MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see Joy's new blog post?? Very interesting regarding the 'Catch Me If You Can' car.
I wonder if someone with ties to the local media industry would have had involvement with the movie production. Someone in radio, perhaps? I would assume the local radio stations would have been involved in promoting the movie, advertising for movie extras, etc.

http://www.joybaker.com/2015/06/01/catch-me-if-you-can/

When you look up his license on the State of MN teaching licenses, there are different dates. Why is that?

Those are just renewal dates. You have to renew your license every 5 years and submit continuing education credits, etc.

Did everyone see Joy's new blog post?? Very interesting regarding the 'Catch Me If You Can' car.
I wonder if someone with ties to the local media industry would have had involvement with the movie production. Someone in radio, perhaps? I would assume the local radio stations would have been involved in promoting the movie, advertising for movie extras, etc.

The old man up in a tree wearing a blaze orange hat is a bowhunter imo. They just didn't see his bow. Bowhunting season runs from Sept through December. He was probably out of the tree and woods at dark.

Two examples of 1970's era dark brown station wagons. It mystifies me how many leads LE was pursuing (sketches, vehicles, callers to tip lines, etc) but then they never reported if they actually tracked down any of the items and cleared them.

Wagon2.jpg

Wagon1.jpg

Two examples of 1970's era dark brown station wagons. It mystifies me how many leads LE was pursuing (sketches, vehicles, callers to tip lines, etc) but then they never reported if they actually tracked down any of the items and cleared them.

Wagon2.jpg

Wagon1.jpg

Was this vehicle parked next to Jacobs last footprint?

Was this vehicle parked next to Jacobs last footprint?

I would tend to think that it was not, because that would make a total of four unusual cars in DRs driveway that day.

1. The afternoon car driving like a bat out of hell, that DR says he saw.
2. The small dark car at about the time of the abduction, that DR says he saw.
3. This station wagon at the time of the abduction, which DR didn't see.
4. Kevin's light colored, midsized car, shortly after the abduction,which DR didn't see.

All in all, that would make three cars within 15 minutes of the abduction. Seems highly unlikely to me.

LE did not repeat their quest to find this car, which to me indicates that they found it, or that they didn't place much significance in finding it.

Hmm....who do we know in radio??? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan Hollinger, and thats about it.

And perhaps that's the only person we need to zero in on. This whole movie shoot in St Cloud would have been right up his alley. The question is, is he someone who would have driven a station wagon? He did have children, so from that point it makes sense. Maybe it was his wife's vehicle

And perhaps that's the only person we need to zero in on. This whole movie shoot in St Cloud would have been right up his alley. The question is, is he someone who would have driven a station wagon? He did have children, so from that point it makes sense. Maybe it was his wife's vehicle

Get to LE and put him on the sand/stand..

This isn't exactly "new" info, however, it has been discussed here in Jacob's thread before, and it is in ELOC's book It Can't Happen Here, Chapter 6, pg. 132.

"Meanwhile, investigators searched for yet another suspicious vehicle that was reportedly seen in St. Joseph about a week before Jacob's kidnapping. Witnesses described the car as a four-door, dark brown station wagon, believed to be about a 1970 model. It had a luggage rack and rust on the doors and fenders. The car bore an orange and black sticker on the back bumper that read Catch Me If You Can. That was the title of a movie produced locally in 1988." (91)

I should have been more clear about DR and his teachng license. In the article p.osted by SAS, it says DR was a teacher since 1978. Where?

This is his licensure record

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS (See key below)
FOR: DANIEL A RASSIER FILE FOLDER NUMBER: 245457
LICENSE
TYPE DATE
REGISTERED
STATUS
DATE OF ACTION
STANDARD 05/02/1989 PRINTED 05/17/1989
STANDARD 04/12/1994 PRINTED 04/25/1994
STANDARD 03/22/1999 PRINTED 04/16/1999
STANDARD 04/02/2004 PRINTED 04/05/2004
STANDARD 05/29/2009 PRINTED 06/01/2009
STANDARD 02/11/2014 PRINTED 02/11/2014

I believe someone in radio could be a strong possibility given all these things that add up. They also might have a radio recorder type thing that they carry around that could look like a scanner (thinking of the other J's case too). There is actually a picture I wish I could share on here of someone carrying one of those things, who could have been around that area, possibly.

Waldoch sent an e-mail Thursday to parents, addressing their concerns and explaining the school's position.

"I said we're faced with an unknown and the truth is not clear," she said. "We want to safeguard the children but we also want to respect the rights of an individual who has not been charged."

http://m.startribune.com/101616498.html

This statement still holds true five years later.

I should have been more clear about DR and his teachng license. In the article p.osted by SAS, it says DR was a teacher since 1978. Where?

This is his licensure record

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS (See key below)
FOR: DANIEL A RASSIER FILE FOLDER NUMBER: 245457
LICENSE
TYPE DATE
REGISTERED
STATUS
DATE OF ACTION
STANDARD 05/02/1989 PRINTED 05/17/1989
STANDARD 04/12/1994 PRINTED 04/25/1994
STANDARD 03/22/1999 PRINTED 04/16/1999
STANDARD 04/02/2004 PRINTED 04/05/2004
STANDARD 05/29/2009 PRINTED 06/01/2009
STANDARD 02/11/2014 PRINTED 02/11/2014

According to this license info, he started teaching in 89. Where was he teaching the other years?

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at, but I don't believe there is anything fishy about this. My relative has been a teacher since 1969 and the first date for her listed on this same website is 1985. So it might simply be a database space issue where they only list licenses renewed after the mid 80's or something.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at, but I don't believe there is anything fishy about this. My relative has been a teacher since 1969 and the first date for her listed on this same website is 1985. So it might simply be a database space issue where they only list licenses renewed after the mid 80's or something.

Probably coincides with the time that things started going electronic/digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I had a license before then and I am on there before that. I checked to see if that was the issue. Some entry type thng. Nope.

Strange

It says he was a teacher since 1978. I am not doing anything

And a teacher since 1969 would have been retired for years. I am retired but have a current license.

She's not retired. She refuses to retire...lol. And yes she's pushing 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member