MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen The Hunt. I didn't find it very accurate in a lot of ways. It was more about Paynesville than it was about Jacob. And several key facts of the actual abduction were staged oddly. (Bright moon out, etc.)

While the information about Patty questioning DR may be 5 years old, she still thought it at the time. Now she may be entertaining other thoughts. I think, as a fellow mom, she would grasp onto any new info if she thought it would lead to her finding her son and his abductor. So she may have leaned toward that theory back when the Hunt was on. She probably has many different ideas of who could have done this, just like I (and all of us) do. The time argument doesn't hold much weight, because arguments used to maintain DR's innocence are over 20 years old. :)

Patty met with dr for an hour and doesn't believe he did it. That's a strong factor to me. She is a wonderful person and I take her opinions very seriously!

Sas you can be our boots on the ground! Get in touch with dr, Patty anyone you can and get some new information!

Shergal I tried to pm you but your box is full. Watch the hunt and let me know your thoughts. As I mentioned that letter to dr is old information, Patty Wetterling doesn't believe dr had anything to do with it.

If Patty says so. We should begin harping at LE to clear this poor mans name. Enough abuse already.

Yes watch the hunt with John Walsh she speaks of her believe on the perp. The stuff you are referring to is the five plus year old news that Sas and human dwell on.

The Hunt.....emotionally charged....but factually inaccurate + generally misleading. A media presentation not reflective of the actual scenario. IMO, this wasn't a case where artistic license should have been used for effect- despite the good intentions. 'Hollywood' is perfectly capable these days of capturing the actual details of any subject matter.

Patty's letter to DR.....5 years old or not....still relevant IMHO. There must have been good cause for her to write such a letter. She is a very careful spokeswoman from what I've witnessed watching her speak in videos. However, if you know her or have factual information stating that she doesn't believe the POI is involved then I'll disregard the letter.

The Hunt.....emotionally charged....but factualacurate + generally misleading. A media presentation not reflective of the actual scenario. IMO, this wasn't a case where artistic license should have been used for effect- despite the good intentions. 'Hollywood' is perfectly capable these days of capturing the actual details of any subject matter.

Patty's letter to DR.....5 years old or not....still relevant IMHO. There must have been good cause for her to write such a letter. She is a very careful spokeswoman from what I've witnessed watching her speak in videos. However, if you know her or have factual information stating that
she doesn't believe the POI is involved then I'll disregard the letter.

Cgorg she met with dr afterwards and doesn't think he did it. Does Patty's opinion hold any weight in your opinion?

Cgorg she met with dr afterwards and doesn't think he did it. Does Patty's opinion hold any weight in your opinion?

Of course Patty's opinion holds weight!... the most weight IMHO. I'm looking for that 'weight'. You're speaking vaguely...can you be specific? You say she met with 'dr afterwards'....after what? I'm just looking for substantiation of your statement. I haven't seen or heard her discount dR as the perp....forgive me....I'm just looking for documentation of where she said it? A link perhaps?

Of course Patty's opinion holds weight!... the most weight IMHO. I'm looking for that 'weight'. You're speaking vaguely...can you be specific? You say she met with 'dr afterwards'....after what? I'm just looking for substantiation of your statement. I haven't seen or heard her discount dR as the perp....forgive me....I'm just looking for documentation of where she
said it? A link perhaps?

Check posts above she met with dr for an hour quite some time ago since then we've seen her on tv with no mention of dr THE POI but instead she was leaning toward Jarods perp. Its on the show!

Check posts above she met with dr for an hour quite some time ago since then we've seen her on tv with no mention of dr THE POI but instead she was leaning toward Jarods perp. Its on the show!

Fair enough....but that meeting was 5 years ago....didn't you say that's 'old info'? I thought you meant there was another meeting after the show(The Hunt with John Walsh). I agree....there was no mention of the POI on The Hunt and I have not seen Patty on any videos discuss the POI...so you're right there. And indeed, I have seen her with Jared discussing the possible connection between Jared's + Jacob's perp being one and the same. I watched the show when it was originally broadcast....I will watch again....and read the transcript if it's available.

http://www.postbulletin.com/police-...aae-2c78-5dc0-bef4-3fe16ea1a87b.html?mode=jqm

``I can tell from the small amount I have been doing how frustrating it is. I can't imagine what it is like for the officers up there on it 10 to 12 hours a day who get real excited about a lead that fizzles out,'' Algyer said.

In the past month, Algyer has personally checked out several possible suspects at the request of officers in Stearns County.

However, Algyer said, all had good alibis about where they were the night Wetterling was abducted. He noted that two were in jail or prison and a third was in a residential treatment program.

Algyer said he also gets calls daily from local residents who believe they know someone who looks like the composite sketches of the kidnapper released by the FBI.

Yeah, still not seeing anything other than an opinion that this is what Patty believes now. If she comes out publicly and says she no longer believes DR is involved, that would hold some weight. Until then, it's just your opinion this is how she feels.

I don't need to convince anyone that he's innocent. You need prove that he's guilty by providing solid evidence, not speculation or hearsay.

This is a forum on the internet, not a jury room in a court of law. As far as I can tell, all you people popping in and simply saying "he didn't do it" are acting on speculation and gut feelings as well. What makes you right? Unless you are him, you were with him at the time, you know who did it, or you did it yourself, there is no way anyone can know 100% that he didn't do it. It's all hearsay and speculation here because none of us were there during the crime and we don't have access to the case files or evidence.

Her not mentioning him is not the same thing as her saying she doesn't think he did it. It's an open investigation and he is the POI, she's not going to compromise the case by accusing him on tv. Also there is no proof of who Jarod's perp is or is not, much less who she thinks did that crime.

Sasquatch reach out to Patty and see what her current thoughts are regarding the non poi suspect. Also if you would speak to dr I think it would change your mind and open your eyes! You can do it!

Sasquatch reach out to Patty and see what her current thoughts are regarding the non poi suspect. Also if you would speak to dr I think it would change your mind and open your eyes! You can do it!

I don't want to hear DR tell me he had absolutely nothing to do with it. I want LE to tell us why they named him a poi. And I will do nothing more than speculate why until then, because it's the best thing this investigation has right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills