MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you have never been up that road which i suppose most people wont have as it's a dead end, it seems fair enough that he could have thought DR's drive was another way out. What puzzles you about it?

I think a local should have known it was a driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you have never been up that road which i suppose most people wont have as it's a dead end, it seems fair enough that he could have thought DR's drive was another way out. What puzzles you about it?

I've been there several times. It's narrow, for one-way traffic, there are no signs, there was a row of phone poles along one side, and a wire fence on the other. I realize it was dark out, but it's a little hard to swallow that he thought it was a road, except that Kevin was young.

Something else to be considered concerning those circumstances; whereas you mentioned that, DR may have been unlucky enough to have the crime occurring where he happened to live, and his social idiosyncrasies, etc... - is that, DR did become a POI after 21 years, (in which case, he hadn't really been previous to that), and the thing that triggered that, was when "Kevin" came forward, giving information about his having driven through the crime scene that night; and then, as a result of that happening, LE somehow or another (that I Really Can't Understand), then concluded that, because of that, there had not been any vehicle involved in Jacob's abduction. Well, if it were concluded that there were no vehicle involved, then, DR would in fact come to mind as maybe the one individual who could have possibly committed the crime, just due to logistics.

Like Phantom mentioned in post #576 "Frustrating to ponder that an abduction took place and police quickly arrived -- FBI immediately got involved. Choppers, dogs, forensics people, LE, three searches, interviews, blogs, TV shows, tips from the public - twenty five years later - no arrest..... What's going on?"

So, with the circumstances being that the immediate area was pretty much flooded with LE quite quickly after the abduction, then, it's hard to see how someone, Not DR, could have pulled it off, on foot! Where did they go, so quickly, taking Jacob with them, and having no vehicle. It would be hard to see how someone, not DR, on foot, would have been able to pull it off. Again, where did they go, so quickly, On Foot?

So, given those circumstances, seems like DR surfaced as the only realistic possibility. The problem I have, is that, I see no sense in LE having concluded, in 2003 that there had been no vehicle used. This just makes no sense to me at all. I expect that it's way more likely than not that a vehicle was used. At least that's my thinking.

How do we know it was not one of DR's vehicles?

KMSP-TV Fox 9 Transcript
The transcript for that missing video (Kevin's portion) is at this link. I sure wish they hadn't deleted that video.

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/#high_1
(You have to scroll down to the photo of two people talking. That is DR and Trish Van Pilsum)

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/#high_1

You're absolutely right! That video is so applicable....why can't we see it today? It STILL matters.

The 3 witnesses witnessed him in a house until after the abduction and 911 call and cops went by.

Source and link? Or is it simply Joy's Blog?

The barrels were not from the R family. Those were part of St. Joe's 4th of July celebration, they use them as huge coolers for their beer and pop stands and also for garbage. They just hauled all the barrels and food stand equipment out of the R barn first, because the 4th was coming up. The barrels are the property of St. Joe and not DR. I imagine they did look at them as they were loading them, but that wasn't anything tied to Jacob's case or evidence. The lawn chair, cedar chest and umbrella stand belonged to the family and were taken as evidence. Nmogren is correct, DR was never Jacob's teacher.

I have a new theory surrounding the lawn chair, cedar chest, and umbrella stand. The umbrella stand and lawn chair have always made no sense. I am beginning to think that when they searched above the garage and found these items that they found them setup like a virtual paradise/hangout/mancave. Like a picnic scenario and it was a place DR sat on the chair and dwells in his shrine. Was the cedar chest empty or full of stuff that he dwelled in?

According to the story, which as far as I know, is the only actual reference we have to Kevin; he was driving his girlfriend's car at the time; and also, according to the story; he, his girlfriend, her brother and his wife, were all at his girlfriend's Mother's house, and had been for some time that evening; sounds as if they were close to getting ready to break up for the evening anyway, when they heard the information on a scanner that the girl's mother had on in the background, and then they saw the cop car's go by with lights on and Kevin and his GF went in her car, then her brother and his wife I guess went in his vehicle, but, they took a different route or something. So, according to the story, Kevin was driving her car, and there were 5 of them altogether at the time they heard about the abduction on the scanner.

According to the story the/her car was "(a mid-sized silver/tan Grand Prix with a removable t-top and/or vinyl roof)."

That was quoted/copy/pasted from Joy's Blog: http://www.joybaker.com//?s=Kevin's+Story

1. I seem to remember reading here that DR (or someone) saw a tan Grand Prix or Monte Carlo turn around in the driveway the day of the abduction. 2. Why would "Kevin" be driving his girlfriends car if his car had new tires and was road worthy?

1. I seem to remember reading here that DR (or someone) saw a tan Grand Prix or Monte Carlo turn around in the driveway the day of the abduction. 2. Why would "Kevin" be driving his girlfriends car if his car had new tires and was road worthy?

Kevin's girlfriends car was a tan / silver Grand Prix. It was that car that had the new tires on it. The car Rassier reported seeing was smaller, and dark in color. It's been reported that the car he saw did not match the description of the car that Kevin was driving, and I believe Rassier himself has said it was not Kevin that he saw.

1. It is a part of DR's story: Here is a quote from Dan's Story from Joy's Blog: Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big tan-colored car (possibly a 1972-1978 Monte Carlo with a white vinyl top) comes racing down the driveway. When it reaches the farmyard, the car whips a u-turn (dust flying everywhere, like a stunt car), and goes racing back out of the driveway. He has never seen anything like this happen at their farm before.

