MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a teacher since 1969 would have been retired for years. I am retired but have a current license.

Then her license should show up just like mine does. She may have a life license which was eliminated at some year---I forget. No need to renew. Maybe she is old enough to have that. There is no reason for his license to not show up on there before 89. Something is strange

The administrator in the report that SASlinked says that DR has been teaching since 1978 and has no complaints in his file.

Where is the license? When did he go to grad school?

Can this statement by the administrator be true?

ELOC - has there been any new developments in this case since 2010?

The administrator in the report that SASlinked says that DR has been teaching since 1978 and has no complaints in his file.

Where is the license? When did he go to grad school?

Can this statement by the administrator be true?
SJU has a sacred music program from what I remember--I cannot remember where I read this, but will post if I read again

Sure, he could be teaching in some kind of private setting like at St. John's prep. But that administrator would know ZERO then about what is in his file.

Could it be he only started teaching at public school in 1989?

Very interesting if he was at a orivate situation

Here is a license from someone I know. Not dure when the person started

LICENSE
TYPE DATE
REGISTERED
STATUS
DATE OF ACTION
VOCATIONAL 06/14/1984 PRINTED 06/20/1984
STANDARD 07/08/1986 PRINTED 09/15/1986
STANDARD 06/18/1991 PRINTED 07/24/1991

ELOC - has there been any new developments in this case since 2010?

Hmmm...I think that's a really interesting question. I think the answer depends on your perspective. From the public's viewpoint, for those who have been paying close attention, I would say "yes", there has been new developments in terms of connecting the dots between bits of information. A lot of old information has come to light since 2010 (post farm search). So, for a lot of us, there is a lot more detail than was available before.

From a media standpoint, I would say "somewhat". To the extent that the media has rediscovered "forgotten" bits and recycled them, sure. To the extent that the media tends to hype and dramatize things - well, that's nothing new.

From a law enforcement standpoint, to the extent that we can see - "no." The reason I say that is because despite all the publicity in recent years, LE has not given any indication that they've changed their focus of the investigation. They have suspects, and that's more than one - but I don't think they're any more certain of what happened today than they were 5 years ago. I don't think they've ruled out anyone in the time. I'm sure they've received a lot of leads, some of them new, some recycled - but again the important thing is keeping the story fresh, because someone does have some answers - and it's just a matter of time before they come forward.

It's amazing to me how more people are talking about it than say 5 years ago. When I would bring it up in conversation back then - it's was a buzzkill, literally. Now it comes up and people are really interested in talking about it and they speak in terms of what they were doing when it happened, how it affected them, etc. Just the other day I was talking to a long time business associate about the case. Turns out he was from St. Cloud in 1989 and was at the Tom Thumb within days of the kidnapping. He said he remembers seeing a white van with a strange man, and that he often thinks he should have taken note of the license plate and reported it. There's got to be hundreds of stories like that, and it only takes one of those stories to lead to answers...

I remember the white van and looking. There seemed to be hundreds of them.

Wasn't the white van a car that had the guy with the fringe of bangs and dark rimmed glasses who was maybe in his early 20's?

I remember the white van and looking. There seemed to be hundreds of them.

Wasn't the white van a car that had the guy with the fringe of bangs and dark rimmed glasses who was maybe in his early 20's?

There's a picture of the van described in Andrew's attempted abduction, on page 108 of ELOC's book It was a light tan color.

"With tips from the public beginning to slow somewhat, authorities released a sketch of the van used in the attempted ab- duction of Andrew that summer. Additional details about the van were released, stating that it was a 1970's model, had a white bumper, and a cracked blue-colored bug deflector in front. The van was a utility type of vehicle with six-ply bias black wall truck tires, two rear windows and handles on the back doors. The sketch of the van prompted another wave of calls from tipsters. Sheriff Charlie Grafft noted that investigators quickly became busy with up to 200 calls. Many callers gave similar descriptions of what they had seen." (Chapter 6, pg. 116 of "It Can't Happen Here".)

There's a picture of the van described in Andrew's attempted abduction, on page 108 of ELOC's book It was a light tan color.

"With tips from the public beginning to slow somewhat, authorities released a sketch of the van used in the attempted ab- duction of Andrew that summer. Additional details about the van were released, stating that it was a 1970's model, had a white bumper, and a cracked blue-colored bug deflector in front. The van was a utility type of vehicle with six-ply bias black wall truck tires, two rear windows and handles on the back doors. The sketch of the van prompted another wave of calls from tipsters. Sheriff Charlie Grafft noted that investigators quickly became busy with up to 200 calls. Many callers gave similar descriptions of what they had seen." (Chapter 6, pg. 116 of "It Can't Happen Here".)

So is this the "white" van or is there a white van?

Although some may see this OT and not relevant, to me it is fascinating that the secrets of Dennis Hastert were kept for almost half a century.

It is possible that there are people that know and have kept silent for some reason in Jacob's situation. It would seem so hard to imagine that a person like Hastert who is so much in the public eye could get away with it for so long. Obvioulsy it can and did happen.

The other interesting thing is wondering if Hastert kept up his secret life of molesting teens. I suppose if he did not do anything in the US, I imagine he had opportunities if he travelled out of the country. I was just mulling if someone could control their urges.

Kevin drove all the way into Rassiers’ driveway because he didn’t realize it was a driveway.

But

He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that,

If kevin was already familiar with the dead end, why was a driveway suddenly new?

Everyone has dismissed Kevin as having anything to do with it. So, he has to have something that puts him out of the running for any involvement.

Was he in an accident and has issues such as difficulty walking or speaking?

Is he incredibly tall or incredibly short? There is something because Patty, Joy, and LE all dismissed him .

Everyone has dismissed Kevin as having anything to do with it. So, he has to have something that puts him out of the running for any involvement.

Is he incredibly tall or incredibly short? There is something because Patty, Joy, and LE all dismissed him .

They've dismissed him once but they've also had to clear MF twice. I don't know Kevin or have enough information to exclude him whatsoever.

They've dismissed him once but they've also had to clear MF twice. I don't know Kevin or have enough information to exclude him whatsoever.

You live there but have never heard who he is? With all of those people saying he is not a suspect, what do think it could be?

So is this the "white" van or is there a white van?

I believe that this light tan van "evolved" into a white van in the public's mind. Could be something was said on the radio too. What's most interesting is that this van was linked to an abduction attempt on a boy named Andrew. No one would believe his mother when she tried talking about this, but after Jacob was taken that all changed

Kevin drove all the way into Rassiers’ driveway because he didn’t realize it was a driveway.

But

He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that,

If kevin was already familiar with the dead end, why was a driveway suddenly new?

Exactly. Why come forward after 14 years, why not right away? Brand new tires purchased locally. A new sheriff in town...

I believe that this light tan van "evolved" into a white van in the public's mind. Could be something was said on the radio too. What's most interesting is that this van was linked to an abduction attempt on a boy named Andrew. No one would believe his mother when she tried talking about this, but after Jacob was taken that all changed

Sadly, that is often the case - the people with the power to take action do not care about the warning signs enough to prevent the tragedy that finally wakes society up.

I'm not saying that what happened to Jacob was the fault of anyone but the perp who took him, but it is staggering how many of these sorts of incidents are brushed aside.

He knows a medical cop.

Seriously, though, for all these people to dismiss him, it's probably either because LE searched his car and found no trace evidence, or because he could provide them with a verifiable alibi for the rest of the day/night(or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07