MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are onto Del Huber? I forget who the last one was that we had clues for. Anyone remember?

If memory serves me correctly, those numbers were the numbers on Delbert Hubers identification tag for his booking photo

I didn't know they put numbers on booking photos anymore. DOC photo perhaps, do you have a copy of that?

Does anyone know the circumstances of Jacob's bike being stolen?

You mean his moms bike? Because that's the bike he chose to ride that night. Never heard about it myself.

He rode his mom's bike that night because his bike had been stolen in days previous to his abduction.

He rode his mom's bike that night because his bike had been stolen in days previous to his abduction.

I wonder what the circumstances of that are. Was it stolen by burglary of their house/garage?

No info in the person who stole the bike? Gutsy. Must be an adult if he was questioned.

Why would an adult steal a child's bike?

Who would be in that cul de sac and why? An adult bike stealer is weird

I agree, and it most likely wasn't any sort of fancy bike. Boys bikes are pretty basic, especially back in those days. Who would steal it?!? It's a very odd coincidence. I'm sure that has bothered Patty/LE all of these years.

Was the sleepover at Aaron's house?
So potentially the perp could have spotted Jacob the night before at the friend's house.

Well, by this point I can't help but be curious how that person was "cleared" - they cleared Kevin, who 99.9% has no real means of proving that the tire tracks attributed to his girlfriend's car actually were made by his girlfriend's car.

It is an eerie coincidence, though, for Jacob's bike to have been stolen. If no bike had been available to him, he would have had to stay at home and wait with his sister while the others went out(and then, it probably would have been Aaron who was taken).

This is a troubling thought, and I imagine everyone in both boys' families has been tormented by it for years and years now. :(

Just to clarify, the bike was stolen from another yard, not Jacob's. Jacob was at a friend's house for a sleepover. That house was north and west of the abduction site.

Probably not relevant then

Well, by this point I can't help but be curious how that person was "cleared" - they cleared Kevin, who 99.9% has no real means of proving that the tire tracks attributed to his girlfriend's car actually were made by his girlfriend's car.

It is an eerie coincidence, though, for Jacob's bike to have been stolen. If no bike had been available to him, he would have had to stay at home and wait with his sister while the others went out(and then, it probably would have been Aaron who was taken).

This is a troubling thought, and I imagine everyone in both boys' families has been tormented by it for years and years now. :(

It is high,y unlikely Aaron and Trevor would have gone.

Jacob probably had access to his father's bike and neighbor's if it would have been so critical.

The kids said they were bored. I am sure they could have found plenty to do at home. These kids were typical middle class kids.

True, but it's still eerie.

I am glad ELOC had info because it was eerie, as you say.

I wish someone had info on the guy who was in prison and had his car taken apart by LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0