2. Kevin's story has always been that he was driving his girlfriend's car on that evening. In my original post concerning the tire tracks, I referred to them as Kevin's tracks and Kevin's car; but, it has always been the story that he was driving his girlfriend's car that evening and he states that He is the one who left the tracks that evening. I didn't think it was necessary to spell out in my post that he was driving his girlfriend's car, because, that's always been a part of the story; I was referring to the car that he was driving and the tracks that he stated he had left. It was her car that he was referring to that had the new tires. ELOCsoul had pointed that out in post #654.

Also: concerning ELOCsoul's post #689, just before this; I thought I'd include the following:

I just wanted to include this comment because ELOCsoul and I were both responding to a post by Tracker, and we each addressed two different aspects; just trying to clarify; hope it makes sense.

There's actually two different things here, DR reported seeing a car in the afternoon, which as far as I know, has never been connected to Jacob's abduction, (except that DR seems to think that it was the Perp), but, it happened in the afternoon; it was a larger vehicle described as 'a big tan colored car...' also described above. But on the night of the abduction DR states that he had seen 'a smaller dark colored car' around the time of the abduction. It's always seemed odd to me that he's stated about seeing the smaller dark colored car around the time of the abduction, but, in an interview, he states that he thinks the larger car that he saw during the daytime is the Perpetrator. Not certain what to make of that.

Am I the only person that thinks that the US Marshall that Kevin told at a party that he drove up the driveway that night was more than likely AL Garber? how many US Marshall's live in the Mpls area?

Kevin's girlfriend was a tan / silver Grand Prix. It was that car that had the new tires on it. The car Rassier reported seeing was smaller, and dark in color. It's been reported that the car he saw did not match the description of the car that Kevin was driving, and I believe Rassier himself has said it was not Kevin that he saw.

Well lets put the pieces together then-the small dark car and the tan monte carlo-they dont exist. And this makes sense because the teacher went to bed and work the next morning before mentioning it.

I think a local should have known it was a driveway.

And even if Kevin wasn't a local, his girlfriend was. She would have known that DR's driveway was not a through road.

Am I the only person that thinks that the US Marshall that Kevin told at a party that he drove up the driveway that night was more than likely AL Garber? how many US Marshall's live in the Mpls area?

We have a US border patrol (federal agent) as a neighbor in south central mn but of course he is never home. They all have homes, doesn't mean they are ever there.

I have a new theory surrounding the lawn chair, cedar chest, and umbrella stand. The umbrella stand and lawn chair have always made no sense. I am beginning to think that when they searched above the garage and found these items that they found them setup like a virtual paradise/hangout/mancave. Like a picnic scenario and it was a place DR sat on the chair and dwells in his shrine. Was the cedar chest empty or full of stuff that he dwelled in?

I'm just going to say it, "You are really stretching this." He must have had a good time in that mancave in Minnesota winters.

Was the tan monte carlo ever spoken of before kevin came forward, or is this the changing of stories they speak of?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/allen-garber/27/398/b67

[h=4]Supervisory Special Agent[/h][h=5]Federal Bureau of Investigation[/h]April 1968 – October 1999 (31 years 7 months)Minneapolis, Grand Forks, San Francisco, NYC, Rapid CitySupervised SWAT teams, Fugitive Task Force, Major kidnapping investigation, Police and FBI training, and violent crimes squad.

[h=4]United States Marshal[/h][h=5]United States Marshals Service[/h]April 2002 – December 2006 (4 years 9 months)

I'm just going to say it, "You are really stretching this." He must have had a good time in that mancave in Minnesota winters.

What is the logic behind taking a lawn chair then? They had to preserve the scene as they found it. LE cant just say "Well there was a lawn chair there and it was setup like this" in my evolving opinion on this is that the chest was full of things. Securing another warrant which resulted in another box beneath his bed.

1. It is a part of DR's story: Here is a quote from Dan's Story from Joy's Blog: Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big tan-colored car (possibly a 1972-1978 Monte Carlo with a white vinyl top) comes racing down the driveway. When it reaches the farmyard, the car whips a u-turn (dust flying everywhere, like a stunt car), and goes racing back out of the driveway. He has never seen anything like this happen at their farm before.

2. Kevin's story has always been that he was driving his girlfriend's car on that evening. In my original post concerning the tire tracks, I referred to them as Kevin's tracks and Kevin's car; but, it has always been the story that he was driving his girlfriend's car that evening and he states that He is the one who left the tracks that evening. I didn't think it was necessary to spell out in my post that he was driving his girlfriend's car, because, that's always been a part of the story; I was referring to the car that he was driving and the tracks that he stated he had left. It was her car that he was referring to that had the new tires. ELOCsoul had pointed that out in post #654.

Also: concerning ELOCsoul's post #689, just before this; I thought I'd include the following:

I just wanted to include this comment because ELOCsoul and I were both responding to a post by Tracker, and we each addressed two different aspects; just trying to clarify; hope it makes sense.

There's actually two different things here, DR reported seeing a car in the afternoon, which as far as I know, has never been connected to Jacob's abduction, (except that DR seems to think that it was the Perp), but, it happened in the afternoon; it was a larger vehicle described as 'a big tan colored car...' also described above. But on the night of the abduction DR states that he had seen 'a smaller dark colored car' around the time of the abduction. It's always seemed odd to me that he's stated about seeing the smaller dark colored car around the time of the abduction, but, in an interview, he states that he thinks the larger car that he saw during the daytime is the Perpetrator. Not certain what to make of that.

I wonder what model and color car Kevin owned.

Who would agree at this point that either Kevin is slowly coming forward about this, or its DR and noone else? Are we down to it or is there a phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024