NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was certainly physically abusive to his first family, both his wife and children. Very cruel, torturous, not just impulsive violence, though there was a lot of that, too. I seem to remember cigarette burns on one of the kids being impetus for his wife to gather her kids and flee. Source was a documentary... I think it was called The Chameleon Killer.

I don't know if there is public evidence of him being sexually abusive of children. His children from his first family and the child he abducted and abandoned as a living Jane Doe would probably know.

MOO
I believe his biological son has confirmed that he was sexually abusive.

I believe his biological son has confirmed that he was sexually abusive.
Fair enough. It's been a long time since I read or watched anything about the case, and I didn't want to misstate that it was a fact when it wasn't. It's easy to conflate Terry Rasmussen with Franklin Delano Floyd. Both were chameleonic identity thieves and conmen, serial killers who preyed on women with kids across the country at about the same time. Floyd's sexual abuse of children is much more known and forward - there was eye witness, anecdotal, and photographic evidence that was unmistakable. I've read about Floyd more recently, so his crimes are fresher in my mind.

MOO

He was certainly physically abusive to his first family, both his wife and children. Very cruel, torturous, not just impulsive violence, though there was a lot of that, too. I seem to remember cigarette burns on one of the kids being impetus for his wife to gather her kids and flee. Source was a documentary... I think it was called The Chameleon Killer.

I don't know if there is public evidence of him being sexually abusive of children. His children from his first family and the child he abducted and abandoned as a living Jane Doe would probably know.

MOO
I don't think that "Finding Lisa", Boston Globe Article may of said to the effect as to why the potential adoptee may of spoken with authorities about the child. She didn't learn those things out of the blue. Though you could be right, abandonment yes, other things maybe.

I guess if they can map DNA, at some point 5 generations might not be so bad. There was once an organization that had people volunteer there computers to listen for sounds recorded from space. I think it was the SETI institute. Wonder if they use that software with the DNA base that is out there. They probably do or something like it. Otherwise the middle child probably would be identified by now. Or they don't have enough samples in the data base.

I guess if they can map DNA, at some point 5 generations might not be so bad. There was once an organization that had people volunteer there computers to listen for sounds recorded from space. I think it was the SETI institute. Wonder if they use that software with the DNA base that is out there. They probably do or something like it. Otherwise the middle child probably would be identified by now. Or they don't have enough samples in the data base.
That was the SETI at home project. I believe it was discontinued in 2020.
The MC's DNA is currently in the Forensic/Investigative genetic genealogy pipeline. I believe Barbara Rae-Venter's group is doing the research. Last I knew, they had built a family tree with thousands of distant relatives on it, the closest match was around a 4th cousin. None of the relatives who have been contacted have any idea who the MC is, or who her mother is/was. The research team has a pretty good grasp on who her genetic family is, so it's not a matter of DNA sampling. It's that her extended family doesn't know who she is. This could be due to an NPE or adoption somewhere in the MC's lineage. This is the latest information I have, I'm not part of their group so I'm not privy to more recent updates, that's why I asked @forthevictims if he might.

That was the SETI at home project. I believe it was discontinued in 2020.
The MC's DNA is currently in the Forensic/Investigative genetic genealogy pipeline. I believe Barbara Rae-Venter's group is doing the research. Last I knew, they had built a family tree with thousands of distant relatives on it, the closest match was around a 4th cousin. None of the relatives who have been contacted have any idea who the MC is, or who her mother is/was. The research team has a pretty good grasp on who her genetic family is, so it's not a matter of DNA sampling. It's that her extended family doesn't know who she is. This could be due to an NPE or adoption somewhere in the MC's lineage. This is the latest information I have, I'm not part of their group so I'm not privy to more recent updates, that's why I asked @forthevictims if he might.
As for identifying the MC-How would I put this tactfully? NH currently is not up on how IGG has to work.....so unless there is a lucky big match that happens I have my doubts. As for Rasmussen's behavior-yes he sexually abused and mentally and physically controlled and tormented his victims. If his wife had not run with the kids when she found cigarette burns on their son I'm sure they would have all been dead too.

@forthevictims Ugh on the LE angle. Where does the team go from here, once the tree is built out this far? Does the team just keep contacting more people, or does it become more passive ie: regularly checking for new uploads?
There has to be a clue that will open this wide open.
True, but I don’t think that it seems likely that they made it to 1980, especially if we consider the general timeline the isotopes layout (as in time periods, not the locations).
I was wondering about the isotopes. I believe the victims or just the still Unidentified victim was only in the Northeast corridor for a short period of time. Estimated death if Sarah was born Dec 1977 and the middle child was 2-4 about a year apart either way. So which I assume means the Unidentified child was probably born 1976 being one year older than the estimated Age 1-3. Conception late 75 or early 76. If only 2wks to 3 moths in that location, and he didn't list a spouse when arrested in October but did prior, last arrest listed was in May 1980 that he had a spouse. 12-21-1979 he bounced the check and in January an Elizabeth Evans signed a certified letter. 3 months from January is April 1980, May a spouse was listed. I guess I'm wondering may there have been another Elizabeth Evans. I am not that familiar with Isotyping but it seems it would of been impossible for the victims if only in the North East 2 weeks to 3 months to sign that certified in January 1980. But someone named Robert Evans lived at that address it appears. And assuming it was Bob Evans / Terry who wrote that check December 21st 1979. From most of what I read Isotyping is a pretty good science. To say 2wks to 3 months kind of indicates a degree of confidence.

Here is the link to the raw press conference footage from November 2015, which announced the isotope results, if anyone is interested. This was before we knew about TPR/RE and Marlyse and her daughters' identities. I know this link has been posted before a few times, but I think it may be worth bringing forward.
The q&a is where the AG mentions their movement prior to coming to NH.

Here is the link to the raw press conference footage from November 2015, which announced the isotope results, if anyone is interested. This was before we knew about TPR/RE and Marlyse and her daughters' identities. I know this link has been posted before a few times, but I think it may be worth bringing forward.
The q&a is where the AG mentions their movement prior to coming to NH.
Thank You very much, Only 2wks to 3 months all in the same place. More Northern yellow section, inland middle child probably born there. I'm getting all the ages about 1980 they were killed, specially if Sarah was estimated to be 2 or 3 now 79-80, Marie 9-10 from 71 1979-1980, middle child 2-4 maybe 1 yr older than Sarah. 1 year older if, Sarah Born Dec of 1977, Puts Middle child dob Dec 76 - March 1977 Conception 03/1976 . February and May he lists a spouse, Elizabeth, the NSF check certified letter signed by Elizabeth Evans January of 1980. So who signed the certified if in Feb & May he lists a spouse , but in October when arrested he does not list a spouse. 2wks to 3 months all in the same place. 1726156370953.png

1975 is it know if Terry spent any time in Jail in June of 1975 and how long? If the middle child was born Dec 1976 , since estimates put her 1 yr older than Sarah, the child could have been conceived estimated March of 1976. June 1975 he was arrested for aggravated assault probably when the assault happened.

June - Rasmussen is arrested in Phoenix for aggravated assault. It is believed that his wife and children left him shortly after the arrest. From the timeline here: Link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afrench
Back