to go follow the cop cars. So the witnesses saw him leave after cop cars went by, they weren't at the scene.

Sorry, the 4 witnesses were Kevin's gf, his gf's mom, his gf's brother and the brother's wife.

My million dollar question is...if he was driving a car with new tires, is there only one set of prints with "new tire" characteristics? Did LE check the tires on both his car and his GF's car?

My million dollar question is...if he was driving a car with new tires, is there only one set of prints with "new tire" characteristics? Did LE check the tires on both his car and his GF's car?

I am confused. The crime was 1989 and Kevin came forward years later.

I would imagine the tires and car were long gone

OK. So if "Kevin" drove up the driveway and turned around and was seen by three witnesses, those tire prints should have been obvious as heck in the print field.

The 3 witnesses witnessed him in a house until after the abduction and 911 call and cops went by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm reading a book called Abduction: the tears of a lonely pathway by Kristy Gambron. There is a chapter on Jacob which has some info i didn't know before. Was DR Jacob's 6th grade teacher? that's what it says in the book. Also she claims that there was suspicious material found on Dr's computer and that the items taken away in the 2010 search included: a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand, a cedar chest and several barrels.
What do you think?

What does that have to do with anything if he was with a house full of people until the crime and then went with his girlfriend in her car after the crime? How can he be involved at all?

Regarding the witnesses to Kevin...has there ever been anyone on record stating they were with him, saw him, etc? It's just Kevin's word right?

I have yet to see an interview with:

1) GF
2) GF's mother, brother, brother's GF
3) Cop he spoke with at Cotton's office
4) Cashier at Tom Thumb he talked to
5) Anyone at Tom Thumb who saw him

ETA...I don't think Kevin is a suspect, I'm just trying to justify my opinion that he could be fictitious.

I'm reading a book called Abduction: the tears of a lonely pathway by Kristy Gambron. There is a chapter on Jacob which has some info i didn't know before. Was DR Jacob's 6th grade teacher? that's what it says in the book. Also she claims that there was suspicious material found on Dr's computer and that the items taken away in the 2010 search included: a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand, a cedar chest and several barrels.
What do you think?

Sounds right except the suspicious stuff on the computer and DR was never Jacob's teacher.

Regarding the witnesses to Kevin...has there ever been anyone on record stating they were with him, saw him, etc? It's just Kevin's word right?

I have yet to see an interview with:

1) GF
2) GF's mother, brother, brother's GF
3) Cop he spoke with at Cotton's office
4) Cashier at Tom Thumb he talked to
5) Anyone at Tom Thumb who saw him

If they did any interviews they were hush hush as is everything to do with Kevin. Someone in St. Joe knows who he is.

There might have been no interviews with Kevin's family/Gf but LE will definately have checked out his story, they can't have been that useless. Also DR has met Kevin and discussed that night at length with him. Joy brought them together.

KMSP-TV Fox 9 Transcript
The transcript for that missing video (Kevin's portion) is at this link. I sure wish they hadn't deleted that video.

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/#high_1
(You have to scroll down to the photo of two people talking. That is DR and Trish Van Pilsum)

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/#high_1

I will just say that Kevin's portion of that interview could in reality have been an undercover cop, as has been mentioned on this thread.

I sure wish the Trish Van Pilsum video was still available. Watching that thing gave me a physical response.

What do you think?

The barrels were not from the R family. Those were part of St. Joe's 4th of July celebration, they use them as huge coolers for their beer and pop stands and also for garbage. They just hauled all the barrels and food stand equipment out of the R barn first, because the 4th was coming up. The barrels are the property of St. Joe and not DR. I imagine they did look at them as they were loading them, but that wasn't anything tied to Jacob's case or evidence. The lawn chair, cedar chest and umbrella stand belonged to the family and were taken as evidence. Nmogren is correct, DR was never Jacob's teacher.

According to the story, which as far as I know, is the only actual reference we have to Kevin; he was driving his girlfriend's car at the time; and also, according to the story; he, his girlfriend, her brother and his wife, were all at his girlfriend's Mother's house, and had been for some time that evening; sounds as if they were close to getting ready to break up for the evening anyway, when they heard the information on a scanner that the girl's mother had on in the background, and then they saw the cop car's go by with lights on and Kevin and his GF went in her car, then her brother and his wife I guess went in his vehicle, but, they took a different route or something. So, according to the story, Kevin was driving her car, and there were 5 of them altogether at the time they heard about the abduction on the scanner.

According to the story the/her car was "(a mid-sized silver/tan Grand Prix with a removable t-top and/or vinyl roof)."

That was quoted/copy/pasted from Joy's Blog: http://www.joybaker.com//?s=Kevin's+Story

I will just say that Kevin's portion of that interview could in reality have been an undercover cop, as has been mentioned on this thread.

I sure wish the Trish Van Pilsum video was still available. Watching that thing gave me a physical response.

That would explain one thing that's always bothered me about Kevin, that he thought the DR driveway was a road. That's never made sense to me.

That would explain one thing that's always bothered me about Kevin, that he thought the DR driveway was a road. That's never made sense to me.

But if you have never been up that road which i suppose most people wont have as it's a dead end, it seems fair enough that he could have thought DR's drive was another way out. What puzzles you about it?

Off topic, but I just want to point out the credibility of "witness" by giving an example that just happened to me.

I stopped for lunch (solo) at Panera Bread, sat by a window. I went to my truck, then headed to another store when I suddenly realized I didn't know the whereabouts of my purse. I hurried back to the restaurant. Two women were sitting at the table I had previously occupied. I asked if they had seen my purse. (No) However, one of the women stated she was a people-watcher who had seen me go by the window. She was certain I was not carrying a purse. (The black purse would have stood out next to my light blue shirt.)

I then went back to my truck, remembering I had placed something in my glove compartment before leaving the parking lot. Guess what! My purse was also in the glove compartment.

So much for this people-watcher witness. And, maybe so much for witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper