MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an opinion here based on many years of experience, first hand. The media is historically inaccurate in their reporting. They are in a rush to get the story out first, support their media organization and make money. Facts have little to do with the story and are frequently either left out or spun to keep public interest. This is why LE has a Public Information Officer as do most SAR teams. Camera crews have in some cases walked on the tracks I was trying to follow trying to stick a camera in my face and ask questions. I have little love of the media other than what information I can get out of them that I don't already have. They tend to excel on digging up dirt on the subject..the things the family won't tell me...the dirty laundry. So take what you read and see in the media with a large grain of salt. You are not getting the entire story, and possibly some disinformation sowed by LE to throw the perp off his/her game. There are some exceptional reporters, but by and far, they are few and far inbetween.

I've always thought the bigger question, regardless of when DR told LE about the cars, is why didn't LE ask for the public's help in identifying those cars? I can think of the following reasons:

1. LE figured out those cars right away. This is possible, but it could be argued that this means Kevin came forward and was known right away. It also seems that if LE knew these two cars, that they would have used this information as leverage against DR during questioning. There is no indication that they did so.

2. LE didn't believe DR. This is curious, because then it would seem he would have been treated as more of a suspect from the very beginning. I think he may have been a suspect right away, but not necessarily a top suspect.

3. LE didn't properly digest or hear what DR told them. This is highly doubtful because no matter what one's opinion of LE's competence is, this is a very basic level and it's almost unfathomable they missed this.

4. LE believed DR, but held this information close to the vest, so as to not spoil the information. This is possible I suppose, but it would seem the immediate urgency would be to find Jacob, and releasing the information about the cars would possibly help find him.

Any other ideas??

It makes no sense as they were asking for help with several cars. So did DR in fact tell about the cars ? When did the car story surface from him?

Was DR really much of a suspect in the beginning? They searched the house six days later.

Sher reports how her friend's house was searched so often they gave the key to LE.

The next search for Dr was in 2004 of computers.

Then 2010. It does not sound like he was much of a suspect in the beginning with one house search.

Of course they came to his school. That makes total sense. And they looked in his trunk in case the perp had put Jacob in there. Doesn't mean they thought DR was the perp.

Why did they search his computer in 2004? Or at least a computer in the R home.

He never said he faced a line up. I don't see him being much of a suspect until perhaps starting in 2004

Was DR really much of a suspect in the beginning? They searched the house six days later.

Sher reports how her friend's house was searched so often they gave the key to LE.

The next search for Dr was in 2004 of computers.

Then 2010. It does not sound like he was much of a suspect in the beginning with one house search.

Of course they came to his school. That makes total sense. And they looked in his trunk in case the perp had put Jacob in there. Doesn't mean they thought DR was the perp.

Why did they search his computer in 2004? Or at least a computer in the R home.

He never said he faced a line up. I don't see him being much of a suspect until perhaps starting in 2004

"Why did the search his computer in 2004"

Why is there no story about the second search? Was it a full house and farm search? Where was the chest with ancient old blood stains on it?

And on what information do you have that DR considers this on par with other huge tragedies he's witnessed or has been a victim of? If you recall his reaction was, "O really?" Does that sound like the reaction of someone who would put this event up there with the most dramatic of his life? I would argue that in time it has become the most dramatic, but at that point and time of his life it appears it wasn't.

In that case, I ask you again, what did you have for breakfast on June 19th, 1996?
Being woken up by helicopters in the middle of the night would make it memorable for most. Also, I don't think an armed abduction happens outside his house too often. I find this line of argument from you & dr quite odd; namely, that the event is not significant. It's oddly dehumanizing especially when you are found to be collecting news articles about it.

I could maybe buy that he is so socially oblivious he doesn't think a kidnapping on this property is a big deal; but then, why would you have a number of articles in your room about it?

http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

I think they found Jacob. It's seriously any day now that this comes to an end. Everyone is waiting, including the Wetterlings. Like us, they still haven't been told why or what either.

Just drove by DR on a ten speed after he just came out of his driveway in front of me.

20150825_143637-1.jpg

This search was going on yesterday in Wadena...

Wadena farm searched for “human remains”

WADENA, Minn. – Dan Hansen's morning visitors still had him reeling late Monday afternoon.

"There was probably between 50 and 60 cops here," Hansen said. "It was just terrible, the worst day I've ever had, ever seen.”… "They said they were looking for human remains. That's all they told me," Hansen said.

A copy of the search warrant confirmed Hansen's account.

Neither Wadena County nor the BCA would offer any other details, but Hansen suspects investigators were looking for remains belonging to Carla Anderson, who was 23 in 1987 when she disappeared.

Video at link:
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/08/25/wadena-farm-searched-for-human-remains/32310453/

Wadena County authorities send bone fragments in for testing after search of farm

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 25, 2015 - 3:00 PM

WADENA, Minn. — Authorities in Wadena County say the search of a farm has turned up bone fragments.

Sheriff Michael Carr says in a statement that authorities went to the farm Monday with a warrant to look for human remains.

Carr says numerous bone fragments were found and are being tested.

Few other details were released because the investigation is ongoing, but Carr says the search isn't related to the high-profile disappearance of Jacob Wetterling, who's been missing since 1989, or Carla Anderson, who was 23 when she disappeared from Wadena in 1987.

KARE-TV reports that 50 to 60 law enforcement officers went to Dan Hanson's farm with a backhoe Monday and started digging at an old excavation dump. KARE reports authorities dug up an area about the size of a tennis court.

http://m.startribune.com/local/322861081.html

This search was going on yesterday in Wadena...

Wadena farm searched for “human remains”

WADENA, Minn. – Dan Hansen's morning visitors still had him reeling late Monday afternoon.

"There was probably between 50 and 60 cops here," Hansen said. "It was just terrible, the worst day I've ever had, ever seen.”… "They said they were looking for human remains. That's all they told me," Hansen said.

A copy of the search warrant confirmed Hansen's account.

Neither Wadena County nor the BCA would offer any other details, but Hansen suspects investigators were looking for remains belonging to Carla Anderson, who was 23 in 1987 when she disappeared.

Video at link:
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2015/08/25/wadena-farm-searched-for-human-remains/32310453/

Wadena County authorities send bone fragments in for testing after search of farm

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 25, 2015 - 3:00 PM

WADENA, Minn. — Authorities in Wadena County say the search of a farm has turned up bone fragments.

Sheriff Michael Carr says in a statement that authorities went to the farm Monday with a warrant to look for human remains.

Carr says numerous bone fragments were found and are being tested.

Few other details were released because the investigation is ongoing, but Carr says the search isn't related to the high-profile disappearance of Jacob Wetterling, who's been missing since 1989, or Carla Anderson, who was 23 when she disappeared from Wadena in 1987.

KARE-TV reports that 50 to 60 law enforcement officers went to Dan Hanson's farm with a backhoe Monday and started digging at an old excavation dump. KARE reports authorities dug up an area about the size of a tennis court.

http://m.startribune.com/local/322861081.html

Sounds like they know who they are looking for if they eliminated Jacob and Carla. 50-60 LE. Wow.

How many LE were at the R farm ?

SAS, what do you think about the hill?

Could the boys be seen walking?

Why didn't you stop and ask him some questions Sas?

Because my nerves were still shaking for a half hour after the fact. Here the person I do believe did this is right there, and it scared me half to death. I didn't like what I saw and its not for me to deal with either. This man is zoned out in his own little world.

Because my nerves were still shaking for a half hour after the fact. Here the person I do believe did this is right there, and it scared me half to death. I didn't like what I saw and its not for me to deal with either. This man is zoned out in his own little world.

Can you imagine how the Wetterlings must feel when they meet him on the oroad?

You should be more afraid of actual sexual offenders/predators.

The Wetterlings are amazing in their strength and graciousness.

They have made the world such a better place.

When will the evil one be revealed?

Sounds like they know who they are looking for if they eliminated Jacob and Carla. 50-60 LE. Wow.

How many LE were at the R farm ?

I just pulled up the missing in MN list, fairly limited list of who it could be if they are looking for a missing person from MN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz