MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the song goes, "Let's start from the very beginning, a very good place to start..."

DR didn't do this...I don't think Jacob's family even think he's involved. He's an easy target of LE to make it seem like they are making progress. Meanwhile the guy gives interviews, lie detector s, hypnosis and they dig up his property and nothing. Time to move along imo

Patty sent DR a letter asking him about whether he did it or not, and also asked him when she met with him. So I'm not sure I'm buying they don't suspect him. I don't think anyone needs to be told to move along. We can discuss all options. JMO.

yes, I think all theories can be considered. especially since he hasn't been found and its been 25 years.

Phantom, I think the beginning is a very good place to start. As in all kidnappings, we have to first look at the parents and branch out from there. Who did Patti and Jerry associate with? What groups were they a part of? I found PTA, NAACP, anyone know if any other groups where someone would associate with the parents to get to know Jacob? Anyone who is friends with the Wetterlings that has a bad past? <modsnip>

yes, I think all theories can be considered. especially since he hasn't been found and its been 25 years.

Phantom, I think the beginning is a very good place to start. As in all kidnappings, we have to first look at the parents and branch out from there. Who did Patti and Jerry associate with? What groups were they a part of? I found PTA, NAACP, anyone know if any other groups where someone would associate with the parents to get to know Jacob? Anyone who is friends with the Wetterlings that has a bad past? Is Jerry an upstanding guy?
Jerry is a member of the Bahai faith tradition. It believes we all worship the same God.

Phantom, I think the beginning is a very good place to start. As in all kidnappings, we have to first look at the parents and branch out from there. Who did Patti and Jerry associate with? What groups were they a part of? I found PTA, NAACP, anyone know if any other groups where someone would associate with the parents to get to know Jacob? Anyone who is friends with the Wetterlings that has a bad past? Is Jerry an upstanding guy?
They lived very close to DR

I read up about the faith. Does he worship at a temple? Is there a Baha'i temple around? Who does (did) he worship with?

What do you mean mnsuz? I am not saying either of them are responsible. They could not have been two places at once. What do they do in their spare time, who do they associate with? The kidnapper was someone local who knew the area. The place he was taken is not a well traveled route. Many times it is someone who knows the child or the parents.

This is the year that we are all going to find out why DR was named a POI in 2010.

Why? Does LE have to release more info this year?

http://www.joybaker.com/category/jacob/

&#8220;You just hope it can lead to something good with him and maybe lead to something good for other missing children,&#8221; Larson said. &#8220;I think this is the first time where I really feel like something could happen, as far as some answers. There have been different things going on. I just feel like something is bound to happen. I think we&#8217;re going to get some answers.&#8221;

The thing that gets me about DR... surely Aaron and Trevor have heard him talk before. Wouldn't they be able to know if that was his voice? Even if he did try to disguise it, I feel like they still probably be able to tell or just have a gut feeling that it's the same person with a slightly altered voice. Like Aaron said, if he heard it again, he would know because it's not something you can forget.

I'm not solely convinced DR is or isn't the perp... this is just a question that has always bothered me when I think about it.

Patty sent DR a letter asking him about whether he did it or not, and also asked him when she met with him. So I'm not sure I'm buying they don't suspect him. I don't think anyone needs to be told to move along. We can discuss all options. JMO.

I agree. If LE hasn't ruled him out yet (and seemingly Jacob's family) then we shouldn't either.

Are you talking about what happened in Jordan in the 80s? info

Also, after the Brittany Wood sex abuse stuff started coming out... I'm not so sure that nothing happened in Jordan...

Of course I am just a nobody on the net, but my relative had adopted some children and they were in an adoption group where people deal with adoption issues. There were children from Jordan in that group.

I also know a social worker who worked on the cases. He is the one that told me about the feces in the bathtub. He said it was absolutely true. All of the molestation

I read up about the faith. Does he worship at a temple? Is there a Baha'i temple around? Who does (did) he worship with?

What do you mean mnsuz? I am not saying either of them are responsible. They could not have been two places at once. What do they do in their spare time, who do they associate with? The kidnapper was someone local who knew the area. The place he was taken is not a well traveled route. Many times it is someone who knows the child or the parents.

There is one temple in the US . It is in Wilmette Illinois.

The friends and family were investigated thoroughly. I imagine that is the first thing LE does. Why not?

This angle has been explored on both sides. I can't find the verifying article but they looked at other Baha'i's and then also looked at the idea a group kidnapped him in order to "save" him. But, again, why wouldn't they take his brother too?

In general, Bahai are very politically active and extremely nice people in my experience. Doubt there are a helluva lot in that area.

I am still trying to verify that Jerry owned at least one rental for CSB students. The lady that lived there won't return my emails, and I've been unable to locate it exactly.

We have one thing from LE. A POI. Why?

Yes, I am a broken record, but there is no way he is selected as a scapegoat. There are plenty of better choices for that.

So why is he a POI? That is what really nags at me.

The thing that gets me about DR... surely Aaron and Trevor have heard him talk before. Wouldn't they be able to know if that was his voice? Even if he did try to disguise it, I feel like they still probably be able to tell or just have a gut feeling that it's the same person with a slightly altered voice. Like Aaron said, if he heard it again, he would know because it's not something you can forget.

I'm not solely convinced DR is or isn't the perp... this is just a question that has always bothered me when I think about it.
It is not difficult to learn to throw your voice, esp say for someone that is really into music. I have called dog and horse races and my siblings don't know it's me. Voice is an instrument.

That says to me that LE has information that is credible to them and is not public.

I wonder if they actually have stated he is a POI in order to flush someone else from the shadows or make another person feel "the heat is off me and on this other guy."

Or DR knows who it is and has kept silent for two and a half decades because of the potential for harm to himself?

Puzzling to say the least. Maybe someday we'll know what really happened.

We have one thing from LE. A POI. Why?

Yes, I am a broken record, but there is no way he is selected as a scapegoat. There are plenty of better choices for that.

So why is he a POI? That is what really nags at me.
With no car tracks, who else had opportunity and a place to conceal body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield