MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter went from Patty to LE and then to DR, (according to DR - video link below) so it would seem to originate with her. I'm sure she's capable of coming up with her own ideas without LE's assistance. She's worked for missing children for years.

"Rassier says the file contained newspaper clippings, videotapes of news and a letter from Patty Wetterling.

"Was that letter addressed to you?" asked Julie Nelson

"It was addressed to me but it looks like it went through the sheriff's department. It was basically pleading with me to, basically accusing me that I did it and that would you please end this whole thing and let's wrap this up and come forward."

Rassier received that letter six years ago, but never responded. Then, last October, he ran into Patty outside his health club.

"She asked me if I could talk and my just reaction was well, yeah, of course. Twenty years is long enough to not talk. So, we sat down and talked for about an hour," said Dan.

He says Patty asked several times if Dan was responsible for Jacob's disappearance."
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/...ive_interview_w_wetterling_person_of_interest

There were or are no other POI's other than DR. So she had no other POI to send a letter to.

Thank you. I wasn't undermining Patty in any way. She's a very smart woman. I just couldn't remember the details of how the letter came about.

This is a forum on the internet, not a jury room in a court of law. As far as I can tell, all you people popping in and simply saying "he didn't do it" are acting on speculation and gut feelings as well. What makes you right? Unless you are him, you were with him at the time, you know who did it, or you did it yourself, there is no way anyone can know 100% that he didn't do it. It's all hearsay and speculation here because none of us were there during the crime and we don't have access to the case files or evidence.

I never said he wasn't guilty. I just don't subscribe to the idea of smearing a man's name without any evidence to back it up. I personally don't care that this is just a public forum on the internet. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty. What is so wrong with that? So forgive me if I have opinions that differ from yours or anyone else's.

By the way, I didn't just "pop in." I've been following this thread and Jacob's case for a very long time. I've just cut back on how much I post and what I say because people have twisted my words in the past. And what difference does it make anyway? Everyone is welcome here and so are their opinions.

It would be great if some would be more tolerant of others opinions, and if some would be more respectful in advertising or dramatizing their own.

I don't want to hear DR tell me he had absolutely nothing to do with it. I want LE to tell us why they named him a poi. And I will do nothing more than speculate why until then, because it's the best thing this investigation has right now.

You spend a lot of time on this forum you are on the ground right where it happened why not reach out to some of the key people and get facts?

I have to give you and Sas credit your non stop volume of dr did it posts is impressive. Sas is there on the ground he can ask lots if questions. ..maybe reach out to Patty, DR, Kevin

You state you want facts but when facts are posted, you dis the poster.

And people keep asking for links and when they are provided over and over again, it is regurgitation and high volume.

Who has facts for others? Where are facts for Hollinger? He seems like the only one who I know of that has some unanswered questions. Simon knows about Hollinger but he won't tell.

Kevin-- people know who he is but they won't tell.

We have one POI and we don't know why. As I have said over and over, why is this upstanding citizen the zpOI?

Lets get some new information from people on the ground otherwise its just talking in circles again and again

Lets get some new information from people on the ground otherwise its just talking in circles again and again

Not long ago, I posted (what I thought was new information) regarding DAH. At the time, I believe his mother lived in a trailer park only a few miles from the abduction site; which potentially puts him in the immediate area. I have never heard evidence that he was cleared/had an alibi/was incarcerated etc...but I could have missed it.

Any time someone posts a tidbit of information about anyone other than DR, it gets lost in the regurgitated information about DR. The recently proposed dedicated Jacob forum would be nice with one thread on DR and other threads with other discussions.

Not long ago, I posted (what I thought was new information) regarding DAH. At the time, I believe his mother lived in a trailer park only a few miles from the abduction site; which potentially puts him in the immediate area. I have never heard evidence that he was cleared/had an alibi/was incarcerated etc...but I could have missed it.

That is very interesting about the mother living in Waite Park. I'm not sure about the nature of their relationship, as Hart was in foster homes or youth center much of his childhood..

Harts stated alibi was that he was at Mud Lake near New London that night, with one of the juvenile boys for which he was convicted of assaulting. Not sure if he was truthful or not, but this is what he told a private investigator in 1990.

The discussion in Hart was that he was so short and wore a really unusual shoe size.

The boys could be way off on the height of the perp as they were frightened, surprised, and there was nothing to compare his height to.

How concrete is his alibi?

Every once in awhile with the regurgitation of information, a new insight was found. For instance, the mysterious adult footprint was identified as belonging to the man in the photo, I forget who it is.

We talked about these footprints on and on, And all of a sudden a light clicked.

We have so little info to go on.

Jacob's thread is still alive.

Compare it to others. Even Kyron Horman has nothing and that was so intense.

Perhaps someone would like to start a DR is innocent thread and the evidence could be gathered there.

Every once in awhile with the regurgitation of information, a new insight was found. For instance, the mysterious adult footprint was identified as belonging to the man in the photo, I forget who it is.

We talked about these footprints on and on, And all of a sudden a light clicked.

We have so little info to go on.

Jacob's thread is still alive.

Compare it to others. Even Kyron Horman has nothing and that was so intense.

Perhaps someone would like to start a DR is innocent thread and the evidence could be gathered there.

There is no evidence that points to anyone as far as all of us know. Yes I know dr is the only poi giys

There is no evidence that points to anyone as far as all of us know. Yes I know dr is the only poi giys

Yes. He is the POI.

I posted above who was involved in that 2010 search The dog. The new evidence that led to the search. The Team Adam from the NCEMC .

The items taken were mentioned maybe there or some posting recently.

Those are facts we have. What can be done with that info? Not much as far as I can see

The discussion in Hart was that he was so short and wore a really unusual shoe size.

The boys could be way off on the height of the perp as they were frightened, surprised, and there was nothing to compare his height to.
How concrete is his alibi?

How tall is he? I'm having a hard time reading the height chart in his mugshot.

http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2014/12/Mugshot_012490.jpg

It looks to me he's above the 5'8" line by about two inches.

Yes. He is the POI.

I posted above who was involved in that 2010 search The dog. The new evidence that led to the search. The Team Adam from the NCEMC .

The items taken were mentioned maybe there or some posting recently.

Those are facts we have. What can be done with that info? Not much as far as I can see

You are saying that there is evidence that led to the search? What is this evidence? Clothing, DNA,?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13